Author Topic: My next buggy?  (Read 7271 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: My next buggy?
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 07:01:32 PM »
Actually I bet that that rock is like some around here. TONS of traction dry but just a speck of water and you got a slimy clay mess just like drillers mud. That crap is SLIMY. We once got a 4WD truck with lockers front and rear stuck on perfectly flat rock that had just about 1/4" deep dimples about 8" in diameter that was wet after a rain. The ground  water  kept the clay mud wet. We couldn't spin the tires hard enough to dry the tires and we were STUCK till we got out,the 3 of us, with the truck in low/low and no driver to push it about a foot ahead and away we went. LOL! I'd bet that dude made it up that run many times before. Dry.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2009, 06:35:23 AM »
That motor is wrong for that type of thing ya need sumthin with torque not high revving..
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 07:02:06 AM »
Yes ,I agree the motor was not the best choice,but we need to remember that on bike motors there is an internal primary reduction that is between the crankshaft and the tranny input shaft that reduces the engine RPM input to the tranny to more reasonable levels.Example -busa at 12,500 engine rpm redline X 1.596 primary reduction  brings tranny input shaft to 7832 rpm. Same as many high putput V8's and 4 bangers alike. While I agree he would probably be better served with  a torque monster instead of the bike engine I cannot blame the high rpm as the culprit. True ;most rice burners are not torque monsters and ,if it were me,I'd have chosen a different engine.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal