Author Topic: Adding oil to Fox Airs  (Read 6412 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Adding oil to Fox Airs
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2009, 08:39:57 PM »
I called FOX today, was told my 10" travel shocks should come from the factory with 260cc, and I could add up to 30cc more oil for a total of 290cc. I drained them after work and found they had 280cc, which included the 70cc I had previously added. So they came low from the factory(210cc).  Thanks for the help.

when you have drained the n2 out of the shocks in the past has a small amount of oil shot out too? has this happened a few times? the reason I ask is a little bit of oil to you might actually be more than you think, especially if it has happened a few times or so. this would account for low factory level you spoke of.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2009, 08:43:20 PM »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SCDL Guy

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2009, 07:19:44 AM »
Yes when releasing the N2 a few times a little oil did come out, doubt it was much more than a cc. I took a close look at my shocks the other day and noticed that the bearing caps were a little marred like someone had been into them prior to me getting the buggy, so possible they weren't brand new.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal