Author Topic: Idaho 2016  (Read 21862 times)

Online DeepBusch69

Re: Idaho 2016
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 02:08:25 PM »
Made my reservations Idaho Duns RV Park. Aug 20 Aug 29 site #30 same place as last year.  The big UTV bash won't happen until after we leave.  Some of them mite roll in on the last two days we are there. Last year I pulled Chock Cherry at 62 MPH with bad injectors and Idaho sand in my fuel tank. Going for 70 Or better this year. Who wants a ride>  8)

I wanna Ride!  Pleeeeease  ;D ;D ;D        I want to see what 600+ hp going Choke is like. 

And yes, I want of piece of this SA action.  I need a fix of ripping the big dunes.   8)

So, are your dates the actual nights that you have reserved?  It seems like last year went by way too fast, I like the idea of staying a few more days/nights. 

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 02:24:24 PM »
I wanna Ride!  Pleeeeease  ;D ;D ;D        I want to see what 600+ hp going Choke is like. 

And yes, I want of piece of this SA action.  I need a fix of ripping the big dunes.   8)

So, are your dates the actual nights that you have reserved?  It seems like last year went by way too fast, I like the idea of staying a few more days/nights.

I'll reserve you a seat. 8)  Yes plan on arriving on the after noon of the 20th and leaving on the morning of the 29th.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 02:29:33 PM »
mrs fast not going that your looking for passengers already??? lol ever figure out where the sand came from other than the obvious? or was that a bonus from the previous owner?
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 02:34:43 PM »
9 days on the sand huh lol that`s a run!

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 02:48:58 PM »
mrs fast not going that your looking for passengers already??? lol ever figure out where the sand came from other than the obvious? or was that a bonus from the previous owner?

Mrs Fast will be there for sure.  She always gets the first ride so if I break she gets at least one ride.  Mrs Fast has my number.  I don't think it was from the previous owner I think I must have got a big slug of Idaho sand in the tank at some time or another while I was filling my fuel tank. Now that I have it tuned for the higher altitudes I should have a lot more power then last time.  My tuner did not compensate for the altitude and took to much fuel out of the tune.  Car is running supper in Glamis this year and I am thinking it will be a killer at LS in the spring.   

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 03:24:10 PM »
so i take it you don't have an atmospheric pressure sensor? doesn't run closed loop either? i remember you talking about needing a high altitude tune while at st a last time.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 07:22:19 PM »
so i take it you don't have an atmospheric pressure sensor? doesn't run closed loop either? i remember you talking about needing a high altitude tune while at st a last time.

Correct no atmospheric pressure sensor and no closed loop.  So If I think i'm a tad lean this time I'll up my fuel pressure and see if that don't cover the lean spot.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 05:26:04 AM »
Mrs Fast told ya to drive like a little old man,  rofl.  Guess ya dont listen. ;D ;D

Damn I have to add 4 days to that for drive time.  I will just have to see hows its going a little closer
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 06:04:21 AM »
Correct no atmospheric pressure sensor and no closed loop.  So If I think i'm a tad lean this time I'll up my fuel pressure and see if that don't cover the lean spot.
How would you be going lean at altitude if not lean at sea level? That is opposite of what should have happened.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 07:08:36 AM »
How would you be going lean at altitude if not lean at sea level? That is opposite of what should have happened.

kind of what i was thinking but wasn't sure if e 85 was slightly diff with an afr of say 10:1 vs say 14:1?? altitude should be going rich or fat but that is what i thought and i don't know for sure.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 10:05:45 AM »
Going up hill goes rich. And runs like poo on little mills with no turbo's lol (less air density/pressure, same fuel being injected if no EGO correction)
Fast what ECU do you run? Could you add baro correction? Works really well for guys that change elevation in a short time like driving mountain passes and such.
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2016, 08:17:29 PM »
Quit breaking stuff   5:

Last post by fast:

Quote from: dsrace on Today at 07:08:36 AM

kind of what i was thinking but wasn't sure if e 85 was slightly diff with an afr of say 10:1 vs say 14:1?? altitude should be going rich or fat but that is what i thought and i don't know for sure.

Lean or rich, ether way last year at Idaho I had to drive the car like a two stroke.  It would not pick up boost with out being in the top of the rpm range.  That meant having to shift down to a lower gear to bring it up on boost and I would lose it when I tried to shift back to third.  No way the car would boost in third like it always has.  You want to remember that I run the bowls and shoot Choke Cherry at Idaho in third and fourth out there and maintain 12 to 15 LB boost doing it.  To get that last year I had to run them in second on the rev limiter.  The car never acted rich and was getting way to good of gas mileage. It may have been the Idaho sand in the tank and the injectors not performing at 65#s but it was off from what it had been in the past.  After I put new injectors in and Chris put fuel back in the low and mid range the car was a completely different animal here at LS and right now at Glamis.     
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 08:37:31 PM »
I can accept the injectors were clogged and leaning it out.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2016, 10:17:02 AM »
i saw the pile of sand that he got out of them. wow i was surprised there was that much in there.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2016, 11:56:43 AM »
Going up hill goes rich. And runs like poo on little mills with no turbo's lol (less air density/pressure, same fuel being injected if no EGO correction)
Fast what ECU do you run? Could you add baro correction? Works really well for guys that change elevation in a short time like driving mountain passes and such.

Here is the ECU that is in the car http://www.driftmotion.com/EMS-6860-Standalone-ECU-p/dm305.htm. Don't know what a baro correction is but I have good EGO correction with the right foot on the skinny pedal. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal