Author Topic: Spec. says hey  (Read 2507 times)

SPEC

Spec. says hey
« on: September 15, 2008, 06:05:31 AM »
Hi,
My freinds call me Spec. I'm a small buggy builder from minnesota, I saw the link to this site on another that I frequent...By the looks of the Name it is a BUILDERS site,
I really hope this site grows and prospers...I need a new haunt...Here's a pic of me and some associates
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb269/renegadespec/100_2616.jpg

Admin

Re: Spec. says hey
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 06:42:43 AM »
Its not specifically a builders site!! Its for people to enjoy rather owner or builder... ;D

SPEC

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 07:24:25 AM »
Here, is a pic of my latest buggy it has been at this point of completetion for almost a year...(health problems)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 07:29:29 AM by SPEC »

borris

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 08:11:11 AM »
That sumbitch is cool!!! Stop teasing us,more pics!!!!

SPEC

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 08:22:41 AM »
I dunno if this counts...It's my wifes

VLADD

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 07:49:16 AM »
Hi spec,
Welcome to DTS,
I hope we can be freindly here.
I was looking at some of your threads on some other sites and saw some of your videos and buggies on photobucket. It looks to me that you build some other buggies that are smaller would you be interested in posting some threads here on those smaller builds?
I think you called them 604's or something like that? I like the look of those...
I'd appreciate it if you left that cannon of your at home 8)

SPEC

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 09:17:21 AM »
Hey VLADD,
So my reputation preceeded me :P
Leave my cannon at home.... That's effen funny
You must mean the 460's ya they are ALOT of fun...I haven't built one of those for several years, There has been some interest in bringing them back, They are inexpensive, easy to fix, and touph...best of all they were really fast...I used mostly air cooled sled motors on them...a few liquids..Which ones did you see?

VLADD

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 01:14:06 PM »
I saw a blue and yellow one, and one you called the "PURPLE PEOPLE EATER"
From what I gather they are 48" wide and 72" long? How do they ride on the trails being so short? Are they tippy? You say Fast how fast? What engines do you use in them? I saw on a site that you were thinking about starting a "league" to race them as an organized event?
This is a lot of questions but those little guys just look so cool to me

SPEC

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 02:06:42 PM »
Hey VLADD,
Thanks for the kind words, I'm really not ready to do a build log on them yet...But I can answer some questions for ya, How do they ride in the woods...The short wheel base tends to porpoise in rollers(unless you got your foot deep in it to keep the front end lite) Usually with only 10" of wheel travel extremely rough stuff can be challenging, I set them up at about 20 percent droop, so they don't feel narrow or tippy, but when they get away from you the crashes are pretty spectacular never a soft roll always a couple of barrels, and a little air time...I haven't had a cage  fail yet,
I use mostly air cooled sled motors...340's 440's and some 500's the old El tigre 500 free airs were pretty scary...The PURPLE PEOPLE EATER had the 500 Polaris that is in Barb's buggy in it...'bout 100hp...
My average lap times in that buggy on an 1/8 mile oval was right in the 10 second range...Hell I'll just start a log with some old pix.

SPEC

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 03:40:22 PM »
Anybody know the other guys in the 1st picture?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal