Author Topic: Let there be BOOST  (Read 3293 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Let there be BOOST
« on: October 08, 2016, 09:49:12 PM »
Well, last trip to Idaho I got passed going up the hill just outside Laramie Wy pulling the pig.  The wifey said no more of that crap. Why you slowing down?  I explained that my EGT's were going through the roof.  Well do something about it she said.   5:  So it was Compound turbo time.   10: Got to checking around and found a company Named Pusher that offered up a kit that fit my 2014 Dodge.  Got Jerry Sandsavoir to help me install the kit and as a bonus let me use his shop with every imaginable tool and lift big enough to lift my 3500 truck. Instruction sheet said that any person with basic skills could install it in 4 to 8 hours.   rofl Right!! 11 hours later times two 22 hours we had the beast purring like a kitten.  I have done a lot of shi$$ to my last two diesels to lower the EGT's but this time I hit pay dirt.  I can lay on the go peddle as hard as I want in sixth gear at 1200 RPM and the truck will build 10 PSI before the tac hits 1500 at that point the boost will hit 36/38 before the tac hits 2200 RPM'  No smoke just a incredible pull and the speed-o rocking on 95/100 MPH GOOD BY EGT's it never broke a 1000 on the Bully Dog monitor.  The Kit was a work of art, in that every thing was Sear coated, powder coated or SS and fit like a glove.  Very hi quality kit.  Only the instruction book writer was off of his game.  He left us hanging on a few things that we had to work through.  I was somewhat worried that the tune on the truck would not respond to the massive amount of in coming air from the S475 Borgewarner 78 MM  that was going to be happening. Plus I was concerned about how it would handle and look. My worries were put to rest the minute we drove it. 

Forgot that at the same time I put on a Pro Flow 5 inch exhaust from the turbo back so the new s475 could breath.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 09:55:12 PM by fastcorvairs »

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline BDKW1

Re: Let there be BOOST
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 11:31:23 PM »
MMMMMMMMmmmmmm, more boost.........

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 11:41:25 AM »
i know your in love with that system.......wonder what it will do to mpg's? not that it matters when you pulling that much weight!!!! lol   stock inj's still?
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 11:47:20 AM »
so is jerrys next?
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 06:30:33 PM »
^^^^^^^^
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 06:31:59 PM »
Have you pulled the pig with it yet?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 08:57:19 PM »
Have you pulled the pig with it yet?

Not yet.  Next pull will be Yuma in a few weeks.  I have high hopes that all will work and the EGT's will not rear there ugly head.  Stock injectors for now because I'm not using the truck for a race application.  Only sure way to know if they are ok would be put it on a dyno.  I'll have take it to Spring field MO to do that. That could happen in the next three to four weeks.  I have four tune's in the truck and I'm thinking the hot tow tune adds enough fuel and timing to handle the extra air. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 05:35:13 AM »
 giggity  Oh my!!  Watched there video, man thats near double the size of factory one.  4-8 hr instal must be for the install on engine stand.  ;D

HUMMMMMM...........
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 07:06:34 AM »
giggity  Oh my!!  Watched there video, man thats near double the size of factory one.  4-8 hr instal must be for the install on engine stand.  ;D

HUMMMMMM...........

Four to eight would be for someone that has installed ten or twenty of them already 5:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal