Author Topic: 2022 Spring LS Trip May 3rd thru May 7th  (Read 11417 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: 2022 Spring LS Trip May 3rd thru May 7th
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2022, 10:24:43 AM »
You will be missed. BTW,ds,how in the hell do you have anything to do to your TH? The damn thing is brand new!!! I give it another year before you trade it in on something yet again................ :m  If you traded in a wife everytime it wasn't perfect you'd be on what? number 15???? :m I guess that must mean you got lucky and Denise was perfect right from the beginning. You need the same luck with toyhaulers. ;) ;) ;D ;D rofl :m

so this toyhauler is brand new. i named it the cfu toyhauler., custom fixxer upper.  :nw  the roof leaked on the last dune trip which was the  1st trip. the water pumps back flow check ball is stuck partially open. filled my 100 gal fresh tanks over the course of 3 days.  the winch failed and i know why now. i also found out they lag screwed the winch to a 12" long 2x8 and lag screwed that to the floor. the lags started pulling out as i winched my rail in last time. i know this as i swapped the winch out for a 4500 lb vs the 3500 lb they "installed" . a custom installationi paid extra for to have it permanantly mounted not lag screwed! i did get a steel tool box (48lbs empty) installed on the tongue for more tongue weight. have not moved the spare tires yet for better balance. i have made several repairs that just shouln't have been. i wont bore anyone with details  kick

you may win that bet fabr  LMAO   

i like to think i got lucky with my wife. only been 20 years so the jury is still out  LMAO

well david that sucks you cannot make it either. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 10:28:34 AM by dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2022, 12:58:38 PM »
i have some more work to do on the truck as well. i replaced the injectors with brand new ones. thing idles far far better then it did before. also has noticeably a bit more power, who would've guessed that one when only 4 injs weren't right lol hell 2 weren't even working at idle.  so now that it is running at the power level it should've been at 5 years ago i am experiencing axle wrap. it's not horrible but now noticeable empty where it was only noticeable loaded before. i ordered some parts to reduce this effect and yes i know when one doubles the factory power level their leaf spring pack design sort of becomes obsolete.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 02:15:01 PM by dsrace »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2022, 06:42:54 PM »
i have some more work to do on the truck as well. i replaced the injectors with brand new ones. thing idles far far better then it did before. also has noticeably a bit more power, who would've guessed that one when only 4 injs weren't right lol hell 2 weren't even working at idle.  so now that it is running at the power level it should've been at 5 years ago i am experiencing axle wrap. it's not horrible but now noticeable empty where it was only noticeable loaded before. i ordered some parts to reduce this effect and yes i know when one doubles the factory power level their leaf spring pack design sort of becomes obsolete.
2 keywords-duramax and allison . All your problems just magically disappear................. 5: :) :) :)
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2022, 06:44:52 PM »
You will be missed. BTW,ds,how in the hell do you have anything to do to your TH? The damn thing is brand new!!! I give it another year before you trade it in on something yet again................ :m  If you traded in a wife everytime it wasn't perfect you'd be on what? number 15???? :m I guess that must mean you got lucky and Denise was perfect right from the beginning. You need the same luck with toyhaulers. ;) ;) ;D ;D rofl :m

so this toyhauler is brand new. i named it the cfu toyhauler., custom fixxer upper.  :nw  the roof leaked on the last dune trip which was the  1st trip. the water pumps back flow check ball is stuck partially open. filled my 100 gal fresh tanks over the course of 3 days.  the winch failed and i know why now. i also found out they lag screwed the winch to a 12" long 2x8 and lag screwed that to the floor. the lags started pulling out as i winched my rail in last time. i know this as i swapped the winch out for a 4500 lb vs the 3500 lb they "installed" . a custom installationi paid extra for to have it permanantly mounted not lag screwed! i did get a steel tool box (48lbs empty) installed on the tongue for more tongue weight. have not moved the spare tires yet for better balance. i have made several repairs that just shouln't have been. i wont bore anyone with details  kick

i like to think i got lucky with my wife. only been 20 years so the jury is still out  LMAO

you've damn sure had more than your share of TH problems.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2022, 07:04:57 AM »
2 keywords-duramax and allison . All your problems just magically disappear................. 5: :) :) :)

some how i don't think that combo will magically end all my problems  :nw :m  who really knows until one tries!  :D

brand new inj's would saved me money in the long run though!

here is a picture of brianN's new summer project........ :m :D :)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2022, 07:10:07 AM »

you've damn sure had more than your share of TH problems.

to be honest, i expected some issues especially with brand new. i didnt expect the pile of issues that i recieved and have had with dune sport as a company.  the customer service issues should've never happened at all.   they need some quality staff members for actual qc , that would go a looooooong way to cutting wasteful mistakes. the owner micro managing all dept's needs to stop. he is the root cause of several of my issues. took a number of email and a couple heated calls but he finally admitted it. doesnt mean he cares that it happened  kick he should not be speaking with customers either imo.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 07:33:17 AM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2022, 07:35:47 AM »
worst part is that i drew the floor plan to be custom taylored to our actual needs and most of our wants. it fit damn well for us and our sand rail with room for our children.    love hate relationship??? :m :nw  kick    i'll get it done or it will be hit by a tornado  ;)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2022, 08:59:12 AM »

some how i don't think that combo will magically end all my problems  :nw :m  who really knows until one tries!  :D

Ford lovers just never learn. ;)  Gotta love the camber on that lawn mower.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BrianN

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2022, 10:35:38 AM »
But it still needs a intercooler and at least (1) O2 sensor.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2022, 01:39:41 PM »

Ford lovers just never learn. ;)  Gotta love the camber on that lawn mower.

LMAO LMAO kick :nw :m :m

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2022, 01:45:14 PM »
But it still needs a intercooler and at least (1) O2 sensor.

yes it does!  ;D as well as an air cleaner but 10" tall  wet grass would be no issue with the hair dryer  ;D can you imagine the cyl pressure at 5 psi ( with an appropriately sized turbo )  and the moment the chickity china cast aluminum engine lets go of it's head!!  rofl rofl

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2022, 10:35:15 AM »
if the wind at the dunes is anything like it has been here for the last 4 days then there has to be new dunes! holy crap it just won't let up!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2022, 11:05:53 AM »
I don't have any info but there is some substantial work being done to the.dunes.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2022, 09:16:53 AM »
I don't have any info but there is some substantial work being done to the.dunes.

i had heard they were adding riding area to the dunes. no idea on any details though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal