Author Topic: Don's Bus Box BS Continued...............  (Read 2730 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Don's Bus Box BS Continued...............
« on: May 05, 2011, 08:13:46 PM »
Welllllll.................this is just so BS it's beyond comprehension. I'm looking for a tranny lube leak. Guess what's causing it. The ultimate rip off artist ,Don's Bus Box. The shifter nose cone was the origin of the leak. Being it requires a complete engine removal and tranny removal to get the nose cone off I think I'll just check the torque on the 9 bolts. Guess what. 6 were completely stripped!!!!!! That SOB is a no good rip off artist bastard. All there is to it.  DAMMIT!!!!!! Guess it gets the clean it up and bandaid the hell out of it with the gray silicone gasket maker. Don't have the time to tear the damn thing out before LS.
 Never ,ever, buy from Don's Bus Box.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: Don's Bus Box BS Continued...............
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 08:23:49 PM »
Sorry for the woes. 

You know AZ Transaxle is a sponsor here right?  I hear they ship.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 08:26:32 PM »
Fixing it like don did?  No way I'd ship it unless atleast 50% of bolts were tight Sarcasm.  I guess they are good enough for most. Typical of so many businesses attitude now. Sad.
Sorry for the woes. 

You know AZ Transaxle is a sponsor here right?  I hear they ship.
I bet they take trades.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 08:16:42 AM »
Welllllll.................this is just so BS it's beyond comprehension. I'm looking for a tranny lube leak. Guess what's causing it. The ultimate rip off artist ,Don's Bus Box. The shifter nose cone was the origin of the leak. Being it requires a complete engine removal and tranny removal to get the nose cone off I think I'll just check the torque on the 9 bolts. Guess what. 6 were completely stripped!!!!!! That SOB is a no good rip off artist bastard. All there is to it.  DAMMIT!!!!!! Guess it gets the clean it up and bandaid the hell out of it with the gray silicone gasket maker. Don't have the time to tear the damn thing out before LS.
 Never ,ever, buy from Don's Bus Box.

Well I bet this one don't leak.  Just jump on the phone and order up one. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 01:09:28 PM »
maybe next time.  ;) ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 01:57:41 PM »
well that sucks but not surprised knowing what he calls quality!  I would hate to see one of his good enough builds after seeing his all out performance builds  rofl rofl rofl rofl LMAO :)
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 04:43:43 PM »
Can you step up to a standard bolt size an use it as it's own roll tap?.........

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 05:26:24 PM »
I thought of that but due to the mounting I can't remove the existing bolts. BUT it also will prevent the nose cone from falling off. LOL!!!! I don't see an issue other than the leaking fluid that makes a puddle about 12" in diameter over 3-4 days.Seal it,fill  'er up and ride the biotch!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

trans man

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 07:49:23 PM »
That SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb down thumb down thumb down

But it doesn't suprise me.

After LS it will be fixed the right way. ;) ;)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 10:52:12 PM »
 ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 04:33:19 PM »
you should take a dump in a bag, attach a note stating your returning his trans, and mail it to him!!  LMAO LMAO rofl rofl
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 04:37:18 PM »
Well,I revisited BDKW1's suggestion and found that I could get 4 of them out and a 5/16-18 thread formed themselves in nicely. Might have slowed it to a near stop. Maybe. Well see in the morning. 
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

trans man

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 08:22:02 AM »
Sadly, I think Don would even try to reuse that too DS. :-X :-X :-X

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 10:17:21 AM »
well the owner of the trans from don's bus box asked that I not post pics until he had things settled with don. that never happened and enough time has gone by imo so i am going to post them on here and if anyone wants to add them somewhere else I can't do anything about that!!  ;) ;)    transman will have to fill in the info to go with the pics. in a nut shell what don advertised as a fully built 091 for sand rails or buggies was not the case and this is what he sells to everyone as fully built! he is also claiming as is so many other trans builders that a stock oe R&P is stronger than a weddle and capable of 400 hp BS!  but when you say, oh then that will work with my northstar v-8 they start back peddling and then say oh no that's 400 hp air cooled   LMAO ! that also came from rancho trans too!! re-used R&P bearing that was still packed full of sludge, used rtv gasket sealer for lock tite on pinion nut plus didn't tq it done, used chewed up rev gear and so much more not to meantion that the bell housing was cracked which you couldn't see through the powder coating. this trans did not have a weddle R&P but oe. the trans case still had sludge built up in it and I believe it was 3rd 4th gears that were jammed.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 10:19:02 AM »
you just can't pick up the wear marks or gear damage in pics. throw out arm was stock and had not been welded ( beefed up ). I know it's hard to see but that's a used rev gear that has the edge of the teeth ground off so far it wouldn't work and should never been sold as new!

I don't have the rest of the pics anymore for some reason so trans will have to post the rest or duneboud69. but just remember this was a fresh trans that was supposed to be all new gears!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 10:35:09 AM by Dsrace »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal