Author Topic: street legal bike powered sandrail  (Read 6844 times)

2088bob

street legal bike powered sandrail
« on: February 22, 2011, 07:57:03 AM »

this is my current street legal ride    but i have a hankering for a really quick little single seat bike powered machine which i would make street legal   i have a chance at a reasonably priced busa wreck

i like the look of the short sands cars rigs  and also the barracuda from the edge   it would be killer with a busa mill fully intend to use a differential box with reverser   maybe a quaife  or the one from short sandcars

i know get a bike   i have a street bike a buell  but i want a single seat street legal buggy

anybody got a bike powered buggy on the street
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:02:29 AM by 2088bob »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: street legal bike powered sandrail
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 08:20:30 AM »
[quote ]

this is my current street legal ride    but i have a hankering for a really quick little single seat bike powered machine which i would make street legal   i have a chance at a reasonably priced busa wreck

i like the look of the short sands cars rigs  and also the barracuda from the edge   it would be killer with a busa mill fully intend to use a differential box with reverser   maybe a quaife  or the one from short sandcars

i know get a bike   i have a street bike a buell  but i want a single seat street legal buggy

anybody got a bike powered buggy on the street
[/quote]

Don't be too quick to do that.................
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:22:19 AM by masterfabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

2088bob

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 08:39:03 AM »
have not done all the research yet as to what diff box to use i thought i saw one some where that bolted right to busa output shaft

why whats wrong with short sandcars box    i would prefer direct bolton no chain  but will see whats available    i will have to have brakes out at wheels    and could use the diff box mounted brake rotor for ebrake

Don't be too quick to do that................. ??????
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:40:52 AM by 2088bob »

2088bob

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 03:37:53 PM »
any input on the jeffco reverser diff box   looks like sandbullet has the box that bolts right to the output shaft of the busa motor

SPEC

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 06:39:10 PM »
I'll bet if you talk really nice to Fabr...He could hook you up with a killer coupler from the Busa to a 091 trans...MMMMMMMMM24 foreward gear selections and 6 reverse...

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 07:10:38 PM »
if your talking about the box gear one designed for them that weighs 200 lbs and won't stay in forward gear or can't even keep oil in it cause it leaks out every seal then don't waist your time!  the jeffco is ok but they still can't seem to get there stories straight or tell anyone what it can handle other than well this guy did this on a dyno!!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

trans man

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 07:34:53 PM »
I'll bet if you talk really nice to Fabr...He could hook you up with a killer coupler from the Busa to a 091 trans...MMMMMMMMM24 foreward gear selections and 6 reverse...
And I know a guy that WILL get you a quality built 091 transaxle too. 8) 8) 8)

SPEC

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 07:47:28 PM »
OH?
Whoze that...... rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Ya know it's coming...... drowning drowning drowning drowning drowning drowning drowning drowning drowning drowning drowning

:n :m 5: :swig:

gg: ff:

DON'S BUS BOX :j :c :a ff: :m gg:

BBBBWWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA.....COUPH.....COUPH

trans man

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 07:56:49 PM »
Yea, I got one of Don's POS built 091 transaxles on my bench, in pieces right now.

Want a F#CKING CROOK!!! kick :slp :c

It only needed another $1600 in parts to be built right. nono
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:59:55 PM by trans man »

SPEC

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 08:02:46 PM »
GAWD
I hope Fabrs holds up...
or Don will have a crazy redneck on his ass...
 ;D

trans man

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 08:08:32 PM »
I'm waiting for my customer's permission, before me and DS post all the pics on the internet. :-X :-X :-X

trans man

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 08:10:05 PM »
GAWD
I hope Fabrs holds up...
or Don will have a crazy redneck on his ass...
 ;D
That's for sure. 8) 8) 8)

After seeing the build on this one, I don't know! ??? ??? ???

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 08:39:49 PM »
Ya,that's right,rub it in! You guys don't really want me getting started on Dons crap. I understand he's NOT soda blasting them now like he claims either. Is that the case?  I'm working on the rear engine version of the 091/busa coupler now. I really like the mid engine setup but many want rear engine sooooo.............it's on the way.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:42:25 PM by masterfabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 10:56:22 PM »
Ya,that's right,rub it in! You guys don't really want me getting started on Dons crap. I understand he's NOT soda blasting them now like he claims either. Is that the case?  I'm working on the rear engine version of the 091/busa coupler now. I really like the mid engine setup but many want rear engine sooooo.............it's on the way.

good to hear cause I might have a test dummy for it!  ;D
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

2088bob

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 03:15:22 AM »
What are you guys talking about i don't want any kind of vw trans i want a diff for a motorcycle     powered car   

trans man i understand you build trannys   but the shipping cost to and from USA  is enough to pay for a new rhino case  i have a guy in michigan that does my trannys for me   at least that way i can deliver and pick up myself and not get screwed over at border with brokerage fees

round trip for a t1 trans  lets say to rancho costs 300 bucks way too much for shipping that money can all be put toward trans
the guy i uses is well respected in the silver lakes region

but that still gives me no input on a diff for a M/C powered car  rear brakes is going to be an  issue a well  there has to be 2 and they need to be at the wheels  to meet DOT here in ontario    my just use a diff and fook the reverser

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal