Author Topic: Just helping a fellow dunner in a bad situation  (Read 3820 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Just helping a fellow dunner in a bad situation
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 09:33:54 PM »
always a sad thing to hear. how old is that rail?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 06:27:20 AM »
always a sad thing to hear. how old is that rail?

Looks like one of Yoshi's first gen rails.  I remember he used that picture with the lighted whips on his front webb page for a while back when.   No sheet metal on the sides up front and I think he has since changed the looks of the back end and fuel tank placement.  Still a good buy at the price.  i told Sylvia that would make a good Waynoka car for us. Well you know what I got from that  5: 5: :slp :slp

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline D Walker

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 06:30:09 AM »
I see Fabr is not commenting.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 06:57:54 AM »
Fabr will comment, he just ain't out of bed yet.  LMAO

Offline D Walker

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 07:02:16 AM »
But it and let the trash talking begin.  rofl

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 07:09:22 AM »
Looks like one of Yoshi's first gen rails.  I remember he used that picture with the lighted whips on his front webb page for a while back when.   No sheet metal on the sides up front and I think he has since changed the looks of the back end and fuel tank placement.  Still a good buy at the price.  i told Sylvia that would make a good Waynoka car for us. Well you know what I got from that  5: 5: :slp :slp

fast goes with mrs fast's no on this one lol yoshi does do some nice finish work but looks incomplete compared to his others and i believe he makes a stout chassis but a damn heavy chassis! after all these years of building i have had 3 of the 22 turnkey rails i have built come up for sale used. i have tried bike engines from 900 ninja to the turbo busa now. def want a rail under 1100 lbs and all my first gen were under 900 lbs wet and it does make a huge diff.  with your shop you could build a new one for less than he is asking.

d walker he did make a comment on glamis dunes  rofl rofl some might think it may hurt the sell but it actually should help it.  my current mini ( midi) either needs to go on a diet at 1300lbs wet or more tq!! lol

" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 08:26:36 AM »
That car is the fugliest thing I have ever seen. I drove by his shop last week,we have a vendor about a block from him. I saw that smart car project still sitting about 20 feet in the air on a rack. I saw what appeared to be his first car sitting on the roof of the building. I saw a SXS unfinished sitting in the air on a rack. I also saw evidence of his storm shelter business but little sign of him still building the best sand car  Sarcasm  ever designed.

Edit to say ,ALL of his cars are the ugliest sand cars ever built.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:29:54 AM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 09:44:18 AM »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 10:19:11 AM »
with the full skin they do look better but (i'm a little biased) i have never been a big fan of the look either as a stripped down chassis or fully skinned. he does do some nice finish work though. the frame just looks to me like a frame stacked on top of another frame but hey that's just me. like i said i think he builds a stout frame be it a heavy one but still. there is only 1 reverse box build that i know of that has proved to be reliable but other than that i don't know of one.

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 10:47:38 AM »
with the full skin they do look better but (i'm a little biased) i have never been a big fan of the look either as a stripped down chassis or fully skinned. he does do some nice finish work though. the frame just looks to me like a frame stacked on top of another frame but hey that's just me. like i said i think he builds a stout frame be it a heavy one but still. there is only 1 reverse box build that i know of that has proved to be reliable but other than that i don't know of one.

Talking about fabers reverse I take it?

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 12:11:23 PM »
yep

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2015, 01:34:54 PM »
I have never said otherwise concerning his workmanship.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 01:35:55 PM »
i know

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2015, 01:39:02 PM »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal