Author Topic: I want it i need it.....its time  (Read 24778 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: I want it i need it.....its time
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2023, 08:19:02 AM »
I needed an appraisal for the big buggy for insuring it. Insurance sent me to the buggy shop. I had known of the business for a long time but never talked to them before. Tim is the owner. He's a bit different but seems OK. I will say that if he likes a person I'm betting he is a good person to deal with but I can also see it going sideways in a hurry if a customer pisses him off justified or not.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2023, 11:24:07 AM »
I have never stopped into the buggy shop. Considered it once on my way down but didn't want to add time to the drive just to see it.  Never met the man, have no personal knowledge of the place other then what I saw with stheir work on a couple sand rails. Heard some rumors over the years but again no personal experience.

Yes, any/every change can/will create a ripple effect through and entire build. I doubt i will have mine running for the next du e trip. Scotts runs and drives. Now has a fuel tank that won't rupture like the last. The eps is installed but not wired yet. I have the controller for it just haven't gotten back too it. Spent 3 days repairing my truck but other then that, I have been extremely mindful of my activities hoping for best case results for the shots In The eyes. I can barely imagine 2 more and have now spoken with people that get them monthy for years now. 

BUT........  I need to know my limits and how to adapt in case this is permanent.  So working on the rail again as it needs to be done. Scotts rail is still fun just not ad fun  :D ;D. Since those compound beds are in the new cradle there is no re using the a arms. Going to try a diff design this go round which will take extra time as well. I feel it will be worth it in the end though.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2023, 01:25:24 PM »
Before I say anything, I need to know why you are asking about Tim Howard?
spill it.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2023, 10:06:17 AM »
Brian N, how are your rails?

On another note, spec called me last Friday. Hadnt heard from him in a very long time. Very sad to hear that he lost his wife. 

Hes still making beef jerky and what not. I asked him to price out 10-1lb bags of mild.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline BrianN

« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2023, 08:16:22 PM »
I haven't done a whole lot on the buggy's. In the process of adding proximity sensors to my turning brakes on the Honda. I need to actually finish a project before starting more. I need the room to finish my Subaru. (Still) But I also just started preparing/researching for installing a blower on the Honda.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2023, 06:42:14 AM »
I haven't done a whole lot on the buggy's. In the process of adding proximity sensors to my turning brakes on the Honda. I need to actually finish a project before starting more. I need the room to finish my Subaru. (Still) But I also just started preparing/researching for installing a blower on the Honda.

a blower  ;D i like where your minds at  :m

i completely understand the need for more room!!

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2023, 08:06:53 AM »
When I was at the Buggy Shop getting an appraisal he had  3 little 4-71 blowers he used/uses on VW engines. About the size of a soccer ball. Cute little things. I'd never seen one before.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2023, 05:13:35 AM »
I have never seen a blower on a vw. That is an interesting thought.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2023, 06:44:01 AM »
I had not either. Even a tiny 4-71 is a big blower for a vw.  I ,out of curiosity,did some reading on it. Seems the 4-71 is rated at something like 120HP capable.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online DeepBusch69

« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2023, 11:58:28 AM »
Had a friend years back that had a blower on his sand rail, but the motor was always overheating.  It looked cool, made good power, but couldn't run long without getting hot

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2023, 01:03:52 PM »
That was/is a common issue with a roots style blower from what I understand. No personal experience .
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online DeepBusch69

« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2023, 01:20:46 PM »
It was melting some of the hoses on the engine once, but he was wanting to sell it.  So we towed him back close to the gate, then he drove it back in.  He didn't want anyone to see him getting towed!   5:   LMAO   :m

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2023, 06:06:39 PM »
It was melting some of the hoses on the engine once, but he was wanting to sell it.  So we towed him back close to the gate, then he drove it back in.  He didn't want anyone to see him getting towed!   5:   LMAO   :m

Not thats damn funny  LMAO LMAO

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2023, 07:25:41 AM »
Got the rest of the motor mounts cut off and ground back. Had to make another cross tube for the trans cradle to support the rear trans mount. Made the front  mounts using 2x3" .25" wall. Left one will have to be rebuilt as I made a miscalculation....... long story there and a boring one.  Cut the new piece when my wife came out and told me the toilet is leaking in the bathroom. The sub floor is soaked, clear through into the basement. No idea how but the 2 piece tank nut has come loose. 3 bolts and one was loose enough it was leaking behind the tank. I just rebuilt that toilet 2 or 3 years ago with parts from menards. Might be buying a 1 piece toilet. That mess killed the rest of my day.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2023, 10:53:26 AM »
Looking good for sure.

I have wanted a tube grinder/polisher. I finally bought one and should be here tomorrow. They are finally affordable. I know nothing about the quality but reviews were favorable.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal