Author Topic: Yoshi should know.  (Read 11346 times)

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
Re: Yoshi should know.
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 07:42:42 AM »
Much cheaper here.   http://www.sidebysidesports.com/fiopcochwh.html
Color changing control box....cool
Thanks for the link Fabr.
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 07:59:23 AM »
Yoshi's price is better at $190.00 with the free shipping. 

Besides, I would rather buy from a friend. 

I checked - Side by side is in So Cal.  Shipping to me in AZ is $13.28, to you in "God knows where" is like????   

Your Order
     Item    Cost
1    Fiber Optic
Color
Changing Whip

* Size : 6 Foot (+$10)

$179.95
Subtotal:    $179.95
Shipping:    $13.28*
Tax:    $0.00
Total:    $193.23
* Includes Shipping & Handling Fees

Anyway, we have 2 pending.......  any other takers? 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 08:15:06 AM »
Just out of curiosity can you get/how much is just the base?

For instance if a person wanted to put two different colored bases right next to each other then swap the whip back and forth. 

With these leds that change color different voltages it would be something if they made those next. I bet they are working on it.
not sure, I can ask...

Much cheaper here.   http://www.sidebysidesports.com/fiopcochwh.html
I saw them at the sand sport super show, not as thick or bright  but they aren't cheaper when you include shipping....

This too     http://www.sidebysidesports.com/xmledofli642.html
Those are vision x, the ones I run are brighter.  I use to run the vision then I got my hands on the edge (which bought holder) and they are a lot brighter.  Even at that, I charge $75 to install each light for my rails, so if you check the price for that vision in a 6 inch, and deduct my $75 fee for installation for my 6" edge light, the vision is $25 cheaper..

doing the same thing with their 32" light bar and the one I offer they are $144 cheaper, but the prices on my site are retail, so I can come off that for some people.. ::)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 08:36:23 AM »
 BS-125 bux buys the 5/8"HD-6' long single color + 13.95 shipping.Compare apple to apples guys!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 09:30:29 AM »
BS-125 bux buys the 5/8"HD-6' long single color + 13.95 shipping.Compare apple to apples guys!
yerp, appears they are cheaper.  Not sure if they are quick disconnect like the ones I run though.  Someone should get one and see how they do, and if you can replace parts or not.  I know the fiber optic whip on the ones I have are not the most expensive part, so if you break it somehow, it isn't much to replace that part and keep your base without having to rewire anything, but if the light is one solid unit, you would have to replace the whole thing and rewire it.  Might wanna ask them if they can bend the light all the way over and touch the ends together, if they say yeah, then it's prob. a pretty stout product, and if they say no, ask them how far they can bend it safely.........

or, you can just not ask any questions, and buy it cause it's cheaper, because that's all that matters, right?...lol
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:48:27 AM by Yoshi »

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 09:43:24 AM »
Hmmmmm.........  I prefer buying from someone who is willing to tell me something about the product.  Even after his margins have been squeezed down to nothing.  If I see Yoshi running something and selling it, I don't want to be the guinea pig so I will buy exactly what he is using.  Not a cheaper imitation knockoff.  I don't even want to risk it over a few bucks.

Makes you wonder how the advertising revenue keeps flowing around here.

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 09:51:07 AM »
why is that Yoshi?
The whips are very stout, so they are heavier than other whips and put more leverage on the mounts.  People usually buy longer ones for sitting at camp or for markers...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 09:52:14 AM »
Yours may be better .May not.I don't know one way or the other.I'll call when they open. I was just offering a possible alternative that you might be interested in if of the same quality and features.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 10:03:45 AM »

People here, especially the administration, look out for the board as a whole, not just one person or a vendor, so master giving links to help the members find possibly cheaper products is a good thing, in both this product or any product, although I think the way he went about it was un necessary.  I would have just posted, "here are some other links", and when the incorrect pricing was stated, I wouldn't have called BS, I would have just said how much the price actually was, but that's just me. ;D

If someone wants to buy a different product than what I sell cause it's cheaper, it doesn't hurt my feelings.  If the product is better than what I offer and cheaper, and holds up, maybe i'll switch someday because someone else was the guinea, but for now, I stick with what I know works and what I like.  This is the second brand of light whip I have ran, and I love the new product, even though it cost me $100 more than the one I use to use, and pictured below.  I saw 3 similar brands at the SSSS, all cheaper, but I stuck with what I have because they didn't look as well built, or as bright....

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 10:21:15 AM »
Nothing personal was meant.I just type what I would usually say in person.BS to me is like saying "really?". No need for anyone to get all bunched up. Nor are we going to start telling people how things should be phrased here. For the record if any topic degenerates to the point of anyone telling anyone how to phrase a question or response that post will be removed.
Now back to the topic.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2009, 10:23:55 AM »
I called the place and am awaiting a return call.Hope to have some info soon.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2009, 10:27:03 AM »
you da boss, boss :police:

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2009, 10:31:09 AM »
I KNOW what you have is good.Just curious if these are the same or equal in materials and guarantee.Never hurts to check out options.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2009, 10:51:31 AM »
Hmmmmm.........  I prefer buying from someone who is willing to tell me something about the product.  Even after his margins have been squeezed down to nothing.  If I see Yoshi running something and selling it, I don't want to be the guinea pig so I will buy exactly what he is using.  Not a cheaper imitation knockoff.  I don't even want to risk it over a few bucks.

What advertising revenue?LOL!!! This site is about exchange of good info not advertising revenues. SURE ,we want to make a few bucks ,at least enough to pay for the site per year ,but profit is not the motive for us being here. Learning all we can is tho.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2009, 10:53:17 AM »
I KNOW what you have is good.Just curious if these are the same or equal in materials and guarantee.Never hurts to check out options.

Agreed.  Doesn't hurt to look around....  You buy the cheap one and let us know how it works.......  I am getting Yoshi's.  I am supporting him so he will stay around, and I can suck all sorts of information and experience out of him for my upcoming build.  ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal