Author Topic: October Sand In Your Beerfest /Camp Group Reservation  (Read 37561 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
October Sand In Your Beerfest /Camp Group Reservation
« on: July 22, 2009, 01:24:52 PM »
 DUe to some fubar I need to repost this info from Fastcorvairs and a couple other posts ::)

Quote,fastcorvairs, "OK guys here is the deal.

I and master have had a brain fart and want to run and idea across you people that are planing on the October trip to LS.  I have talked to the lady and gent that run the Deuces Wild camp ground.  That is the camping park that is just south of the city park and just north of the road that goes to the Cowboy camp ground. You can walk to the grocery's store and Jimmy's sand store form there. You use the sand highway that runs parallel to the Cowboy camp ground road to get to the dunes. I can work a deal on a group rate and or at the lest can get us a discount per slot at the camp site.  These are pretty nice pull Thur with full hook up slots.  I can get my 72 feet of rig in the center slots with no problem and there is a real nice grassy spot for the people that are pitching tents. Did i mention full sewer water electric and lots of shade trees. Lots of room for a 18 wheeler.  The camp ground owner drives a tractor trailer and parks it there to. See attached pictures from last week end.  Let me and Master know how many for sure are coming down and I will get back with the camp site pep's.  It would put all of us in one spot and I believe would be far less then the cost of a spot at cowboy or the south lot.  We need to start a list some where.  Like we did for the flags.  It would be kewl as hell to have every one in one spot don't ya know. "

Go online to Deuces Wild camp ground Waynoka Okc. for information on the camp ground.

Link
http://www.deuceswildcampground.com/location.html
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: October Sand In Your Beerfest /Camp Group Reservation
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 01:44:05 PM »
We're starting a list of those interested in reserving a site. Fast ,when do you think would be the latest we could do the reservation and be safe at getting enough spots?

So for now the list is:

Fastcorvairs----1 Pull Thru 50 amp?
masterfabr------1 Pull Thru 50 amp
Dunebound/dsrace----1 Pull Thru 50 amp

Anyone else. Let me know.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:38:45 PM by Masterfabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 01:49:05 PM »
when do you think would be the latest we could do the reservation and be safe at getting enough spots

I would think we will be OK up until the end of August.

I will know by the end of today what kind of $$$$$$$ we are talking about.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 01:53:24 PM »
Dune I believe all the pull thru sites are 50 amp. Fast?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 01:58:58 PM »
Dune I believe all the pull thru sites are 50 amp. Fast?

That would be right.  50 amp service on all the pull thru's. All the center pull thru's are full service.  All the ones along the west tree line are shaded in the afternoon and 30 amp service.  The full price of a full service is $25.00 per night.  We will get a discount form that.  Us ones that are going to use the center pull thru's should get them reserved asap.  Lady said that they are about half gone for that week already.  Rest of the park not to full yet. 

edited by me

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 02:04:41 PM »
I think that the people that run this place do take people for rides in there SU car.   Very nice 100.000.00 car. 650HP.  Have heard them talk about it.  I got to tag witn them this last week end.  They told me what chanel to tune to on my car to car. 

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 02:20:01 PM »
Ok here is the deal.  Just got off the phone with the camp host.

All the camper slots will be $20.00 a night. 50 amp and 30 amp.

One large area in the middle at the north end of the where the grass is will fit two camping trailers and three or four tents.  That spot will go for $50.00 a night split between who ever is in it.  I would think that the trailer people would pick up the bulk of it and leave the rest for the tent people. That spot has a 30 amp service and a 50 amp service and water. There is a porta pottie on the campsite but anyone needing to shower will have to go to the shower's at Cowboy.  Or bum a shower off one us that has showers in their trailers. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:22:10 PM by fastcorvairs »

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 02:25:41 PM »
Ok here is the deal.  Just got off the phone with the camp host.

All the camper slots will be $20.00 a night. 50 amp and 30 amp.

One large area in the middle at the north end of the where the grass is will fit two camping trailers and three or four tents.  That spot will go for $50.00 a night split between who ever is in it.  I would think that the trailer people would pick up the bulk of it and leave the rest for the tent people. That spot has a 30 amp service and a 50 amp service and water. There is a porta pottie on the campsite but anyone needing to shower will have to go to the shower's at Cowboy.  Or bum a shower off one us that has showers in their trailers.

I will volunteer my shower as the lady's shower.   ;D ;D

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 05:34:30 PM »
Yeah Ladies dont blow their nose in the shower and leave the long curlies in the drain  ;D

Set that up with a security camera. Dont want them to think they can get away with wasting hot water in there.

Im in for a spot. I wont be taking up much room although I may have another 1 or 2 parties meeting up from my group.

Yes I have a group started. Groupies!

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 05:42:32 PM »
Do I make the reservation withyou or call the host?
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 06:04:24 PM »
Are you sure we can drive our rails straight to the dunes from 24hrs a day? Mapquest makes it look like quite a drive. I just want to make sure there is 24 hr dune access for us without loading/unloading of rigs.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 06:35:35 PM »
Do I make the reservation withyou or call the host?

This site is where you say ya or na if you are going.  When It looks like everyone that is interested in going is signed in here then I'll call and let them know how many of us are coming down and many spots we need.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 06:39:52 PM »
Are you sure we can drive our rails straight to the dunes from 24hrs a day? Mapquest makes it look like quite a drive. I just want to make sure there is 24 hr dune access for us without loading/unloading of rigs.

The sand highway runs by the camp ground.  You can come and go as you please. No loading or unloading of your buggies. There is a nice kiddy track at the south end of the camp that the young ones can run on. Just need to watch out for them when you leave.Go to Google earth and you mite get a better idea how it is laid out. 

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 06:46:37 PM »
Note

This camping area is about a block away from a train track.  Trains run on this track 24 7 every 15 to 20 minuets.    If the wify can't sleep with the whizel blowing then you mite need to bring ear plugs. If in a camper you can't hear them. If in a tent It mite be a different story.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 06:49:56 PM »
We're starting a list of those interested in reserving a site. Fast ,when do you think would be the latest we could do the reservation and be safe at getting enough spots?

So for now the list is:

Fastcorvairs----1 Pull Thru 50 amp?
masterfabr------1 Pull Thru 50 amp
Dunebound/dsrace----1 Pull Thru 50 amp

Anyone else. Let me know.

So Master you want to just keep this list ongoing?  I'll keep and eye on it and order the slots accordingly. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal