Author Topic: Not Buggies, but offroad builds  (Read 12669 times)

SPEC

Not Buggies, but offroad builds
« on: January 04, 2009, 06:21:43 AM »
These certanly aren't buggies, But I spend more time on them,tinkering with them, and trying to get more work out of them...They are often overlooked for the powerhouses that they are, and the work they can save a gimp like me...
I 've been looking and I really don't have all that great of pix for you guys...
So I'll post what I got and get some better ones...
I'll start with this one,
I spent 400 hours sitting on this one in the last year, Mowing,vacuuming,de-thatching, sucking up leaves, moving firewood around, and loading scrap on the truck
Alot of guys are gonna ''What the fook''  That's OK, Yup It's a lowely Crapsman...Made by the same company that makes the smaller johndeer tractors, I tube chassied the frame ,mounter a winch on the front for a lift, made some mods to the deck, so I get a proffessional looking cut.
Best part...I got about 100 dollars in it, That was for the gasket kit...It started out as an over rated 22hp fuel injected Briggs twin, mud bugs had encased the entire engine, It looked like a blob of dried mud in the chassis, mice were living in the aircleaner and in the airhorn, so the motor had to come apart anyway, so while we had it apart we decked the heads .025, I did a portmatch and a pocket port on them, and slapped it all back together...Ever been mowing tall grass and your mower lugs down?
Not me, this fooker is stoopid...The motor never lugs it blows the drive belt off the mower, I keep 3 in the truck, Cuz I drive this like I stole it too

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: Not Buggies, but offroad builds
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 06:29:45 AM »
Dude,

You need some more cross bracing on that cage and some HID lights.......

I am just a sayin....... ::)
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

SPEC

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 06:36:09 AM »
I built that Vacuum from the ground up Using old snow blower stuff...I got some pix of that build...Bonus is I only got $250 in it, Plus I got more suction, and capacity than the $1500 trac vac's

SPEC

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 06:37:10 AM »
Yummi,
 ;D ;D ;D
It's got PIAA's on it ;D

SPEC

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 07:55:18 AM »
This next unit I FOOKIN HATE...I HATE THIS FOOKER WITH ALL MY BEING...
Problem is I can't get any thing around here done with out it for now :P
It's a charger 12 Wheel horse...They are touted as the best Lawn & Garden tractor ever built by Many...Bout like owning a Fookin Harley if you ask me...This fooker has rolled itself,Cuz the auto trans is set up to go full reverse or full foreward you use the brake to slow it down...well the brakes don't last long :( So It' has a hand control for the hydrostat It will not sit still period)...Ever try to stack pallett's while going one way or the other? no stop and sit? Plus I have to go around it once a week to tighten all the stuff that is threatening to fall off of it... I'll say this for it the loader end of this one is top notch

SPEC

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 08:14:10 AM »
In it's defense...It's -20 with the windchill here right now and I'm out to push snow...

Offline Jerry

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 09:57:52 AM »
Now you got me wanting to rework my mower, it sucks when it comes to sucking stuff up, i am forever unclogging it. Theproject list is getting TOOOO long. Soon i will have to quit work just to keep up, then there will be no money to do projects. ?????

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 10:06:20 AM »
quiting work doesn't help. :'(
This post has been edited due to content.

SPEC

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 11:02:10 AM »
Hell Jerry,
 If you want I can do alittle write up on the Vacuum...I can suck up 8'' of grass in standing water without a problem... I gotta go not balls to the walls no standing in one place either ;D
Ya like boostin said don't quit your day job...just hire me to build you one

Offline Jerry

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 07:55:07 PM »
What did you use for the vacuum hose? I have a 3or 5 hp briggs i like runs it has been sitting a while. i would need some way to make the vacuum part, Not many snow blowers here in the Arizona dessert.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 08:07:03 PM »
But they ought to be cheap!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 08:42:41 PM »
This next unit I FOOKIN HATE...I HATE THIS FOOKER WITH ALL MY BEING...
Problem is I can't get any thing around here done with out it for now :P
It's a charger 12 Wheel horse...They are touted as the best Lawn & Garden tractor ever built by Many...Bout like owning a Fookin Harley if you ask me...This fooker has rolled itself,Cuz the auto trans is set up to go full reverse or full foreward you use the brake to slow it down...well the brakes don't last long :( So It' has a hand control for the hydrostat It will not sit still period)...Ever try to stack pallett's while going one way or the other? no stop and sit? Plus I have to go around it once a week to tighten all the stuff that is threatening to fall off of it... I'll say this for it the loader end of this one is top notch

TRACTORS!!!

That loader looks like it would lift a big round bale......  But I dunno about the front tires!  ;D

To bad it won't sit still, that would be a bitch.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 09:01:36 PM »
Hell spec can't sit still either.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 04:22:07 AM »
Jerry,
 It's an industrial 8'' vacuum hose, that hose is about 300bux to buy new. You wouldn't need one that long...mines 10  or 15 feet so I can unhook it from the tractor and run around and suck up leaves...no raking

E-farmer,
 I got the power but the short wheelbase and those front tires hold me back, Best I can get os a 4 ply with atube, I keep a spare tire in the shop at all times ;D
Fabr,
You just know me too damn well...

SPEC

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 06:45:31 AM »
My next vict...er project is this one It's a sears FF-24 Got a cast iron Onan twin, front pto, hydrostat trans with live hydaulic 3 point...It is huge compaered to the wheel horse,and Crapsman,I'm working on powersteering for it, I have the goodies but no shop room right now, I was thinking about a backhoe for it...(I have the cylenders,pump, joysticks, and shit to do it...Plans too) along with the front end loader ;D
To give you an idea of the size of this, the rear tires are 27'' excavators, and the disc it's hooked up to is a 5 footer
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 07:26:37 AM by Spec »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal