Author Topic: OUT WITH THE OLD VW. IN WITH THE SUBARU  (Read 48310 times)

Offline big dave

Re: OUT WITH THE OLD VW. IN WITH THE SUBARU
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2016, 01:42:41 PM »
just an example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T3-T3-Stainless-steel-304-TURBO-MANIFOLD-ADAPTER-38MM-WASTEGATE-FLANGE-OUTLE-/252383321270
it still uses the stock flange. I would need to weld on the t4 flange. the plan is to get it running. then start to play with the tune ,turbo and waste gate. I have all the stuff to put the t3/t4 on it. turbo, flange, waste gate, my CB proformanice ecu and injectors from the 2332Vw motor.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2016, 02:00:11 PM »
sounds like you have a plan.......just a thought is all
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2016, 02:07:03 PM »
for the 2.3 i am building i wanted a ss manifold with the collector in stock location to re use the 3 bolt turbo support bracket ford built. i like the idea of supporting the turbo from below to ease the hit to the manifold. now no one offers a ss manifold with collector in stock location with an external wg port so i bought one like i posted but made out of ss so rather than bolt it on i am going to tig it on so no gasket needed lol the turbonectics stage 3 turbo i have has no internal wg and that is fine as i plan on 30 to 35 psi boost anyways with 120 lb to 135 lb inj's on e85.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2016, 06:58:55 AM »
for the 2.3 i am building i wanted a ss manifold with the collector in stock location to re use the 3 bolt turbo support bracket ford built. i like the idea of supporting the turbo from below to ease the hit to the manifold. now no one offers a ss manifold with collector in stock location with an external wg port so i bought one like i posted but made out of ss so rather than bolt it on i am going to tig it on so no gasket needed lol the turbonectics stage 3 turbo i have has no internal wg and that is fine as i plan on 30 to 35 psi boost anyways with 120 lb to 135 lb inj's on e85.

jj: 3:

That's going to be bbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddda$$$

I mite have to turn up the wick on my subi to stay behind you now Brian. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2016, 10:09:44 AM »
no no no no don't turn yours up cause then i'll have to bore and stroke mine to a 3.0 !  rofl  i am turning it up just so you can't pass me anymore on the south side  LMAO LMAO however i know with a better ported head it can handle  45 psi ......for how long?????? but it can take it atleast three times or atleast bo's did  lol lol it was the stock rods that let go in his lol

Offline big dave

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2016, 02:19:20 PM »
Let me find the pictures.
you have any luck find pics of the intercool? Always looking for parts / ideas.

Offline big dave

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2016, 06:43:54 AM »
the weekends work. new ECU, fuse, and relay box. altered the cage to clear turbo. left room to put on bigger turbo if needed. thanking about adding bars to the back on the side of the car. what do you guys thank?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 06:46:35 AM by big dave »

Offline big dave

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2016, 06:50:42 AM »
Oh and mounted the remount oil filter. Dam I need to find a inter cooler.  The motor just don't look right with out one. lol.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 06:52:22 AM by big dave »

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2016, 07:41:32 AM »
Where would you add bars?  I could see a camberg clamp set up between the cross bars midpoint over the motor before the top cage for flex reasons, but where else could / would you put them?
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2016, 07:43:18 AM »
What is you plan for the intercooler since the radiator would be blowing hot air directly in to it with your current setup? I know Outfront told me to put a fan on mine to additional draw air across it. You could possibly mount it backwards with a fan. I have also seen side scoops to feed fresh air too. A buddy of mine did this  on a customers car....
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline big dave

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2016, 08:14:22 AM »
just taking measurement's of my buddy's car. The scoop intake will be above the radiator. may need to add a deflector to direct the air down a little from the radiator. but with that being said, I do like the looks of this set up.  I'm sure your buddy made the scoops. but I thank, I have seen some nice fiberglass ones out there.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:32:41 AM by big dave »

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2016, 12:37:22 PM »
just taking measurement's of my buddy's car. The scoop intake will be above the radiator. may need to add a deflector to direct the air down a little from the radiator. but with that being said, I do like the looks of this set up.  I'm sure your buddy made the scoops. but I thank, I have seen some nice fiberglass ones out there.

Sorry for the hold up on the pictures I'll get them on here this after noon for sure.  Just been swamped trying to get ready for Idaho and lots of new work at the shop. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline big dave

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2016, 01:29:33 PM »
Where would you add bars?  I could see a camberg clamp set up between the cross bars midpoint over the motor before the top cage for flex reasons, but where else could / would you put them?
looking at img. 1701. I have tacked in a bars coming down the side, following the  body line from the front of car.  this adds a boxed area right in front of the bar. my thought is, will it help, to tie it into the upper cage, coming down the back of the car? i thank this is the same area your saying to x.

Offline big dave

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2016, 01:32:57 PM »
Sorry for the hold up on the pictures I'll get them on here this after noon for sure.  Just been swamped trying to get ready for Idaho and lots of new work at the shop.
Fast, as I like to say. sometimes life gets in the way of play. Take your time. If its meant to happen it will. thanks  ;D ;D ;D

Offline big dave

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2016, 01:39:31 PM »
yummy something like this??? the only problem I can see is it my interfere with a intercooler setup.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:42:11 PM by big dave »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal