Author Topic: New Enclosed.  (Read 5859 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: New Enclosed.
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 11:36:50 AM »
Well, that blew a weekend.  Took far longer than I would have guessed.  Ended up with 16' left over for a 14'6" car.  Should be just fine. 

First, the floor.   Decided to use a non slip paint.  First a primer.  Wanted to do something to the inside walls - did not like the idea of unprotected wood.  Opted for Thompson's water seal.  Added some color to the walls and now I can hose it down.  Then painted the floor with the non slip. Weird, like painting with a milk shake.  Its is like a slurry.  Works great and the reviews re: durability were good.  Had some help, and that is the best way to get it done quickly. 

Mounted some cabinets.  The Husky Steel ones come in at 32#'s for the upper 28".  Fair value but the whole damn thing comes in pieces  Plan on 1.5 hours assembly time.  Sucked ass in the heat.  Also got a lower on for tools, etc. 

Put the stuff in, arranged, rearranged and finally figured out the best use of space.  Fuel racks, lawn chairs, spare tire, tools, helmets, etc, - its in there.  The "V" nose makes it a bit more of a challenge.   

Next weekend will install the front floor tie downs for the car and a solar battery tender for the car.  Then it should be good to go.

Solar Battery Tender
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 11:41:55 AM by Yummi »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 04:04:35 PM »
All's cool as an ice cube in the arctic but the Thompsons was a waste of money.Within 2 months in the heat inside the trailer and all the water repellent is gone,gone,gone.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 04:15:12 PM »
I'm with stupid Fabr.  Should'a sent me the $50 and I would'a sent you a 12 pk in change.  Solvent based concret sealer would lasted forever and you'd got a free buzz in the trailer. 

Trailer looks great and the no-slip floor pant nice.  Nice install model!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:17:19 PM by Carlriddle »
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 04:22:26 PM »
Guess I will have to keep an eye on it.  If it no longer works there is always another weekend. 

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 04:26:57 PM »
Any chance your bring that setup to OK next month????  Be great trip, we promise. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 04:33:58 PM »
Slight chance.  I would really like to go.  Trouble is I cant really figure out how to do that in a three day trip.  Maybe drive for twelve, sleep, get there, run for a bit, then hit the road again.......  So, really depends on the work flow. 

We are going back into Vegas / south Nevada.  We pulled out for a bit due to staffing issues.  Till I can mange to get that area to a sustainable level, and find the right guy to do the work, I am the monkey who covers it from Phoenix.  Lots of windshield time in my future.  Just last week I was in Pahrump.  Did not even see a whore house. 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 05:24:03 PM »
Guess I will have to keep an eye on it.  If it no longer works there is always another weekend.
Just let it dry thoroughly for a few months an add a coat of exterior polyurethane. Good to go then. Looks great as it is.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 08:52:19 AM »
Just need an air unit on top and the stripper pole.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
lookin good!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2011, 04:41:24 PM »
Stuff to do while waiting for thanksgiving dinner. 

Wanted to get the fuel out of the trailer.  So, had a battery box and my fuel racks installed outside.  There has been some discussion re: Fuel cans at Glamis not conforming to DOT, so near as I can figure red with the word "Gasoline" will conform.  Still not CARB compliant, but $5.00 worth of red paint beats the heck out of $250.00 for new jugs.  We will see.   If I get heckled by the law; so be it.   

With the racks out from inside, gave me a bit more floor space to allow access to fron lower cabinet without moving trikes. 

With the new found 12 constant power I installed on board air compressor with tank. 

http://www.viaircorp.com/OffRoad/20005.html

150 PSI Air Source Kits come with a powerful, 30% duty cycle, 280C VIAIR compressor mounted on a 150 PSI-rated 2.0 gallon air tank with 5 ports. All Air Source kits come with a pre-wired pressure switch (P/N 20005 / 110-150 PSI). The 150 PSI Air Source Kit comes complete with a 1/4" NPT brass drain cock, 1/4" NPT ASME coded and certified safety valve, 1/2" NPT port compression fitting for 3/8" air line pre-installed. To use, simply connect the pressure switch to fused power, make a solid ground and connect an air line to the compression fitting. The use of a 40-amp relay and an appropriately-rated fuse is strongly recommended to preserve the life of the pressure switch.

Next up some additional lighting.  Ran out of time today.  Time to eat.  Off to "G" for a few hours tomorrow. 

Hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving.   

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 05:04:06 PM »
Well look's like all's left is the stripper pole.   ;D ;D

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2011, 06:02:47 PM »
For the wenches!

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 08:34:18 PM »
nice. should give ya some more room inside.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:38:17 PM by Wyattboche »

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2011, 08:23:29 PM »
Wow!  Nice Setup!

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2011, 09:19:47 PM »
Just curious is to much sun on those cans of gas might be an issue?

But more-so what of thieves trying to pop a top off a can and siphon gas? Might make a cover overthe top of the cans snouts??

It DOES look like a nice sharp setup for sure.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal