Author Topic:  (Read 48175 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2013, 07:39:35 PM »
if the piston is bad just have to slap on new set. We would pull,dissassemble complete engine, do valve job,line bore,reassemble and put back in bug  same day easily,sometimes 2 a day when I worked at the dealership in the mid 70's. i loved workng on the things.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2013, 09:01:56 AM »
One of the things going on for this build is a new air cleaner that will be custom made from Fast.  We can inscribe the top.  All I can think of is Semper Fi.  I have asked Mike to join the conversation, but can anybody else think of a short saying to put on this part? 

Semper Fi
OoRah!

Any others?
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2013, 01:17:01 PM »
One of the things going on for this build is a new air cleaner that will be custom made from Fast.  We can inscribe the top.  All I can think of is Semper Fi.  I have asked Mike to join the conversation, but can anybody else think of a short saying to put on this part? 

Semper Fi
OoRah!

Any others?

This lid will be about eight inch's long and four wide.  One hold down bolt hole in the middle.  We need something to rap around both end's.  That would be a four inch radii. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2013, 02:57:51 PM »
Why not,in small tasteful engraving or maybe lasered ,acknowledge the websites and businesses that helped out on the project on one end and as many individuals as possible on the other end with a large semper fi in the middle with the marines insignia machined into or better yet raised above the cover surface ?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 03:00:25 PM by masterfabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2013, 03:15:23 PM »
Why not,in small tasteful engraving or maybe lasered ,acknowledge the websites and businesses that helped out on the project on one end and as many individuals as possible on the other end with a large semper fi in the middle with the marines insignia machined into or better yet raised above the cover surface ?

Find me a cad on the insignia and we run with that much of it.  I think to get all the names on we will need a lot more space.  Even if I go supper small.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2013, 03:17:34 PM »

A plan is in the works for something to acknowledge support.  That small an area is too small. 

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2013, 04:15:54 PM »

I found a forum with dfx files.  Everything else i found seems to be crap download this that or the other.   

http://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=957

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2013, 05:07:26 PM »
Would it be improper to have semper/insignia/fi  ,in that order ?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2013, 09:36:34 PM »

I think it would be cooler to have the insignia in the middle some way and the semper around the top and then fi on the bottom in a rap.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:39:18 AM by fastcorvairs »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2013, 07:15:55 AM »
You know best what would look good.  Is it approximately 4"x8" or is it 8" x 4"? I just assumed it was short and wide and not narrow and tall.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2013, 07:29:46 AM »
You know best what would look good.  Is it approximately 4"x8" or is it 8" x 4"? I just assumed it was short and wide and not narrow and tall.

It is 7.3 long and 4.3 wide to be exact.  I will do up some dxf files and post them up. Yummi needs to start a voting theard here and on gd.com and I will post the files on them for people to vote.  How's that sound?  I just sent a pm to Esco and ask his permission to use some of his profound statement. 

(cherishing each moment   rejoicing each dream.)  This is a shortened version of it.  I like (All giver some  Some give all). 

Just going to be to many to choose from so going to have to settle on one.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:38:52 AM by fastcorvairs »

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2013, 07:40:47 AM »

To answer you question no I don't think so.  Semper above the insignia and fi below it. 

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2013, 07:41:43 AM »
No need for a poll.  Mike said Semper Fi so lets put that on top?  Logo in middle?  And what is Esco's saying on the bottom?

Wrap

Logo

Wrap

Offline D Walker

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2013, 09:00:41 AM »
I think somewhere it should say "YOU'VE JUST BEEN YUMMIED".

I am not kidding one bit. What yummi does and will continue to do, needs to be branded. I think with yummi leading the way and our support, as well ae others, this could do a lot of good for a lot of people. I like RAK (random acts of kindness)

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2013, 11:07:27 AM »
I think somewhere it should say "YOU'VE JUST BEEN YUMMIED".

I am not kidding one bit. What yummi does and will continue to do, needs to be branded. I think with yummi leading the way and our support, as well ae others, this could do a lot of good for a lot of people. I like RAK (random acts of kindness)

Thanks for the nice thought, but doing RAK should not be celebrated.  Should be the norm.  You know as well as I that some lead by example.  That is the best way to do it.   Glad to say I know a few here and there that always step up.  The recognition is not the important part. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal