Author Topic:  (Read 48180 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« on: July 27, 2013, 03:20:02 PM »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 03:20:15 PM »
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 03:38:07 PM by Yummi »

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 03:36:33 PM »
Here she sits.  A very good start to upgrade / finish.  Personally I have not yet inspected the car.  Jason at AZPConcepts and I are going over this week to take an up-close and personal look and get a final plan.  From looking at the pictures looks like glass, rear fenders, mirrors, some fab work re: possible nerf bars, address some potential safety issues, etc.  Would really like to swing a full paint job.  That is the one thing that will cost the most.  If you are in the Phoenix area and can work a spray gun, let me know.  I figure we can have a pizza and wet sanding party on day to get the prep done with minimal costs. 

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 03:42:39 PM by Yummi »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 05:19:29 PM »
EXCELLENT project. I'll look around the shop to see if I have some things that might help.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 05:33:41 PM »
Thanks! 

Offline Hammerworks

• Fabricator
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 10:15:31 AM »
I've seen that bug on the Samba.

Your a good dude Yummi !

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 01:05:30 PM »
I've seen that bug on the Samba.

Your a good dude Yummi !

Yes, we have a build thread there as well.  Trying to get soe VW folks to chip in - ride is pure VW baja.

Thanks for the kind words, but you just don't know me well enough.  Then I am pure evil. 

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 02:26:04 PM »
Sign me up for the rear fenders Yummi.  Find what looks good and send me the link.  You've seen the car so you know what will look nice.   I'll look into a nice set of KC highlighters to go in that top bar.  How about a fuel cell?  There is one on The other site for sale.  I could have it drop shipped to where you got the car. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline D Walker

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 02:36:10 PM »
Let's see, i just bought 4 7" HID lights from hondajim and i will probably never use them. I think they are the 55watt, 2 of them are spots and 2 of them are floods. Let me know if they will fit his light bar.

Link to ad http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=278731

« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 02:38:08 PM by D Walker »

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »
Thanks, lights and fenders are huge!  I am supposed to see car this week.  It is reported to be a runner.  So, I dont know about fuel cell.  Trying my dangest to find a local VW mechanic.  Them things escape me. 

Thanks again.  Will post up some more pictures when it is inspected.

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 11:04:11 PM »
Pm me with a parts list. I will jump on it and see if I get some donations for the cause. Nothing feels beter than seeing pure joy and shock on the familys face when you give them the car. Good work sir.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 04:41:42 AM »
Thanks again guys, I am looking forward to getting the parts list put together. 

All of the servicemen deserve much more gratitude than they get.  I can't help them all, but with your help we can and will make a difference for this one. 

AZPConcepts

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 01:46:14 PM »
Hey everyone just wanted to introduce my self a little bit.  I'm Jason Miller.  Born and raised here in phoenix and own a little fab shop (azp concepts) out in Mesa.  You may have never heard of me and that's ok because I do not take pride in just getting a project out the door but rather doing the project right one vehicle at a time.  Jeff called me up and told me about this and I had to jump on board right away.  I'm a pretty simple guy but theres really only a couple true dreams that I have in this world and one surprisingly enough is to be at a level to where I can spend each day giving back to those who serve our country with surprises when they come home in one way or another.  I ask for nothing in return, it is merely the joy that I receive from it that is priceless so when Jeff mentioned it I knew this would be the start to a long life goal of a way for me to give back and no this will not be my last one but rather the first of many to come each year.  So now that we have that out of the way we can get back to who this is all about.  I will be right next to Jeff trying to help source everything out and any of you can contact me at any time if need be (480-326-3339 or azpconcepts@yahoo.com)  Thank you to everyone who has already helped and stepped up to the plate with donations because as a community whole we can truly make a difference one vehicle or surprise at a time.  If it weren't for these men and woman we would not be able to enjoy life as we know it on a day to day basis.  I am currently trying to set up a painter and a booth but once again if you have someone in mind please let us know.  Once Jeff and I get over to see it we will get a full list together and we will make sure everyone has it.  From there we can truly move forward and get this project finished.  I look forward to this and thank you personally for everything that you guys can help with.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 06:02:09 PM by AZPConcepts »

Offline D Walker

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 02:07:30 PM »
Welcome to the site and thank you for stepping up to help. It is nice to find people willing to do for others expecting nothing in return but the good feeling you get for doing it.

DW

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 02:29:15 PM »
Welcome Jason.  So glad you stepped in to help.  Hope to meet up with you some day and shake your hand.   And again welcome to the this site. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal