Author Topic: Buggy Insurance  (Read 7891 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Buggy Insurance
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2010, 04:51:55 PM »
I know that's who you have but what I've been reading concerns me quite a bit. Who are the people(your friends at LS) insured with that were involved in the fatality at LS last year? They were well taken care of it sounded like.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 05:26:55 PM »
I know that's who you have but what I've been reading concerns me quite a bit. Who are the people(your friends at LS) insured with that were involved in the fatality at LS last year? They were well taken care of it sounded like.

Don't know who had there insurance.  I'll have to ask next time we are down there.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2010, 05:27:54 PM »

Give me a webb site to go read.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 06:05:20 PM »
Been looking at stuff all afternoon. Everything from good to bad and most of it contradictory. WTH knows what's right.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2010, 02:56:12 PM »
I found this company through Sand Sports Mag. Going to give them a call or email.
http://stclairinsurance.com

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2010, 05:57:38 PM »
I found this company through Sand Sports Mag. Going to give them a call or email.
http://stclairinsurance.com

An agent writing foremost.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2010, 06:25:31 PM »
Yummi,got any insight for me? PM if you wish.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 07:46:31 PM »
An agent writing foremost.
Ya I had to go to there site to see what they will give me for a quote. Not shure if there is an agent in my area that carries foremost ins.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 08:18:29 PM »
Yummi,got any insight for me? PM if you wish.

Yes - lots and lots.  Most folks like to bitch because that's what they do.  Insurance companies are very easy targets.  Dealing with peoples expectations and what they perceive to be "their money" is at best a challenging game.  Example, guy starts to bitch somewhere, I offer to help, next thing you know there are lots of  - "oh yeas" so what he posted was not really the skinny.  Close but not quite.

So, before you believe the horror stories - Always ask the question - was it properly insured?   

If so, and it is a true gripe on value, that is easy to resolve.  If it is something else - then it is a bit tougher to resolve.  But 100% gaurenteed there is no resolution, good or bad, without a policy to begin with. 

Buy the policy, hope you never have to make a claim, but if you do I will gladly walk you through it to ensure you are as satisfied as we can get you.  And in the event you are not satisfied at least you will understand why. 

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 08:27:08 PM »
How does a person define properly insured? How do you KNOW you are?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 08:42:18 PM »
Well, the way you know you are is to read the policy and not just belive what an agent tells you.  That is the hardest thing to overcome. 

Agents oversell stuff - tell folks what they want to hear to make the sale.  Most agents never read a policy and even if you explain it to them they dont want to hear about it.  They are only concerned with sales - not claims.  They only give a rats ass about a claim when they get a complaint.  Rest the time they want them paid low to protect their "loss ratio" which results in a bigger bonus.  Carriers care about the contract and most claims folks want it settled fairly - what ever the price is - just as long as they can close a file. 

You have to work within the confines of the system for personal lines.  On personal lines, get the comp, get the collision, get a UMPD and UMBI just like any auto policy.  The GL limits should be whatever you want the UMBI (Un / Under insured Bodily Injury) to be.  The goal on off road is to insure you and your shit against the guy that has no insurance. 

We go from there. 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2010, 09:05:53 PM »
Well, the way you know you are is to read the policy and not just belive what an agent tells you.  That is the hardest thing to overcome.

Agents oversell stuff - tell folks what they want to hear to make the sale.  Most agents never read a policy and even if you explain it to them they dont want to hear about it.  They are only concerned with sales - not claims.  They only give a rats ass about a claim when they get a complaint.  Rest the time they want them paid low to protect their "loss ratio" which results in a bigger bonus.  Carriers care about the contract and most claims folks want it settled fairly - what ever the price is - just as long as they can close a file. 

You have to work within the confines of the system for personal lines.  On personal lines, get the comp, get the collision, get a UMPD and UMBI just like any auto policy.  The GL limits should be whatever you want the UMBI (Un / Under insured Bodily Injury) to be.  The goal on off road is to insure you and your shit against the guy that has no insurance. 

We go from there. 

How well I now know that.  :'(
I had always heard that.
Help me out on that. I'm a bit dense tonite.(There's another for ys boost. rofl)
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 09:32:53 PM »
OK, on an auto policy or Homeowners policy there is the General Liability side.  Lets focus on cars.  The GL side is what pays claims made aginst you when you run into shit.  That is the limits refered to as 100/300 50/100 what have you.  The limts are max and per claimant.  So, say you hit a school bus full of kids - 300k max to resolve them all.   

Now, most policies have a un insured / under insured limits as well.  That may not apply in no fault states.  But, most states it does.  So, say the guy that hits you has no insurance and you are hurt - you can collect from that portion of your policy.  Effectivly you are paying his premium with the UMBI portion of the policy. 

Again, on off road stuff, worry about the UMBI limits - that will cover you if some guy hits you and you are hurt.  If you crash (solo car) and are hurt the med pay limits come into play - well, unless we discuss the phantom driver.  Most states will not let you insure your theoretical claims against your own injuries higher than your theoretical claims of the public - hence the GL limits for off road should be whatever you want the UMBI limit to be. 

I carry 250/500 on the UMBI for the buggy, and by default I carry 250/300 for the GL side of the buggy.  If a guy hits me, and I am hurt. and he is uninsured (most are in the off road world), the most I can collect from my own policy would be 250 for me, 250 for the passenger.  BTW, 250 is a hell of a wallop, (you would be hurt pretty bad) but it adds up quickly in that event.     

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 09:52:43 PM »
Cool,thanks for the info. BTW what does the acronym UMBI actually stand for?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2010, 09:57:31 PM »

We go from there.

;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal