Author Topic: Not letting cancer keep me down...  (Read 10712 times)

boltz2012

Re: Not letting cancer keep me down...
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 09:53:13 AM »
Yes thats the honda tranny i have mounted up already. Dont have the bell housing cut off yet but i am gonna get to that. It doesnt have to be mounted like it is on a car. Meaning as heavy cuz it has no force applied to it. And yep..those axles will slide right in cus i cut the front hubs off a donor car and trimmed them down. Then cut the old units out of the swing arms and welded these in its place, So all should be good. The wheels are off a yamaha blaster. They have the same bolt pattern just smaller studs. I decided to drill the holes on the rim a hair bigger because i wanted to keep the beefier studs. I think it will work great. It will just give me a shiftable rear end is all. I can change the gear ratio at the wheels.But the big bono of it is ill have reverse and a differential.

boltz2012

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009, 09:57:05 AM »
I had to lower the tranny because i didnt like the angle the cvs were at. I want them to have very little angle at ride hight. Im kinda stoked about getting it going and putting it to the test. I want to see if the tranny will hold up cuz if it does it will be a cheap alternative to buying something like an RPM box. Not to knock them or anything as im sure they a great...i just dont have that kinda money.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2009, 10:17:46 AM »
You bet. I will meffinatly try to be there.

He is 14.

And bug...thats funny. Ill join up...ive been known to strum a few chords in my time.
If you aren't ready/can't make it to the fall get together let me know when you can make it and I'll make it a point to be there then also.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

boltz2012

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2009, 10:22:15 AM »
hell yeah. im gonna do my bet to be there when everyone can make it. It would be a blast.

boltz2012

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2009, 10:23:13 AM »
kinda nervouse bout my buggy being under the scutiny of the all seeing eyes of you guys though. lol :police:

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2009, 10:34:52 AM »
LOL!! Don't worry about a thing!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Admin

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2009, 10:40:29 AM »
We only scrutinize safety... ;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2009, 11:14:45 AM »
Don't want the wheels falling off ya know!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2009, 12:16:42 PM »
I'm really liking the tranny idea.  Hoping it will work out. 

Bug, you should already be fishing for stripers at Lanier.  This ant Mich, these fish have already come off bed.  Secret bass lake(no tresspass) been killin them
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

boltz2012

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2009, 12:19:34 PM »
yeah that wouldnt be good....ive tried to build the frame so that every aspect of a roll over would be as safe as i could make it. I look at roll overs like this. I know how i drive. Therefore i know its gonna happen. Just a matter of when. Im making my buggy as safe going down the road on the roof as it would be on the wheels. or at laest in my opinion. I know my boy will trolly roller over to. Like the silver colored bars on the sides. They ride about 3 inches away from deaed center of the side of the helmet. This way if it rolls the bar will be between the helmet and the ground. At first it prolly wont have nets on the sides...but i plan on getting them that will cover that whole area. Meaning the sopt you crawl into that starts about three inches before the steering wheel and goes all the way back to the silve bar. I figure if all that is net then there is nowhere for our arms from coming out. Im gonna skin the top with sheetmetal so im not worried about there either. What do you guys think? Sure the helmet may bump the bar ever now and then when riding on rough stuff but i think its a price worth paying. And if not ill chop it off and net the whole side.:)

boltz2012

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2009, 12:21:35 PM »
Hey Carl....did you ever get yours all the way done? If so post up a pic here so i can see that sucka...and im glad you moved the fuel tank...you did move it right?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2009, 12:54:51 PM »
yeah that wouldnt be good....ive tried to build the frame so that every aspect of a roll over would be as safe as i could make it. I look at roll overs like this. I know how i drive. Therefore i know its gonna happen. Just a matter of when. Im making my buggy as safe going down the road on the roof as it would be on the wheels. or at laest in my opinion. I know my boy will trolly roller over to. Like the silver colored bars on the sides. They ride about 3 inches away from deaed center of the side of the helmet. This way if it rolls the bar will be between the helmet and the ground. At first it prolly wont have nets on the sides...but i plan on getting them that will cover that whole area. Meaning the sopt you crawl into that starts about three inches before the steering wheel and goes all the way back to the silve bar. I figure if all that is net then there is nowhere for our arms from coming out. Im gonna skin the top with sheetmetal so im not worried about there either. What do you guys think? Sure the helmet may bump the bar ever now and then when riding on rough stuff but i think its a price worth paying. And if not ill chop it off and net the whole side.:)
Take it out.I broke my helmet in a crash when it hit the rollcage.Not needed at best ,at worst it'll get you hurt.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

artie on edge

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2009, 06:39:38 PM »
Take it out.I broke my helmet in a crash when it hit the rollcage.Not needed at best ,at worst it'll get you hurt.

Head THAT hard shouldnt need a crash helmet.......  8)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2009, 08:40:23 PM »
Head THAT hard shouldnt need a crash helmet.......  8)
Wasn't worried about the head,it's the broken helmet that pisses me off!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2009, 03:59:33 AM »
Yeah well how much was the helmet? You don't want to wreck too mant of them!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:04:44 AM by Reidy02 »
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal