Author Topic: Seat Mounts  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
Seat Mounts
« on: March 18, 2009, 08:17:27 PM »
I was just noticing Grim's adjustable seat mounts, and it made me wonder how everyone feels about adjustable mounts with a 5-point harness.  Does it work well?

Another question I have is in drag car's you have to brace the rear of the seat, which makes it nonadjustable.  I assume this was for the potential seat belt loads.  I bought some new seats and I thought the instructions mentioned bracing them, but there is no attachment point, and all upholstered in the back, so it would be difficult to bolt it, but you could put a bar that it would hit against if it started to bend back.

Thoughts?

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
Re: Seat Mounts
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 10:03:37 PM »
I bought a kirkey and it came with zero mount holes. I liked that as I could do it up anyway I wanted. Ill post pics when I dig through them. I used button head 3/8" bolts and with the cover you cant even see or feel them.

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 10:25:07 PM »
Here are my plates. My adjustmens involve bolting and unbolting. I dont like the sliders in Off road. becides I have it set where I likeit and thats all that matters! I have yet to make the bracket behind the seat but I will make that adjustable aswell.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 06:52:15 AM »
NHRA rule book calls for 4 bolts in the bottom and 1 bolt in the back into crossmember. I do 4 in the bottom .NHRA doesn't rule me anymore. ;D Slider adjusters just get screwed up in the sand/dirt.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 10:18:43 PM »
Ya I'm going through all this pain in the ass shit. I'm installing a 10 point rollcage in my 91 mustang and the back of the seat must be mounted to rollcage. Not only that whats up with this bull the 5 point harness expires in so many years? Hey doug where did you get the kirky seat? I'm in a need for one. What is the angle of the seat you installed?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:20:58 PM by Wyattboche »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 05:51:23 AM »
Ya I'm going through all this pain in the ass shit. I'm installing a 10 point rollcage in my 91 mustang and the back of the seat must be mounted to rollcage. Not only that whats up with this bull the 5 point harness expires in so many years? Hey doug where did you get the kirky seat? I'm in a need for one. What is the angle of the seat you installed?
it's called sponsor support. ::) seriously!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 08:21:21 PM »
LMAO I wish I had a sponsor besides me. :(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal