Author Topic: 600cc 2 seater Wood buggy build  (Read 31041 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: 600cc 2 seater Wood buggy build
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2008, 07:17:53 PM »
Will suspension set up like this work? This is how mine will be set up if i dont change anything and just mount it to my frame. Oh and sorry dentech but i hijacked your pic.
Will suspension set up like this work? This is how mine will be set up if i dont change anything and just mount it to my frame. Oh and sorry dentech but i hijacked your pic.
Weren't the mounts parallel on the quad? If so yes but I don't think that's how the quad was.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

boltz2012

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2008, 11:30:42 PM »
Yep they were parallel on the quad. So i should be good to go there. Still having trouble with these dang tabs. They all look like crap and my notcher wont notch then and grinding them will take forever. Gonna have to figure out something else. May me getting some from ole Spec after all.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2008, 12:22:00 AM »
For tabs I was actually looking at finding square tube (rectangle actually) of the right width to clear the A-arms pivots and laying it across the chassis. Mark where the frame tubes are and notch it to fit right over the frames main tubes. Then weld it to the tubs nearly all the way around the notch. Then just drill holes for the arms to mount to. The tube going across will help support the frame to. (Yah it adds a lil weight) It could be slotted or drilled for looks and lightening. 
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SPEC

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2008, 05:57:49 AM »
oLE spec was just looking for a bucket of those tabs the other day and dropped the tab stock bar on his foot :'(

SPEC

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2008, 08:21:46 AM »
When I used to make tabs from scratch before I had a plasma cutter I used to use 1 1/2'' X 3/16'' or 1/4'' flat stock measure out the hole spacing...Chuck it up in the drill press cut my 1 1/4'' holes or what ever size the tubing I was working with...Change to the drill size for my mounting holes, drill them ... Then cut 5 or 6 of the strips in the band saw. I would then set the saw at 45* and lop off the corners on the mount end, put them in a vice and soft stone to a nice rounded finish...
 ;D ::) :o ;D 8) ::) :-* :) ;) :D
God am I glad I came up with the bars of tabstock 5:

boltz2012

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2008, 08:31:58 AM »
yeah making them from scratch sucks. Big time!

405dentech

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2008, 10:21:53 AM »
When I first bought my buggy I was making my own tabs also. Time consuming!!!! Finally found a place 5 miles from me that stocks about 50 different styles of them. What do you think about those heavy ass green quad tires SPEC? My brother put the same ones on his kfx 400 and hates em'.

SPEC

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2008, 10:59:42 AM »
When I first bought my buggy I was making my own tabs also. Time consuming!!!! Finally found a place 5 miles from me that stocks about 50 different styles of them. What do you think about those heavy ass green quad tires SPEC? My brother put the same ones on his kfx 400 and hates em'.

I dunno...They have never seen the light of day...i was gonna slap em' on Specinator's buggy but she didn't like the idea :'( Wich equates to you put those horrid effen things on my buggy I'll kick yer ass

405dentech

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2008, 11:15:26 AM »

I dunno...They have never seen the light of day...i was gonna slap em' on Specinator's buggy but she didn't like the idea :'( Wich equates to you put those horrid effen things on my buggy I'll kick yer ass
  :m Their heavy as hell, super stiff, and ride like shit. They do look cool though.

SPEC

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2008, 12:41:23 PM »
We're off topic... sorry..
I had some red ones on my 460 a while back they seemed to hook up well,
But that was oval dirt track racing...They have a fairly short lifespan...and do look cool especially when you do do-nuts in the parking lot and leave red burnouts ::)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2008, 02:52:25 PM »
LOL!!! Red donuts!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

405dentech

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2008, 03:03:34 PM »
My brother was thinking about sending his green ones to skat trac and having them put just the paddle blades on them. Then they would be cool. ;D

405dentech

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2008, 03:05:55 PM »
Hey Boltz did mean to get so far off topic on your thread. I'm sorry but SPEC is the only other person I know that has those crappy things. LOL. Sorry SPEC.

boltz2012

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2008, 10:56:00 PM »
Its all good Dent. I thought they were kinda crazy looking but didnt want to ask cuz i thought maybe he got crazy with some paint while painting his rims. Didnt know the rubber was that color.

SPEC

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2008, 04:17:19 AM »
Ya right down to the cords ;D
Actually I liked the red ones on the flat track... They are heavier than alot of tires cuz they are 4 or 6 ply tires, So they are stiff too...Harder than hell to mount, they have a really heavy bead guard...I'll get some better pix and start the wackey green tire thread ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal