Author Topic: Slow Build by Engineer  (Read 87579 times)

Offline Lance-W

Re: Slow Build by Engineer
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2010, 06:50:29 AM »

What is the clutch cylinder banjo fitting size?  Is it common?  Can I buy one for a braided hose or how do you deal with it?   Yup Russel makes them.  10mm banjo to a stainless braided teflon lined -3AN fitting works really nice.   Summit sells all of it but it ain't cheap.   

What is the little hose hose running off of the thermostat? housing for?  Like Master said it's the burp line.

Can you get the quick coupling ends for the fuel line or do you just clamp a hose on the pipe?  Yup once again Russel makes them and Summit sells them.  Makes it real easy.   http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-640850/

Do you know the difference between the fuel pump with built in sender and the pump with separate sender?  Is the wiring harness the same either way?  Sorry don't know.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:53:12 AM by Lance-W »

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2010, 02:00:34 PM »
Scirocco size. I forget the brand. I'll look tomorrow . NO issues at all with cooling

Got dimensions?  I kind of like the looks of dougs Civic radiator that already has the AN fittings and the fan mounted.  Curious how the sizes compare.

What is the clutch cylinder banjo fitting size?  Is it common?  Can I buy one for a braided hose or how do you deal with it?   Yup Russel makes them.  10mm banjo to a stainless braided teflon lined -3AN fitting works really nice.   Summit sells all of it but it ain't cheap.   

What is the little hose hose running off of the thermostat? housing for?  Like Master said it's the burp line.

Can you get the quick coupling ends for the fuel line or do you just clamp a hose on the pipe?  Yup once again Russel makes them and Summit sells them.  Makes it real easy.   http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-640850/

Do you know the difference between the fuel pump with built in sender and the pump with separate sender?  Is the wiring harness the same either way?  Sorry don't know.

Thanks!  Very helpful.  Can't beat having the part number.  ;D

That picture makes me think I could run a direct linkage on the shifter.  That would definately keep the feel better than using a cable.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 02:05:51 PM by Engineer »

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2010, 02:39:38 PM »
The scirroco is about twice as wide.  The civic is a nice and mounted in the right airflow would prob keep it cool, but
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SPEC

« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2010, 03:50:39 PM »
As long as you hve a thermostat...There is no such thing as a "TOO BIG" of a radiator
Well within reason

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2010, 07:47:30 PM »
That picture makes me think I could run a direct linkage on the shifter.  That would definately keep the feel better than using a cable.

I know alot of people run cables but I personally think they suck.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2010, 08:23:05 PM »
Got dimensions?  I kind of like the looks of dougs Civic radiator that already has the AN fittings and the fan mounted.  Curious how the sizes compare.

Thanks!  Very helpful.  Can't beat having the part number.  ;D

Too small for a busa IMO especially if you run in the heat.I'll have to check again the size of a scirocco rad.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2010, 08:26:18 PM »
I know alot of people run cables but I personally think they suck.
Most people try to run cables with too many tight bends and ,yes they suck then. Keep the runs as straight as possible and bends as large a radius as possible and a cable works fine,IMO. There are also very flexible,low backlash cables that are the cats ass but pricey as hell.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #217 on: December 08, 2010, 07:52:37 AM »
Merged this with the busa shifter thread
I think my ears are bleeding rofl

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2010, 08:26:14 AM »
I need a couple more answers.  ;D  We have discussed it before but what thickness and spec of aluminum should I use for the floor.  Also for the firewall between occupants and motor.  It may serve a dual purpose of exhaust heat shield.  And lastly what size aluminum or steel for bodywork?

I need a small amount of tube but I can't make a minimum, so I want to get the sheets as well.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2010, 12:56:16 PM »
Do you know the difference between the fuel pump with built in sender and the pump with separate sender?  Is the wiring harness the same either way?
Separate sender is from the first generation bikes (like mine) w/external pump.  No difference in wiring pin-out. Thats the sender I used to my programmable fuel gauge.

I have a Morse cable that may interest you for sale depending on the length you need. I had to go a bit longer for the changes I made.
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2010, 01:13:29 PM »
Separate sender is from the first generation bikes (like mine) w/external pump.  No difference in wiring pin-out. Thats the sender I used to my programmable fuel gauge.

I have a Morse cable that may interest you for sale depending on the length you need. I had to go a bit longer for the changes I made.

What do you mean first generation?  I thought that refered to 99-07, but I have seen pumps / senders both ways advertised for the 99-07 years.  And there is an external pump?  Is this factory?  Why does everyone weld a pump bung in the tank if this is an option?

I am a ways from figuring the cable length, but I will let you know.  I will need one for reverse as well.  8)

Does everyone use a regular pull cable on the throttle?  Or a push pull style cable?

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2010, 01:31:32 PM »
External pump was used on the first gen ECU bikes 99-00. Second through forth gen ECU used the internal pump, 01-07. Not a lot of first gen parts around, might be why people went for the newer tanks. Also, I think Fabr had his radiator made from the guys at SRS where I had mine built.
I will get you the specs on my cable this evening so you have some reference
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

LiveWire

« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2010, 04:30:29 PM »

{image removed because it was huge}

I can get you custom lines made with the ends you needs for far less than piecing adapters together.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2010, 06:37:45 PM »
don't know if anyone is looking but i have 3 or 4 stock fuel pumps for the busa's. I run one of enemy's cables on my v-6 rail for the throttle w/o issues and have one tighter bend at the motor.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #224 on: December 14, 2010, 08:02:13 PM »
Thanks for the info Guys!  I need to get the motor stuffed in the hole to answer a whole lota questions about fuel tanks radiator sizes etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal