Author Topic: the Right axle!?  (Read 2205 times)

ezekielrage

the Right axle!?
« on: June 18, 2011, 08:48:57 PM »
Hey guys im new to the site and building mini buggy's, me and my friend are gonna buy a buggy the BMS 150cc Side Winder, and i was wanting to know when i take the motor out, can i use the internal gear box, its a CVT Auto with reverse and is the Rear axle able to stand the power of a Street bike motor maybe a CBR or Gsxr? would i need to get a nother axle and can i use the F-N-R gear box with the other motor ima put in it?

ezekielrage

Re: the Right axle!?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 08:58:12 PM »
heres a picture of the back of it. i havnt bought it yet, just wanting to make sure b4 i bought one.

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 12:19:11 AM »
Putting the power of a medium/large bike engine in that would be a mistake.  Nevermind the trouble you'd go through to actually make it work.
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 01:04:10 AM »
I wouldn't use the chassis. better off starting with some good plans. just my 2 cents worth.Where are you going to be riding the buggy?

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 11:37:07 AM »
that 150 cc engine is only like 11 hp isn't it? a bike motor will snap the rest of it right and left, I wouldn't waste my time. if you buy it just play with that go cart till you can afford to build a rail, you will be a lot happier in the end.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 12:14:51 PM »
Welcome to the site.

Don't know what the budget is, and there is nothing wrong with getting your feet wet at a lower price point, but you will be much better off with a different base. 

Did a quick CL search for you.  Options:

http://louisville.craigslist.org/rvs/2439275174.html

VW, beam car, $1200.

http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/2436052750.html

Tell us more about your goals and lets get a better idea for a better base?

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 07:42:02 PM »
yummi those aren't bad starter buggies. you might take a look at one of those in person if possible.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

ezekielrage

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 09:38:40 PM »
my budget would be like 2,000 ot under please, lol im only 16 and its a summer project that i want, i usally jus ride trails and ride in mud and hills, im not really lookin for somthing big, but somthing that will handle a street bike motor, thanks for the time and help you guys are doing for me, it means alot.

ezekielrage

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 09:47:20 PM »
if i have to ill build one from the frame up, i want a 2 seater somthing not too long or wide, somthing maybe a lil bit wider than a quad, so i can go on some of the trails down here, but if somone know where i can get some blueprints or somthing on how to build the frame and where to get the trans and rear end build at, im new to building stuff but im wanting to start out on Small engines :p jus somthing i want to make my hobby, thanks for the help everone!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal