Author Topic: Cold Air at the Right Time  (Read 1603 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Cold Air at the Right Time
« on: June 20, 2023, 08:31:40 PM »
I just gotta gloat for a minute.  Cold air blowing on a person in 95+* humid ass weather is fricken COOL!!!!! Literally COOL!!!!   It's even better than heated air on a cold day. The windshield creates a space that has very little wind in the buggy seating area that just fills up with the cold air from the ac. Life is gooooooood.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Cold Air at the Right Time
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 02:08:25 PM »
Absolutely! That would be awesome in the heat for sure. Been mid to upper 90' here this week but a nice cool down at night. 

How are your cooling temps with ac on and at 95* ambient?

" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 06:54:12 AM »
Since I finally got an adequate charging system and found a burned out internally fan connector  so far,all I have seen yet is 195* water temps. Going down to LS in a couple weeks when it should be over 100*  to give it a real test. Hoping to see no more than 200-205.  Bear in mind my oil temps get to 300 or a bit higher returning from the torque converter and before the oil cooler. I was seeing oil reservoir temps of 240-260+ after the cooler. Now all I have seen so far is approx 210. I like that a lot better.   I did some redneck air flow to the radiator testing and to my surprise it is a lot better than I thought. For the longest time I had assumed it was crappy air to the radiator causing higher water/oil temps but it was not apparently. I'll know for sure after the LS testing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 06:59:05 AM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 09:52:13 AM »
I remember you stating the oil temps were on the higher side. I assumed that was because of the tq converter. Glad you got the charging system figured out. Those issues can be frustrating for sure.

If you can keep coolant temps under 220* on the dunes at 100* ambient, with ac on then its with out a doubt rock solid !!  I hope he oil follows suit as well.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 10:58:01 AM »
I remember you stating the oil temps were on the higher side. I assumed that was because of the tq converter. Glad you got the charging system figured out. Those issues can be frustrating for sure.

If you can keep coolant temps under 220* on the dunes at 100* ambient, with ac on then its with out a doubt rock solid !!  I hope he oil follows suit as well.
I believe it will now. I went with 36-17 paddles now instead of the 33-17 I had. I'm hoping the converter won't build any more converter heat with the diameter increase.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 07:41:49 PM »
Holy crap! I got a call today and it appears that Jesel has gotten me to the top of their list! Should likely have the drawings for approval in a couple days at most and then the rockers/stands will be put in production. HOT DAMN !!!!! I hope everything goes smoothly at mock up time and maybe,just maybe I could have it in the buggy for the fall group run. I'm not going to get in a hurry now though. If it has to wait till spring for its debut that's fine with me.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2023, 07:50:55 AM »
Fantastic news!!

Def no hurry after all this time but a light at the end of the tunnel is always a booster!

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2023, 08:31:47 AM »
What would normally take 3-4 months pre covid now takes 2 years.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2023, 08:35:45 AM »
When I bought the nascrap engine to use while getting new engine done I thought I would only use it a time or two. I was sorely mistaken but pleasantly surprised how it has held up for several trips now. Knock wood!!!! 
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2023, 10:32:54 AM »
Everything seems to he plagued with delays now. Once you got the head gasket issues solved, it has ran very well from what I have seen !

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal