Author Topic: Always something new  (Read 2380 times)

SandDragon

Always something new
« on: October 20, 2009, 07:46:09 AM »
Well after my LS trip I just didn't think my buggy would be fast enough to keep up you big dogs. So check out my new power plant for next summer, yep that's right a 1997 pont. GTP super charged 3800 got it cheep $375 including the ECU couldn't pass it up. Oh well I have to be working on something as you can see in the pictures my buddy's buggy is coming along we hope to have it ready for spring. How did the beer feast go sure hated to miss it?

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: Always something new
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 08:08:22 AM »
COOL!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 09:34:45 AM »
Well after my LS trip I just didn't think my buggy would be fast enough to keep up you big dogs. So check out my new power plant for next summer, yep that's right a 1997 pont. GTP super charged 3800 got it cheep $375 including the ECU couldn't pass it up. Oh well I have to be working on something as you can see in the pictures my buddy's buggy is coming along we hope to have it ready for spring. How did the beer feast go sure hated to miss it?

SandDragon

What kind of horse power that thing posed to make?  Looks interesting.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 09:36:38 AM »
Did you get that paint issue resolved, candy clear over the dragon??
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SandDragon

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 10:19:56 AM »
Supposed to be around 230 hp stock but the guy who is going to rework my computer says 280 hp easy. I haven't worked on the paint yet but I think I'm just going to use a good self etching primer and painting it the buggy color and than putting the art work on. Are there any pic's up yet from the trip you all took the weekend of the 7Th.

sgtsnake

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 09:23:55 AM »
     Be careful tweaking that motor, they can't take alot more than they put out stock without major mods. 
     Are you using the stock tranny?   Make sure you get a heavy duty trans if it isn't there, they eat them up pretty easily.
     Check out Grand Prix forums for tons of great
info on modding those motors.

SandDragon

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 01:00:39 PM »
thanks I'll check it out

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal