Author Topic: Spider Monkey's New Dash ~n~ Body Work =)  (Read 20314 times)

SPEC

Re: Spider Monkey's New Dash ~n~ Body Work =)
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2010, 06:27:57 AM »
 ;D

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2010, 06:33:45 PM »
Ok, so Im working on the hood right now with not much accomplished because I'm juuust about outa aluminum...On the TO-DO list for Saturday's run... But I have some pics of a few "side-jobs" I did while getting to this point I'm at.

I had to move the reverse shifter..My left knee was taking a serious beating from hitting it in hard right turns where I first had it located, so I built a little mount and stuffed it between the seats. Out of view but easy to access. Sorry about some of the shitty pics, some are from my POS cell phone  thumb down

Designed a new mount for the rev box. Much more accurate than the previous location that was fixed to the frame. It worked good, but this way I don't have to worry out the linkage being out of adjustment every time a large chain adjustment is made... bonus.  ;D

The raw drive-shafts were starting to look nasty from all the rain storms the car has been through, sooooo I got bored at work  eyes  and decided to try some auto body "brew"  on them and see how they hold up.. I get the color I want, they look kinda purdy, and I LOVE to guinea-pig chemical products  ;D

So far so good, although the trip was cut short... wrong forum  wrong forum  But they have withstood many high-speed gravel runs. The blue anodizing on the Fox 2.5 was gone the very first day in the dunes.... Hmm
I will report more after I punish them some more..

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2010, 07:44:27 PM »
Nice! What did you use on the axles?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2010, 09:46:36 PM »
Very nice!

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2010, 10:23:06 PM »
Nice! What did you use on the axles?

Started with a very wicked (fresh air respirator required wicked)  metal wash we use for raw metal/E-coat preparation and cleaning. A couple coats of flexed epoxy, 5 coats of an activated aluminum base, and a few coats of a new clearcoat from Glasurit I finally got my greedy hands on (flex additive introduced here as well) Force dried at 275 for 2 hours. Basically encased the shafts in a shiny silver rubber ball!  rofl

Got all the debris bouncing off of it now!

If this holds out I will put the formula and #'s together for ya. I have a good feeling it will!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2010, 10:26:15 PM »
Very nice!

Thanks Eng! (The BF says thanks too...  rofl This site is full of smart-ass fuggers!)

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2010, 07:40:17 AM »
Thanks Eng! (The BF says thanks too...  rofl This site is full of smart-ass fuggers!)

;D ;D ;D

So you do E-coat at work?  Shiny black that adds very little in dimension?  Do you do customer parts?  I need some of that done from time to time and my current supplier is getting hard to work with.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2010, 07:40:42 PM »
 gg: gg: You close up shop for winter? 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2010, 08:46:31 PM »
gg: gg: You close up shop for winter?

Nah, the holidays, work, and a quick vacation on the beaches of Maui has kept me busy the last few weeks  ;) Gunna get back on it when the snow starts flying this weekend.  thumb down Snow sucks ass. Hopefully I should get the light pockets roughed out by sunday

Sorry I missed your post Eng! We dont mess with the application of it at work anymore. Just part of a process I use in topcoat application to shorten up prep times

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2011, 06:46:08 PM »
That is a trick buggy! Do you stick to the dunes mostly? Just wondering how well it stops without front brakes. I had a rail that was scary as hell without the front brakes, but it was VW and much heavier. Who makes the chassis? I really dig that design!
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2011, 01:05:35 PM »
D and S racing. He goes by DSrace on DTSfab. www.dandsracing.com.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2011, 07:53:09 PM »
And he's got 1 for sell too. ;D
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline ace

• "project storage expert"
  • Grunt worker
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2011, 10:24:42 PM »
Nah, the holidays, work, and a quick vacation on the beaches of Maui has kept me busy the last few weeks  ;) Gunna get back on it when the snow starts flying this weekend.  thumb down Snow sucks ass. Hopefully I should get the light pockets roughed out by sunday

Sorry I missed your post Eng! We dont mess with the application of it at work anymore. Just part of a process I use in topcoat application to shorten
up prep times

You should have pm'd me I would have loved to have shown you around Maui! Did you make it to Hana?
Joe

trans man

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2011, 10:39:31 PM »
DS does some damn fine work! ;D ;D ;D

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2011, 04:16:28 AM »
Just looked through the gallery. If I ever win the lottery or get a divorce, they will be my first call.
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal