Author Topic: Paddle Tires  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Generalg

• Grunt worker
Paddle Tires
« on: May 16, 2023, 09:58:08 AM »

Wes, I picked up my new set of STU's from K42 Rental in Wichita, they just became a dealer for STU.  Charged me around $125 for shipping on the pair vs the $800+ Kartek wants.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 07:20:48 PM by fabr »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Good info Grant!!  I think I will opt for the 36-17 Sand Blasters instead of the 35.5-17 Sand Masters. If I remember right you are running the 36-17 Sand Masters on a 12" wheel?  STU says 12 or 14" wheel with the Sand blasters but only recommend a 12" for the Sand Masters.  I have 14" and think the Sand Blasters will give me a flatter profile like the Sand Masters do with a 12"wheel.  Anyway,how do you like the Sand Blasters?  Ya,that 800+ from Kartek was a deal breaker.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Looking forward to another trip with everyone.  It was a good ride with the group until Brian had to fix his fuel tank for the 2nd time....   5:

I have good luck with Miller's Landing (behind the old Miller's Cafe next to the gas station) or Deuces for campsites.  Less asphalt to tear up the paddles.

Wes, I picked up my new set of STU's from K42 Rental in Wichita, they just became a dealer for STU.  Charged me around $125 for shipping on the pair vs the $800+ Kartek wants.

all good info for sure and i am leaning hard at dueces retirement camp. cowboy is full for those days, i cannot spend the whole week down there and dueces has sewer hook up.  i had forgotten about millers landing. what is the name of the new camp site they were working on during our stay?

as far as the fuel running out all over my battery....... thats just incentive to drive faster  :m rofl LMAO LMAO
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 11:37:28 AM by dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Generalg

• Grunt worker
Good info Grant!!  I think I will opt for the 36-17 Sand Blasters instead of the 35.5-17 Sand Masters. If I remember right you are running the 36-17 Sand Masters on a 12" wheel?  STU says 12 or 14" wheel with the Sand blasters but only recommend a 12" for the Sand Masters.  I have 14" and think the Sand Blasters will give me a flatter profile like the Sand Masters do with a 12"wheel.  Anyway,how do you like the Sand Blasters?  Ya,that 800+ from Kartek was a deal breaker.

Yes correct the new set are the 36-17 #2 Sand Blasters.  Previous set was the Sand Master 35.5 #2's but they were worn down thanks to the pavement at LS.  I wish I had done a 14" rear wheel when I ordered these new new OMF wheels.  I like how the blasters let the car slide easier than the masters.  The 35.5's #2 were on a 12" DWT wheel prior to these OMF's. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 11:43:08 AM by Generalg »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Grant,correct me if I'm wrong. I understand the Sand Blaster #2 paddle is almost the same size as the Sand Master #1 paddle?   Are the Sand Master paddles beefier than the Sand Blasters?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
I'm curious about the sliding. My 33-17 #2 Blasters slide too much for my taste.  How much easier do the 36 Blasters slide compared o the 35.5 Masters? A lot easier or just a bit easier?  I gotta decide while both are available.K2 is getting me price /availability/shipping  info tomorrow morning.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Generalg

• Grunt worker
Grant,correct me if I'm wrong. I understand the Sand Blaster #2 paddle is almost the same size as the Sand Master #1 paddle?   Are the Sand Master paddles beefier than the Sand Blasters?

SB #2 paddle height = SM 35.5 #2 height.  The difference is in the thickness and the outer edge of the scoops.  The 35.5's will not buckle/bend under as easily as the blasters.  The sliding difference is noticeable but not extreme on the blasters for better duneing vs the 35.5's were always pushing the car to go straight more, the masters would be better for drag racing.

The 16.50x15's with a 14" wide wheel I have on my BFD now are the best of both worlds.  But it's not as big of a car as the Jackson. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 02:19:16 PM by Generalg »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Ahhhh,decisions,decisions.   I have to drive about 4 blocks on pavement every trip to the gate plus driving through Cowboy where most of the group stays. Probably the equivalent of 7 city blocks every time I go through the gate. My 33"Blasters have a lot of wear on the top half of the.back side of the paddles from the asphalt.  I don't know what difference the SB33" #2 paddle and the SB36" #2 paddle have.   

Grant , my only complaint I have with the SB33's is when running along at something over 40ish mph is when cutting a pretty sharp turn the ass end tends to really want to come around. I'm thinking the SM 35.5 might solve that from what you have said about them.  What's your opinion? 
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Paddle Tires
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2023, 07:19:07 PM »
I split the paddle discussion off from the fall trip topic. I also got a pretty good deal on the STU 36-17 Sand Blasters from K42 Rental in Wichita . $1103 each and $111 shipping AND the guy is going to drop them off to be for free.He goes to Grand Lake in Oklahoma pretty often and offered to drop them off . Hell YA!!!  Saves me about a 5 hour round trip to go get them. Bargain!!   They were very good to deal with all around. Thanks Grant for the heads up.I owe you one.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Generalg

• Grunt worker
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2023, 06:21:23 AM »
Glad that I mentioned K42  and they were able to get them to you, can't beat delivery to your door!  It's not about what parts or material items we have, it's ALWAYS about the people and helping everyone out.  kick

Now you'll need some front 12.50x17Sand Master fronts to match.....
If you decide to get some fronts sometime lmk as I would like to get some new ones also, maybe order 4 together for combined shipping.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2023, 09:45:13 AM »
Glad that I mentioned K42  and they were able to get them to you, can't beat delivery to your door!  It's not about what parts or material items we have, it's ALWAYS about the people and helping everyone out.  kick

Now you'll need some front 12.50x17Sand Master fronts to match.....
If you decide to get some fronts sometime lmk as I would like to get some new ones also, maybe order 4 together for combined shipping.
Well said.

I'll see how the 10.75-17 fronts do for now. I might go to the 12.50's , time will tell.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 09:47:13 AM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal