Author Topic: Yummi's New Ride  (Read 5012 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Yummi's New Ride
« on: October 28, 2012, 09:17:03 PM »
Here we go.......

Super excited about this car.  Some stuff I will be doing to it.  But that is for another day.  For right now I will just enjoy. 

Friday morning got up at 3:30 am to get to work and do some paper work before I left town about 10:00am.  Drove to Gordon's, unloaded my old car, met some nice folks, drove into San Jaun Capistrano and found a room / Denny's at 9:00p - long day.  Convinced John with the new car that I would bring him Breakfast Burritos if we could go as early as possible.  Met up at 7:30 with Bacon Egg and Potato.  Tasty way to start the day. 

Drove to the dunes, met up with some friends, on the last set of bowls heading west to the drags one in our group broke what we thought was a CV.  Easy enough - head back, get CV kit and fix in the bowl.  Turned out to be R/P and a long night.  Daisy chained some rhinos together but got him back to camp around 11:00p.  So, my plans of going to the drags, etc were thwarted, but we never leave one behind.  So, there is a next time for that. 

The car?  Well, a few things. First the trailer fit.  Requires four rollers and strapping.  It is like fitting a fat dude into a Speedo. The car is much bigger than you would think.  Strapped with rollers the front comes in at 82".  It works; but now I get to change four tires to go dune.  Guess they all have their needs. 

Rides better than my JP.  I will guess the triple bypass and extra weight really helps in the whoops.  Less power than the JP and more weight plus better suspension = go faster in the bowls cause if you don't; you will get stuck.  Sight lines suck.  Confident I will get used / accustomed to it, but wow.  Sometimes it is hope and pray or gas and point.  Now to the part I was warned about. 

This car draws more points, stares, waves, smiles, stoppers by, talkers, thumbs up, etc than you can ever imagine.  This morning I got up at abut 5:30 and went to the Beach Store for coffee.  Street car driving down 78, slowed, turned around and stopped to take pictures.  That was at the crack of early.  People back up, rubber neck, etc.  Crazy how much attention this car draws. 

Got home today after a round trip of about 968 miles.  Two separate stops at the dunes, and very little sleep I have my new car.  Even got the gumption to go to Sonic in it for a tasty treat because I can. 

Still super excited.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

millbilly

Re: Yummi's New Ride
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 11:09:36 PM »
Cool ride!!!

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 05:36:12 AM »
Glad the deals worked out for you. Great looking car!  And that may be the widest W I've ever seen. Sweet.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline sandycrack

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 07:57:39 AM »
That would be cool to be able to drive your sand car down the street.  Great looking ride Yummy!  Congrats and I hope she is all you were looking for!
You smell that?

ironknot

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 08:03:09 AM »
Chick-er-ie Auto Cat that is one cool ride.

Handles good that's great news, turns heads, that's got to be worth something.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 05:58:17 AM »
COOL! Great to hear the fell through deal actually became a come thru deal.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline thedoctor

• Fabricator
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 08:36:43 PM »
Am I seeing right? Did this car start as a super beetle with a curved windshield? If so it is the only baja I have ever seen besides my project. Tim By the way nice car.
In the words of my father "Never give up too soon, you might miss a good piece."

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 10:04:13 PM »
Am I seeing right? Did this car start as a super beetle with a curved windshield? If so it is the only baja I have ever seen besides my project. Tim By the way nice car.

Not exactly.  The car started as a 1966 Beetle - that is the title and works just perfect for AZ smog laws as 1966 is the cut off year.  The VIN was taken and applied to a tube chassis.  The chassis was mated to a super beetle body.  Everything works, right down to the blinkers and the door locks.  No side windows though.   The top, etc is all Super Beetle.   

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 10:05:06 PM »
COOL! Great to hear the fell through deal actually became a come thru deal.

I agree.  Glad to have this car.  Very cool car.  So much attention it would make a stripper blush.

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 05:34:58 AM »
Nothing like a topless ride, just in case you run up on some strippers.  Hopfully its still got the little back seat.  ;D

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 07:13:14 AM »
Nothing like a topless ride, just in case you run up on some strippers.  Hopfully its still got the little back seat.  ;D

No back seat.  I am good with that. I really like having my Mrs. as my co pilot.  It is just our time together.  Have never owned a four seat rail.  No sense starting now.

Strippers must sit on my lap. 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 07:16:00 AM »
I'm 100% with you on the no need for 4 seat thing.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 09:58:20 AM »
I'm 100% with you on the stripper on lap thing

Thats better.

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 11:10:32 AM »
Saw your old car at the gordons drags last weekend. Ran over to meet you in person but obviously was not you
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 07:07:29 PM »
Nope not me - were they having fun?  They were surprised i think when it came out of the trailer.   Nicer in person than the pictures show. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal