Author Topic: new toy untill my piranha is finnished  (Read 3485 times)

Offline ace

• "project storage expert"
  • Grunt worker
Re: new toy untill my piranha is finnished
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 09:17:26 PM »
:O

SPEC

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 07:40:06 AM »
 ;D

Offline ace

• Grunt worker
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 07:35:43 PM »
Ok guys well got her running, found that the previous owner had left the fuel pump pulse line open..plugged her up, checked the fluid, cleaned the pine needles out of the tank, and she fired right up! Had toplay with the idle and air screw to idle good. Also replaces the throttle cable, slight problem there it's just a tad short, keeps the slide from returning to idle, I mean like less then 1/32 of an inch but there's no more adjustment might have to file down the thumb throttle stop in the steering wheel a tad. It's an aftermarket mikuni vm34 seems to run well a tad rich from what I could tell, also got the brakes bled, no leaks, adjusted the front brake shoes, found that every nut and bolt was hand tight,? What was this guy thinking advertising it as "completely rebuilt and ready to go". He had never ran the thing after taking it apart and "rebuilding" it. I don't think he went into the trans or engine, there is no evidence of it being taken apart. Now I need shifter cables, and a way to try and get the j arms ball joints rebuilt, I know that's a far cry from easy, I heard that ATV racing does it? Almost ready for a test run :)

trans man

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 06:40:33 PM »
How did your test run go for you? Was everything good to go? ??? ??? ???

Offline ace

• Grunt worker
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 02:34:26 PM »
Haven't had a test run yet, sent the arms to atv racing to get the ball joints replaced. They are due back this week, also I got new shifter cables and new u joints. Looks like I'll have to get "another new toy" until my odyssey is done! drowning ha ha..

SPEC

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 06:01:57 PM »
 gg: ff: gg:

Offline ace

• Grunt worker
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 10:15:44 PM »
heres an update, new fenders form aftershock, side panels, roof and nerfs from RLM motorsports, new harness, lights, shifter and cables, repalced missing skid plates.
new tie rods from aftershock, rebuilt j-arms from atv racing, new u-joints, rebuilt rear caliper, awaiting comet drive and driven clutch, also aftershock long travel front and front/rear works shocks. also lead extentions for my quad read out digatron, and a way to mount it "somewhere". also replacing the spun tank with the original set up, just waiting for it to get here. runs well, clutches not working right the preivious owner decided to paint "evreything" including the clutches. here are some pictures..
joe..

SPEC

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 05:03:52 AM »
 ;D
That should keep ya grinning til the other is finished

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 05:59:30 AM »
Looks GREAT!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

trans man

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 06:59:36 PM »
NICE RIDE. 8) 8) 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal