Author Topic: tube bender  (Read 26549 times)

Offline Baloo

Re: tube bender
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »

Offline Baloo

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2011, 09:26:23 AM »
l couldent decide red or blue right up until l opened the tins, red won out  :D

means l will have to swap the wheels to red ones though, cant have red and blue on the same machine  :laugh:

Andy

« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 09:28:38 AM by Baloo »

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2011, 09:39:02 AM »
Baloo that was a no brain-er.  Red wins out every time.  Blue is well just to boy.  8)

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline vidio1

• Fabricator
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2011, 09:46:54 AM »
A cool looking blue might have had a better chance......That sissy looking baby blue didn't  rofl

Offline Baloo

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2011, 10:10:31 AM »
yer that powder puff blue is a bit gay isent it, never stood a chance really did it,
red is the way forward,  going to make some stickers for it at work, something along the lines of    "Tube Master 60" and maybe a "dts" logo or 2   :o

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2011, 11:23:52 AM »
That "sissy looking blue" is the exact color of my powerstroked Sunnen cylinder hone!  LOL!!!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Baloo

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2011, 12:57:43 PM »

Offline Hammerworks

• Fabricator
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2011, 03:53:20 PM »
Fella on OFN spoke very highly of those little encoders,said they are made very well for the price.I have been eyeballing them for my powersteering bender,problem is they are always out of stock?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2011, 03:59:16 PM »
You guys come up with some cool stuff. Apparently the other side of the pond has cooler stuff readily available than we do. On the other hand maybe you just do a better job researching this stuff than I.  ;D ;D ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2011, 05:25:59 PM »

had a better look at the rams today, dident want to buy another but l think l will  eyes
both of these are well and truly bent, over 2" bend over 30 " 

Baloo

As resourcefully as you yanks are over there I am amazed that you have not pulled that ram apart put it in a press and have it straight as a string line ah hanging from a tree.  That rod is not hardened and would doubt that it would work hardden while pressing it back straight. using a couple of v-blocks and a soft pin with a v cut in it. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:27:34 PM by fastcorvairs »

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Hammerworks

• Fabricator
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2011, 05:39:23 PM »
That was my first thought also but Baloo seems pretty slick, thought he woulda thought....

Offline Baloo

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2011, 12:17:51 AM »
You guys come up with some cool stuff. Apparently the other side of the pond has cooler stuff readily available than we do. On the other hand maybe you just do a better job researching this stuff than I.  ;D ;D ;D

funny that, must be a case of the grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence because l always think you boys have all the cool stuff over there and we lag behind

Offline Baloo

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2011, 12:38:32 AM »

had a better look at the rams today, dident want to buy another but l think l will  eyes

Baloo

As resourcefully as you yanks are over there I am amazed that you have not pulled that ram apart put it in a press and have it straight as a string line ah hanging from a tree.  That rod is not hardened and would doubt that it would work harden while pressing it back straight. using a couple of v-blocks and a soft pin with a v cut in it.

yup it has passed through my mind several times, even sorted out a tree stump for the task,  was going to use the one of the excavators to gently tease it back in place  :o

however these 2 rams were bought for another purpose and l was just going to use one as it was there,
they were very cheap and we know why now lol but it wont make any difference for their intended use,
l have some land where l have built stables barn etc and have one more building to erect, a toy shop  ;D
was planning on making it 80'x40' with a solid concrete floor some 10" thick so as l can bolt down my car lifts and machine tools,  one shutter door 10' wide for access and thats where the rams are going ,  sunk into the floor before the concrete is poured 3'6" apart in the doorway was planning on cutting the loops off the ends of rams and welding a 9' length of 1/2" plate 6 or 8" wide across the top of the rams so as when the rams are down it looks just like a metal sill or step thats flush with the floor, quads and buggys will just drive over it but when l lock up at night l can lift the rams up with the plate on the top and it will stop anyone from ramming their way through the shutter with a landrover , just inside the shutter is what l was thinking ?, the 3'6" gap between the rams and door posts should stop quads/buggys being pushed out, 
shame you have to go these lengths but you do, already had several break ins,  l can set the rams on the angle when l concrete them in so as the pistons come up straight  or nearly straight anyway
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:40:10 AM by Baloo »

Offline Baloo

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2011, 12:40:39 AM »
Fella on OFN spoke very highly of those little encoders,said they are made very well for the price.I have been eyeballing them for my powersteering bender,problem is they are always out of stock?

was that Shox DR who spoke highly of them, he's over here and l know he uses their stuff

Offline Baloo

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2011, 12:45:07 AM »

Baloo

As resourcefully as you yanks are over there I am amazed that you have not pulled that ram apart put it in a press and have it straight as a string line ah hanging from a tree.  That rod is not hardened and would doubt that it would work hardden while pressing it back straight. using a couple of v-blocks and a soft pin with a v cut in it.

but l am not over there l am over here in the uk   :laugh:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal