Author Topic: Finally!! My build  (Read 3483 times)

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
Re: Finally!! My build
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 09:38:36 PM »
HOLY CRAP!!!
I have been having some frustrating times trying to work on this buggy. First off work has been crazy, I have been working prety much nonstop for the past few weeks. I have also been busy drawing up plate work for my front uprights, rear uprights and the break pedal and box assembelys. It might not sound like much to some of you but when you are as crappy on the computer as I am  it"s a lot of work.
Well this is the frustrating part. I finaly had everything drawn up and my computer crashed.  :o :oYep! You guessed it! The stuff that I had just drawn up was gone :'(. The computer was still on warrenty, but what a fight with the company to get it fixed. Finaly got it fixed and the parts all drawn up again. As I was drawing I coppied each peice to my memory stick. What a HUGE pain in the A$$. At least I learned something out of the whole thing and that was to save parts as you make them. It was a very frustrating learning experience that I hope I will never have to do again.
Now I need to figure out what other plate work I need and get the file sent out to the laser cutter and get on with this build.

Sorry to hear that.  :(  It is always faster drawing something the second time though.  BTDT  8)

For my rear upright pivot point (where the rear a arms attaches to the rear uprights) Is a 2.25" wide attachment point sufficient. It will be an equal length a arm design. They will be 16.375" from inner pivot point to outer pivot point. Crush sleeve and delrin bushings, both inner and outer pivot points. I hope this makes scence.

Are you talking 2.25 from front to rear?  What are you using for pivots? 

So this 2.25" separation controls the toe of the rear tires under acceleration and braking?  If this is the case I don't think it enough separation no matter what bearings you use they won't last long.  I would guess the Cudas have 4-5" of separation and there are documented problems with various fixes.

Also are you using both the upper and lower arm to control the toe or just one?

Stomper

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 04:22:12 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, things have been real crazy!! Yes to all of your questions Engineer. I am going to use delrin bushings with a crush sleeve and 1/2" bolt for the pivot points. I have adjustedthe rear upright drawing so that the attachment point in question is widened to 4" instead if the 2.25".
Should it be wider yet?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 04:25:28 PM by Stomper »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 06:13:28 PM »
engineer wrote"I would guess the Cudas have 4-5" of separation and there are documented problems with various fixes.". Question answered.Read up on Doug Heim's approach to the fix. Seems to work quite well.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal