Author Topic: Fuel Problem  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Fuel Problem
« on: November 11, 2010, 05:23:58 AM »
Ok so I've still got fuel problems.  '94 zx600 carb and I'm flooding out.  When I moved the gas tank down, I had to add a fuel pump.  Have rebuilt the carbs and set the floats.  If I let the pump run continually it floods the carbs.  Here's the fuel pump http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Electric-Fuel-Pumps-Univ-Mr--Gasket_5400317-P_N3339K_P%7CGRP2030P____#fragment-3  It doesn't say psi but I'm thinking the packing said 5psi.  So was going to pump to a smaller higher tank and gravity feed carbs overflow back to big tank.  But I thought of an easier way if you guys think it would work.  On the output side (pressure)of fuel pump install a T on line, one to carb and the other back to a T intalled in tank where the outlet is.  There is only 1 thread bung on tank and that was the problem with using 2nd tank,  having tank welded with 2nd bung.  I think this might work and for the $5 worth of parts will try it before doing the 2nd tank thing. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
Re: Fuel Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 06:11:46 AM »
Hey Carl, a few other guys I've seen do the second tank and it works, but I say try your other idea sonds OK ya got nothing to loose, well maybe keep a fire extinguisher handy :o and see how it goes!! As you say it's gotta be better then doing the second tank... ;D
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 06:16:41 AM »
Buy a ten dollar fuel pump regulator.  The little round silver ones that you can set the pressure down to one psi.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 07:13:30 AM »
Fast, thats twice what the other way would cost.  Cant piss away money on this buggy hobby ya know.  LMAO LMAO  Might try that too.

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 08:00:02 AM »
We all know Fast likes to spend money ;D ;D ;D
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 09:02:51 AM »
Free to a good home.  You pay the post man.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 09:17:59 AM »
the carbs for my last engine (gsxf 600 suzuki katana) couldnt handle more than 2.8 psi  is what the manual said.. anything above that would push the needles open....

but someone made a retro fit spring assist for the needle and float assembly, for switching to a fuel pump setup, vs the gravitry feed..
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

SPEC

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 10:23:28 AM »
Yup you need to be @1.5 psi. or less...you could switch over to sled neddles and seats...since they are already calibrated to handle feul pump pressures  ;D

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 10:54:31 AM »
Dang Fast, you must got a warehouse full of stuff.  Man sure can collect a bunch of extra stuff from trial and error buggy buildin.  I'll be in touch if I "think" I need it.  You da man. 

Fast, ever hear back from rack snuggy man?  rofl rofl rofl

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 12:18:52 PM »
Dang Fast, you must got a warehouse full of stuff.  Man sure can collect a bunch of extra stuff from trial and error buggy buildin.  I'll be in touch if I "think" I need it.  You da man. 

Fast, ever hear back from rack snuggy man?  rofl rofl rofl

Ya you tend to collect a ton of sh$% when you have been doing buggy's as lone as I have.  LMAO LMAO You have no idea the crap I have in two shops five VW vans and a big barn.  I can't find sh$% I want some times.  Know I have it but where.  rofl rofl rofl drowning

Mite start a bidding site like fleebay here just for my crap.  8) 8)

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 05:53:23 PM »
Well against my "man" judgement, I decided to do this right the 1st time.   Head hurts from beating against the wall doing sh!t the long hard way.  Picked up fuel reg made by same fokes at pump, one end will thread into pump or can use barb fittings anywhere inline.  Adjust from 1 to 5 psi in 1/2 increments.  Its chrome too, so bling!!!

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 05:37:17 AM »
Damn it Carl I wanted to see the pics of ya do'n the other one to see how you were gonna do it. ;D

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 06:14:19 AM »
i'll see if I can whip up a little drawing for you then. ;D I do believe the other way will work.

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 06:24:15 AM »
Cool can ya doit in crayon so I'll understand.. rofl Seriously though I wouldn't mind having a look at what ya had in mind! If ya don't mind. ;D

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 09:39:35 AM »
Just for Reidy:  ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal