Author Topic: trailing arm help!!  (Read 1548 times)

Stomper

trailing arm help!!
« on: December 26, 2009, 05:44:29 PM »
I just picked up a 95 polaris xcr 600 for my power plant. I am wanting to use a honda tranny, which I have also. The one thing that I over looked though is that I was planning to have double a arms on the back, but with the shape of the tranny I don't think I can. Trailing arms will work, but I don't know anything about them. are they hard to figure out. I have type 4 cv's that I will be using. Will they have enough plunge for trailing arms. I read some where that if you use traling arms there will be a certain amount of plunge. how do I know how much plunge I will have.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Re: trailing arm help!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 07:07:19 PM »
You can still use A-arms with the Honda car tranny but it would be a good bit wider than say a Barracuda rear narrow section.

To get the plunge you need to do a mock up and measure the distances the CV moves in and out at max travel to straight out from the center be it a spool or an RPM or a Honda tranny.

Then you need to mock up the arms and see what you can let them moveup and down while allowing the CV's to stay IN thier cages.

Plunge amount or max degrees will determine rear suspension travel.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal