Author Topic: October Sand In Your Beerfest /Camp Group Reservation  (Read 37512 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: October Sand In Your Beerfest /Camp Group Reservation
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 09:53:14 AM »
FWIW,I understand your needs but there are more trees at Dueces and the dunes are no more than a couple of minutes away. However there is far less sand/mud to contend with and far fewer sand burrs at Dueces. At any rate it would be nice if those going would stay either at Cowboy or Dueces so we would all have easy access to each other just a few minutes apart. The south camps make you travel the dunes or take the town roads to get to each other.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 11:15:37 AM »
I agree with ya! I spent more time venturing from the South to Cowboy on that last trip than I ever have....not that I'm complaining ;) I can always find some play time on the way  ;D
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 11:24:24 AM »
yes I will be staying at cowboy camp, on the state side. when the little cinnamon bear starts scratching at the door the big brown monster isnt' far behind!!  a friend of mine and his group stayed there last time, I really liked it. as a matter of fact that is where I met fastcorvairs for the first time. I do agree tho riding back and forth across the dunes to meet up sucks and does kill almost a half a day of riding but like enemy said you do find some ride time between as long as you don't high center like myself, those darn razor backs!!
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 11:27:53 AM »
I'm betting that after this trip and you guys see the Dueces camp that you will want to stay at deuces for the next trip tho. Maybe not tho.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 11:29:18 AM »
Hey fast, you want to go ahead and reserve our spots in the grass so we don't miss out? I'll send you my money if you'd like.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 12:17:12 PM »
I'm betting that after this trip and you guys see the Dueces camp that you will want to stay at deuces for the next trip tho. Maybe not tho.
Oh hell yea! I bet I will, I like to change it up any chance I can get, keeps the trips as far away from "routine" as possible....If there is such a thing ::)

I will check it out on this trip and most likely stay there on the next outing. By that trip I hope to have me a small enclosed with sleeping quarters. And maybe go do some "Cash for Clunkers" shopping to find a truck to pull it  ;D ;D
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 12:21:48 PM »
Hey fast, you want to go ahead and reserve our spots in the grass so we don't miss out? I'll send you my money if you'd like.

I already have ours reserved.  Plus I have the big grassy area that was just north of my trailer when you were down there. You don't have to pay until you show up.  That's one nice thing about the Deuces you don't have to send money. They collect when you get there. 
yes I will be staying at cowboy camp, on the state side. when the little cinnamon bear starts scratching at the door the big brown monster isn't' far behind!!  a friend of mine and his group stayed there last time, I really liked it. as a matter of fact that is where I met fastcorvairs for the first time. I do agree tho riding back and forth across the dunes to meet up sucks and does kill almost a half a day of riding but like enemy said you do find some ride time between as long as you don't high center like myself, those darn razor backs!!

Are talking about when you first seen me when I was cruising Cowboy? Because I was camped in the Sand City camp grounds next to the south camp grounds. 

I am leaning toward Cowboy for the same reasons. Ill be a tenter and I like a close shower. I stayed there before and really like them. You can actually see the peaks of some of the taller dunes from Cowboy as well.

Are you guys sure you know just where the Deuces Wild camp grounds are?  They are not down around the south state camping area. They are just two or three minutes north along the pavement that goes to Cowboy.   When you turn off of 281 HYW to go to Cowboy if you were to look to the right just as the road turns south you could see Deuces Wild if it were not for the trees. Guys we are only talking a three minute ride to the showers. 
yes I will be staying at cowboy camp, on the state side. when the little cinnamon bear starts scratching at the door the big brown monster isn't' far behind!!  a friend of mine and his group stayed there last time, I really liked it. as a matter of fact that is where I met fastcorvairs for the first time. I do agree tho riding back and forth across the dunes to meet up sucks and does kill almost a half a day of riding but like enemy said you do find some ride time between as long as you don't high center like myself, those darn razor backs!!

Let the big brown monster out as you come into Cowboy on the way to Deuces. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2009, 03:45:10 PM »
I already have ours reserved.  Plus I have the big grassy area that was just north of my trailer when you were down there. You don't have to pay until you show up.  That's one nice thing about the Deuces you don't have to send money. They collect when you get there. 
Are talking about when you first seen me when I was cruising Cowboy? Because I was camped in the Sand City camp grounds next to the south camp grounds. 

Are you guys sure you know just where the Deuces Wild camp grounds are?  They are not down around the south state camping area. They are just two or three minutes north along the pavement that goes to Cowboy.   When you turn off of 281 HYW to go to Cowboy if you were to look to the right just as the road turns south you could see Deuces Wild if it were not for the trees. Guys we are only talking a three minute ride to the showers. 

Let the big brown monster out as you come into Cowboy on the way to Deuces.

lol there are usually a few that want to go swimming though!  I will be down to check out deuces but I will not be driving back and forth accross the dunes again! that trail to the ampride on the highway is kinda fun and on the way.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 07:54:40 AM »
Well were back.  Lets just call this one our October Sand In Your beerfest trip from Hell with out the heat. ::) Arrived on Wensday about noon and Master shows up just after that. I think it was raining by then and that's what it did all day Wensday Wensday night and Thursday and Thursday night.  Did I menton rain and firgging cold.  Sure glad master thought to put a satellite dish on the new toy hauler of his.  Friday we caught some sunshine and had a good run or two.  DS should have some good vid's to post when he gets done plowing snow back home. Saturday was a busts cold and wet.  Boltz did good with his everthing from nothing buggy until he got to having to much fun and dived of a hill and broke his axle.  I now have His signature on my tow rope.  ;D I can't even unload today because it's                You guessed it RAINNING.  Doug's new Syco Green is Assome on his car and boy can he catch air with it.  First time in all the time's I have gone to LS that I have had so much sitting on my ass in the trailer time.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 08:56:01 AM »
Now a race to install windshield wipers?? Oh crap, no windshield. LMAO

Some of my best riding was in rain, messiest too.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2009, 10:13:37 AM »
Glenn I thought you said it was Awesome... not Assome  LMAO

Anyway, Yeah what he said. It was warmer in WI one of the days we were down there.  ::)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2009, 10:17:30 AM »
It was just really nice. The spelling thing u-know. LMAO

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal