Author Topic: DS a-arm kit information needed.  (Read 101952 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: DS a-arm kit information needed.
« Reply #240 on: July 01, 2021, 03:20:32 PM »
sounds like a great engine. stock Numbers 0f 350 hp @ 6,000 rpm and 350 lb-ft @ 3,200 rpm. sound like it would be a reliable motor at that. Its going to be fun keeping the front end on the Ground.  Just a ball park Guess. what was the Cost of motor/ adapter and Ford Power system??

no dyno sheet to back this up but many many dyno posts on turbo fod forum that my 2.3 doesnt make peak tq until about 4200 or 4400. we were able to see that reflected in the data log back in the beginning but dont remember for sure. it followed suit with the posts on the forum. if that true then the eco 2.3 is making peak tq 1000 rpm sooner ......thats huge in my book. i hope aprilfools makes a trip to ls so i can see this run in person!
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #241 on: July 07, 2021, 06:36:11 AM »
sounds like a great engine. stock Numbers 0f 350 hp @ 6,000 rpm and 350 lb-ft @ 3,200 rpm. sound like it would be a reliable motor at that. Its going to be fun keeping the front end on the Ground.  Just a ball park Guess. what was the Cost of motor/ adapter and Ford Power system??

The adapter for the 2.0 & 2.3 are the same. adapter, clutch, presure plate, & flywheel were around 750 shipped.
The control pack to run the engines are 1800 shipped. This is more costly than it should be but this kit makes it so simple and is done well by Ford Performance. I just wish they would let you pick the parts you needed as we used a third of what came in the kit being we swap the engines into a car. But it really is simple to install and make an engine fire.
The 2.0 engine we got a complete wrecked car for 700. These 2.0 engines can be had for cheap! The 2.3 is definitely more, this one came out of 2018 with only 18k on the odometer. But a 10 speed trans was hooked to it and i got the radiator, inter cooler and few other things i could sell to help offset costs. I picked that up for 2700. But DS is correct, 2k is a ballpark salvage yard cost.
I went all AN on my fuel & coolant systems (for safety reasons) and that added to the cost as well.
Probably not the cheapest swap that can be done for sure, but i will say first time you accelerate through the gears the thoughts about cost start to fade and the perma-grin takes it place!!

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #242 on: July 07, 2021, 06:44:13 AM »
big dave, that turbo 2.3 ecoboost runs $2k from the junk yards, around here that is. that changes quite a bit but the 3.5 twin turbo coboost is $3500 or $3k if you know the onwer of the salvage yard lol  prob with the 3.5 is i wont leave it stock!   plenty of people turn them up to 600 hp very easily!  so a 2d wont cut it and thats a big nut to crack  :m   now i run a turbo 2.3.......lima not ecoboost. mines a well built 2.3 out of an 88 thunderbird. i too was born with a blue oval on my cheek   ;) ;D   i know the ecoboost makes more power if not for anyother reason then a quadvalve head! better intake, better head flow as well as  variable cam timing. theres more but you already know.  that 3.5 ecoboost would be a riot.....just need an expensive trans.

Funny you mention the 3.5
I thought about this but just didnt have the room. I did come across a pretty nice frame that was bigger and was a good deal back a few months ago. I could see that car done in my head and i did picture it with a 3.5 when completed. But as i procrastinated building another car it sold, so my thoughts of building one with a 3.5 went away. But maybe someday.... :m
I cant imagine how that engine would be after running this 2.3. And i have alot of tuning left on the table i believe as well. So i am pretty happy with this set up.
You bring up another valued point as well, drive line. Building a stronger box is defintly one of things on my future to do lists that i need to consider.
A suspension upgrade is in my very very near future  :) :)

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #243 on: July 07, 2021, 06:52:32 AM »

no dyno sheet to back this up but many many dyno posts on turbo fod forum that my 2.3 doesnt make peak tq until about 4200 or 4400. we were able to see that reflected in the data log back in the beginning but dont remember for sure. it followed suit with the posts on the forum. if that true then the eco 2.3 is making peak tq 1000 rpm sooner ......thats huge in my book. i hope aprilfools makes a trip to ls so i can see this run in person!

I will see if i can do some data logging and share this to see what it shows, i am very curious as well.

The family and i are definitely wanting to do a trip to another dune, so i am hoping we can make this happen, although i am not sure when we could with all we having going on, maybe next summer? But we definitely would like to do this.

Offline big dave

« Reply #244 on: July 07, 2021, 04:14:11 PM »
sounds like a very affordable set up. For what i have in my Qutfront 2.5 Subura motor. I could have went this way and bought a Mendeola and motor. lol lol  Thanks for the update.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #245 on: July 07, 2021, 06:33:17 PM »
the suspension upgrade will be huge!

would love to see a data log at some point.

def make a trip to little sahara someday, you will enjoy the dunes and more impotantly the very few rules lol

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #246 on: July 10, 2021, 08:05:40 PM »
Well, finally got a start on upgrading suspension today, started on the year, with the new front end i  decided to update the rear to 3x3's and 930's. My plan was to have that done today so i could cut off the front end tomorrow. Unfortunately I didnt make it as far as i hoped to today . I am really hoping to get this wrapped up tomorrow so i can start on the front. My tubing will be ready to pick up monday so i am ready to get this project under motion 👍

So what type of tubing bender are all you gents using?

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2021, 06:41:11 AM »
that is going to ride like a whole new rail!

i use a jd bender .

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2021, 08:23:55 AM »
I use the Pro-Tools PT105 Basically the same bender as the JD.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #249 on: July 11, 2021, 06:04:11 PM »
Ill give them a look, appreciate the info

Got the rear finished up today, took a little longer than i planned (self inflicted issues...) but i am really happy with the results. If i can get home at a decent time tomorrow i plan to get it on stands and leveled to start the front  ;D ;D

Hope to have pictures of the progress up this week   👍👍

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2021, 09:14:38 PM »
If you happen to buy a PT105 and need 1 5/8" 270* die I have a brand new one,never used I'd sell for 1/2 new price + shipping.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #251 on: July 14, 2021, 05:34:05 AM »
Well no turning back now!  ;)

Some before and current pics

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #252 on: July 14, 2021, 05:35:22 AM »

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #253 on: July 14, 2021, 05:37:45 AM »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #254 on: July 14, 2021, 07:08:10 AM »
AW man,you cut your nose off.    You'll like the transplant.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal