Author Topic: rzr pro r thoughts  (Read 1777 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
rzr pro r thoughts
« on: October 16, 2022, 11:45:23 AM »
https://elwaypslincoln.com/Showroom/2022/Polaris/UTV/RZR-Pro-R-4/RZR-Pro-R-4-Premium

so yesterday the wife and i had some time to kill as going to cracker barrel for an early lunch. elaway power sports ( formerly star city motorsports ) was right next door so we popped in to look at a cf moto line of 4x4 quads, they also offer utv's.  as we entered i saw a brand new red pro r sitting there on the show room floor.   now of course i had to look at the pro R first, and from a distance it does look pretty good. fit and finishes are like any other rzr imo and looks decent but still not as nice as the kawi 1000 asthetically imo.  i know i like the 2.0 4 cyl. where it isn't truly dry sumped it is the next best thing ,with in reason. did a walk around, looked first at the suspension.... front and rear including the shocks  ;) ;) ;D the front a arms/ shock combo was impressive but that was the only thing that impressed me. its very heavy sxs, A pillar cuts my left eyes vision in half while sitting in the drivers seat. what makes that worse is the ( i guess) 1.75" od tube roll cage.

my left arm rubs on the drivers door, steering wheel feels like it belongs in go cart size wise. dash is laid out nice but my right arm rubs my wife when i grabbed the shifter. they widened the track width but forgot to widen the frame. i am not a tiny person but i am not a big guy either and i was cramped inside of that pro R. sitting still on a clean concrete floor it takes a fair amount of effort to turn the front tires, no power eps turned on. definitely needs eps!! back seat is cramped and not a surprise, passenger grab handle would have to come out if i owned it  :nw . at first glance the rear end looks beefy, only at first glance  :m the rear suspension design is questionable for sure. what they are using as a tie rod for toe or what appears to be, will never hold up with anyone putting the F in fun!  i can see the need for better parts in the rear and a better roll cage design. over all i can see the attraction until one gets up close and personal and starts down the path of well..... i could change the roll cage, beef up the rear end parts ( imo there will be toe change in that design) i can change this and that as you slowly turn and see that $55k price tag!!!  that blew me away as i turned and saw it! in no way, shape form or fashion, is that pro R worth $55k to myself!!!!!!! for $55k it had better be score legal, properly designed front and rear suspension, with a wider frame and no major blind spots while looking forward and even then i am not sure i would consider $55k for an N/A 2 ltre coupled to a rubber band!

« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 12:23:48 PM by dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: rzr pro r thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 12:12:25 PM »
definitely lots of potential there, just not at a starting price of $55k! the reason the 2.0 attracted myself was because of the sort of dry sumped system as well as the potential once boosted. they are starting to roll out the first turbo kits. here is a video of one but doubt that will be released at 500hp and i have serious doubts the belt will hold up to that in the sand. just my opinion of course.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 12:17:00 PM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: rzr pro r thoughts
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 12:17:22 PM »

Offline dsrace

• VIP