Author Topic: I want it i need it.....its time  (Read 25720 times)

big dave and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: I want it i need it.....its time
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2023, 11:44:05 AM »
Looking good for sure.

I have wanted a tube grinder/polisher. I finally bought one and should be here tomorrow. They are finally affordable. I know nothing about the quality but reviews were favorable.

Is that just the grinder attachment or does it come with a grinder? What did that cost? Normally I would go to those lengths but prob not this time  :)
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2023, 05:39:54 PM »
Complete tool. It was $127.99 with shipping.  https://www.vevor.com/belt-grinder-c_11006/tube-belt-sander-pipe-polisher-around-pipe-electric-sanding-machine-120v-800w-p_010823003675   I couldn't really pass it up. Ya probably chinese and a copy of ones costing 600 or so bux. No more use than I will give it it should be fine. I'll let you know tomorrow what my first impression is.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2023, 07:30:06 AM »
I might just have to give one a try myself.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2023, 09:48:58 AM »
It showed up just now. I have to say I'm impressed at this point. Only possible negative could be the non-metallic rollers but the belt runs slow and I doubt there will be any hot dust generated to affect the rollers. The motor sounds great,runs very smooth.It has soft start which I really like. Tool seems well designed. I'll put it to work a bit with the included belt this afternoon and report more.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2023, 07:38:27 AM »
It showed up just now. I have to say I'm impressed at this point. Only possible negative could be the non-metallic rollers but the belt runs slow and I doubt there will be any hot dust generated to affect the rollers. The motor sounds great,runs very smooth.It has soft start which I really like. Tool seems well designed. I'll put it to work a bit with the included belt this afternoon and report more.

Based on your review, I may have to purchase one.

I say that because stell has gone up, alot. My dad used a bunch of the .120 wall  dom 1.5" tube i had set aside for another frame. Now with the eye thing......probably my last frame. If it works well I will probably tear it down , clean up some spots and have it re powdercoated  so that all of it is again.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 08:17:08 AM by dsrace »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2023, 12:01:54 PM »
I might get to try it later this evening. Got a sick animal needing paid attention to. I'll let you know my opinion of how it performs hopefully tonight.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2023, 06:41:52 PM »
Weddle did their homework.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2023, 11:13:52 AM »
Yes, weddle did !!

On another note, received my 2nd eye injection yesterday. Another miserable experience but a tad bit less miserable this time since I hade the eye ointment and ibuprofen ready to go.

I have been told from others that have yearly, bi yearly and a few that have monthly injs they have no problems. One guy stated he gets a shot in both eyes and drives home. If you have ever had crap blow into your eye, your eye clamps shut and tears up to the point of tears running down your cheek from that eye....... thats what it feels after the run a needle into both spots in my eye. One in the cornea and one into the back of the eye ball. Must be diff then the others cause no way I could drive home with shots in one eye let alone both eyes!!

My vision has been improving at a slow rate but  baby steps are better then degrading! The distortion in the center has been reduced and I test a fuzzy weak 20/30 in the rt eye yesterday. 3 weeks prior i tested a fuzzy 20/50. 4isk of infection is really touchy the first 3 days. So working 9n my rail for a week. Next pair of injections is 1 week before the dune trip. I will be running scotts rail. I would say "again" but we never really got much run time on the last trip cause the impact legal "offroad" labeled fuel cell from speedway ruptured......twice  :m.   Wont be a problem this time. Just need to get the eps controller wired in and paint that section of the frame where I added the eps mounts.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2023, 08:46:02 PM »
Sounds good /positive. 

As for the tube grinder. The  grinder belt that comes with it sux balls. Ordered a few different ones to try before I rate the thing. It looks good.soft start,low belt speed. All good and the tool quality seems pretty good. The belt supplied is just tooo stiff it appears and does not grab the drive wheel well and it slips. It was also way too coarse unless a very rough finish is desired.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 08:47:33 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2023, 10:28:42 AM »
Sounds good /positive. 

As for the tube grinder. The  grinder belt that comes with it sux balls. Ordered a few different ones to try before I rate the thing. It looks good.soft start,low belt speed. All good and the tool quality seems pretty good. The belt supplied is just tooo stiff it appears and does not grab the drive wheel well and it slips. It was also way too coarse unless a very rough finish is desired.

I look forward to the review. I can see a few uses for that tool!!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2023, 01:53:38 PM »
So far not too happy. Belts slip on drive wheel. It works if careful but not as expected. Slow belt speed is good though. I will try to figure out the fix for the slipping. I think the spring that tensions the movable arm is too weak. I'll try to get some time to fool with it.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2023, 07:59:07 AM »
Well, post up if you find the winning combo! I bet it works pretty good once correct.

Got a tny bit done on my rail but nothing picture worthy.  The rear trans mounts are a bit of a mind F !  The case twists at the intermediate housing so the rear mounts don't sit flat.  drivers side is 1" taller and makes it a bitch to level. I used the cv flang face to level it and then spent some time finding 4 points to square it to the trans.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2023, 08:40:53 AM »
Such a nice piece should have symmetrical mounting points. Is there any reason they could not have done so?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal