Author Topic: crazy trailer question  (Read 23076 times)

Offline Boostinjdm

Re: crazy trailer question
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2009, 12:10:09 PM »
Yes that is correct. 2 axles with triple spacing. What I meant tho was the trailer is no more since it burned to the ground along with all my sand toys a year and a half ago.
spread axle
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2009, 12:11:23 PM »
No,not exactly.He said everything was covered. He never got me the coverage and then lied about saying I was covered. Boiled down to his word against mine.Every lawyer I spoke with said I had less than a 50/50 chance of winning  with a 25-30K price tag to get it before a jury.

Ochoa!!!!!!!! Don't like to hear the 25/30K.  I'm looken at retaining a lawyer on my trailer deal. Had it all rebuilt top to bottom and all the new siding on it is bubbling up when the sun hits it. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2009, 12:28:14 PM »
Smooth skin glued on?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2009, 12:37:08 PM »
Smooth skin glued on?

Yep.  Best fiberglass siding $$$$$$$$$$$ could by.  NO sun it's smooth as a baby's ass.  Sun comes out and it looks like the Michlin tire guy and the Pillsberry doe boy all rapped into one. Can't put the graphics's on it until I get this resolved.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2009, 01:11:11 PM »
I wish you luck.Have you talked directly and in person to the skin manufacturer?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2009, 03:12:54 PM »
I wish you luck.Have you talked directly and in person to the skin manufacturer?

Can't get the trailer people to turn lose the name of the manufacture.  That's why I am thinking about seeking legal advice.  They keep draging there feet on this. Don't look good.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2009, 03:58:05 PM »
Details,details! tell me more.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2009, 04:19:19 PM »
Details,details! tell me more.

You show me yours I'll show you mine :) :) :) ;) ;)
Long story. you know the drill.  Maybe I should start a new thread on this piece of sh*&^%t.

Really What happend I think is the shop that done it could not afford there gas bill last December and when they put on my new siding it was doing good to be 45* in there shop. Long story short.  the new glue would not catalyze right. And I don't think the siding company told them about there mite should be some pressure applied to the siding until the contack glue set up. 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »
If the company that did the work is financially sound and not a startup ,in other words they care about their reputation,then a short demand letter from a lawyer may very likely get results.A couple hundred  spent may be well worth it.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2009, 04:35:51 PM »
Oh yeah you said they couldn't afford to pay for gas. In that case waste no more time and get a lawyer to go after them.I assume the value is more than your states small claims limit.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Admin

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2009, 04:45:52 PM »
Yep.  Best fiberglass siding $$$$$$$$$$$ could by.  NO sun it's smooth as a baby's ass.  Sun comes out and it looks like the Michlin tire guy and the Pillsberry doe boy all rapped into one. Can't put the graphics's on it until I get this resolved.

Probbaly not the glue, likely the fiberglass came right from the factory, they glued it on, FIberglass is only stable to the maximum temperature it has ever seen, In other words, if it has only seen 50, it will warp over, Then it sees higher and warps again, likely it did fxxk up the glue, but if it isnt left to sit in the sun or baked in an oven to at least 120 degrees its gonna warp... Gluing that shit on is the worst thing manufacturers ever did, Just imagine spending 150k on a motorhome and having that happen... ;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2009, 04:49:46 PM »
I agree but the temp also likely didn't help the adhesive. Maybe a double whammy. THe skin might also have had a small amount of moisture condensation on it if they came in and turned on the heaters while prepping the skin/rv sidewall for bonding.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2009, 04:54:32 PM »
I agree but the temp also likely didn't help the adhesive. Maybe a double whammy. THe skin might also have had a small amount of moisture condensation on it if they came in and turned on the heaters while prepping the skin/rv sidewall for bonding.

Like I said.  No heat.  The whole time the trailer was in there shop they never had a heater on.  I had to bring my own in when the graphics guy come in to put on the graphics.  He had some and I had a couple.  He would not put on the graphics unless the skin was at least 55*.  That's when I found out there was a problem.  when the heat went on it it bubbled up bigtime.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2009, 04:59:55 PM »
Bugs right then more thasn likely.I assume this was not a reputable shop or they would have known what they were doing?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Admin

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2009, 05:05:33 PM »
A lot of guys buy glass bodie cars and put them in the shop in the winter, then paint them, then in the summer there paint job looks like cottage cheese because it never seen the sun prior, best thing to do IMO with anything glass is set it outside in the sun for a few days prior, so it can heat cycle a few times, Not a winter sun either, one of them 80-90 degree suns...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal