Author Topic: st anthony's idaho  (Read 4240 times)

Scottvsmith

Re: st anthony's idaho
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 07:27:01 AM »
Here, go into this site and check it all out. You can get caught up in this site for hours.... Just warning you!!!

http://www.dunereview.com/saintanthony.htm

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 07:29:19 AM »
Well in a nutshell,  Doc Brown (from "Back To The Future") is a really nice guy, and quite a Mcgyver if I might say. We don't know his real name,(We kinda like just knowing him as Doc Brown) but he lives in AZ, and seems to make it to St. Anthony about the same time that we do every year. The reason that all of the pictures were taken of his car, was for amazement purposes. I wouldn't get in that car on a dare! But, he comes back every year (LOL  he brings a backup car too, and it is a twin to that one, just a different color scheme) and loves dune'n with us.  He literally has followed me thru the dunes at 60MPH about 4' off of my rear tires. He is a good driver and one hell of a Mcgyver. He wears a tool belt (Ya, even while dune'n) and packs any tool that you may need to get your broken car or bike back to camp. He keeps a roll of duct tape around his shifter so that it don't get lost. The duct tape isn't for car repairs tho, (Now don't laugh) it is so that he can make "goggles" out of his glasses to keep the sand out of his eyes!!!! (You laughed didn't you?) The guy is the nicest and fun to hang out with, but damn, his cars are simply amusing and AMAZING!!!!

I think this guy is know down at yuma as Duck Tape.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 08:21:42 AM »
Hey Dsrase, I was there that week when they welded up the big red car they came and got my friends welder. We had our own breakage that week, at the beginning of your video we are at the other side of the lake, it was a very nice week and 85 is just right for some beer.

now I am going to have to re-watch that video to see you guys!  do you have any footage of that trip to put up? did you go check out doc browns fusion rail while you were there?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 01:00:40 PM »
Well in a nutshell,  Doc Brown (from "Back To The Future") is a really nice guy, and quite a Mcgyver if I might say. We don't know his real name,(We kinda like just knowing him as Doc Brown) but he lives in AZ, and seems to make it to St. Anthony about the same time that we do every year. The reason that all of the pictures were taken of his car, was for amazement purposes. I wouldn't get in that car on a dare! But, he comes back every year (LOL  he brings a backup car too, and it is a twin to that one, just a different color scheme) and loves dune'n with us.  He literally has followed me thru the dunes at 60MPH about 4' off of my rear tires. He is a good driver and one hell of a Mcgyver. He wears a tool belt (Ya, even while dune'n) and packs any tool that you may need to get your broken car or bike back to camp. He keeps a roll of duct tape around his shifter so that it don't get lost. The duct tape isn't for car repairs tho, (Now don't laugh) it is so that he can make "goggles" out of his glasses to keep the sand out of his eyes!!!! (You laughed didn't you?) The guy is the nicest and fun to hang out with, but damn, his cars are simply amusing and AMAZING!!!!
I'm still laughing.That's some funny stuff right there!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal