Author Topic: Not letting cancer keep me down...  (Read 10715 times)

boltz2012

Not letting cancer keep me down...
« on: May 02, 2009, 11:15:33 AM »
OK, i know it has been a long time since i have been here and i have missed all of you. In December i was outside in the shop tinkering with some ideas and i got sick to my stomach. Everything got fuzzy and my chest and shoulder had sharp pain in it. Next thing i know I'm in an ambulance on my way to the hospital. I hear the medics talking about my pulse being very faint and weak. There is blood all over my shirt that i haven't a clue where it came from. When we arrive at the ER they tell me Ive had a heart attack. I ask about the blood and they tell me they are running some test because i have some funny looking spots in the back of my mouth. 2 days later they tell me i have lung and throat cancer. That at best i have a year to 18 months to live if i don't take treatments. It was a pretty low blow. My grandfather died last year from the same things. I watched him die and ill be damned if I'm gonna go through all that shit. If its time then I'm going out doing what i love. Smoking, fxxking, and Going Fast. And not in that particular order either. So I'm gonna finish what i started. I'm gonna finish this buggy for my youngest boy if its the last thing i do. So I'm back for now but don't know for how long. Later....
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 11:21:36 AM by Boltz2012 »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Not letting cancer keep me down...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 12:29:55 PM »
Really reallu sorrry to hear that but I admire your spirit! Good luck and I dearly hope you can give your boy a real momento to cherish!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »
Dude that way FOOKIN SUCKS
I missed ya
I was wondering what happened to you
I'm sorta at a loss for words...I send you all my best 8)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 12:44:24 PM »
You are in my thoughts. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

boltz2012

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 12:57:08 PM »
Thanx everyone.. im not gonna let it keep me down. But ive also made the clinical decision that im not gonna go through all the rad treatments either. I watched it kill my graandpa and im not going out like that for a few extra months. Im gonna keep doing what  im doing..Of course ill keep getting it looked at and the doctors will keep counting down my days on this planet but you know what...im not scared. Kinda like that old country song..live like you are dying. And that is what i plan on doing. So if you would ive posted a question about axles and i would like to know what you guys think.. Again thanx for your thought and prayers

boltz2012

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 01:03:53 PM »
i have given my boy something to cherish. He is gonna be a good man and a great father. My old man used to beat the hell outta me and i broke that cycle with him. Violence isnt the answer with our kids. I wish i could be half the man he is gonna be.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 01:06:37 PM »
I wish i could be half the man he is gonna be.

You already are.

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

boltz2012

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 01:10:16 PM »
Thank you Yummi. Now answer my axle question.

SPEC

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 01:14:09 PM »
Already did...
Normally I'd make you wait....
But under the circumstances ;D

boltz2012

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 01:22:31 PM »
I knew you wouldnt hold out on me...sure is good to be back. This being sick crap sucks. But im feeling alot better now so who knows..I got the tranny brackets tacked into place and am gonna make the axles longer then bolt up the swing arms. Remember im gonna use a honda tranny instead of an RPM box. That way i get a diff and reverse... :) yes im still stuck on the idea that i can make it work so im just gonna go for it.

Admin

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 02:35:48 PM »
Sorry to hear that bolt, You should seek a second opinion, rad and chemo saves a lot of people to...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 04:25:43 PM »
Noshit.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

boltz2012

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 06:00:18 PM »
I have ive given it alot of thought to. Im gonna stick by my guns. I watched my dad fight heart disease for 10 years and live miserable..Then watched my grandpa fight cancer for 3 years and live miserable. Not gonna do it. What i am dealing with there are only about 10% of the people who have it that actually get into remission from chemo. Im just gonna bide my time. Put it in the mans hands and if its meant to be then so be it. Ive lived a good life and i can honestly look back and say there is nothing ive ever wanted to do that i didnt. Ive built and drove dragsters, boats, jet skis, jumped out of planes at 35000 feet, swam with sharks, loved several women and am with my soul mate now. Made lots of money, and been broke as hell. Everything but build this damn buggy. So you know what?...Thats what im gonna do next. Build something for my boy to enjoy for years to come. Its just the way its gonna be fellas. My ole lady has her mind made up that when im to sick to know who i am she will put me in the hospital and do what she wants. By then i wont really care. Its kinda like this...my old man and my grandpas dying words were that if they knew then what they knew at the time they both wouldve just let life take its course. Ive got to much pride to live several years like they did. I dont want my boy seeing me that way. Not trying to get anyone here to support me in my decision but maybe understand a little more about why ive made it. Thank you all for being my friend and for helping me stay insprired to build this thing that we all enjoy. Nothing makes us feel better then to ride down the trail past a bunch of guys on four wheelers and have them ask who built this beast of a machine we are riding and for us to answer.."i did"...So as a fella once said,...Let's "Git-R-Done"!!

Admin

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 06:08:52 PM »
Bolt, I lost my dad 4 yrs ago, and I have always told the ol lady the same thing, Id never do it, Id let nature run its course, In that 4 yrs I have seen some other miraculous people survive, I have had several second thoughts, And I have since had 2 children.. Thoughts are with you regardless..  "Git R Done"

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 06:10:17 PM »
I wont try to change your mind on your course of treatment, that is an intensely personal issue. 

I can however respect / support your decision although it may differ from mine if faced with the same challenge. 

So, what do you say we put that conversation aside? 

Instead lets focus on getting your buggy done.  What is that you need?  What would help the most to ensure that goal is reached? 

I know that many folks here would support that in whatever fashion they could, but we do need to know the starting point and what needs to be done to get you to the finish line.   I would think if we all pulled together it might make it a bit quicker/ faster build so you can enjoy it for a bit. 

Let us know how to help?

Course, it will require a DTSFab.com flag........   ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal