Author Topic: epa on the move again  (Read 2799 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
epa on the move again
« on: March 18, 2021, 05:29:08 PM »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: epa on the move again
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 05:33:12 PM »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 07:23:37 PM »
I've been following this for a while. The "green new deal"SOB's are hell bent on this BS. SEMA and a few other groups are lobbying as always against this but,unfortunately,the writing is on the wall it seems.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 09:01:14 AM »
i haven't followed it as closely as i should but seems they are aggressively targeting diesel delete and diesel tuners shops right now.  sad part is that racing is why we have aftermarket performance parts. racing is prob the biggest push but the street racers are a large portion of the open source ecu's .... imo.  offroader are in the minority but we benifit from the other two. they are fining companies out of buisness and will be turning there sites on dyno shops before too long, imo as well.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 10:13:38 AM »
If a shop openly defies EPA, like Diesel Bros did with a TV show no less, they are going to be screwed more and more. Small inconspicuous companies are likely under the radar for some time yet,IMO. This isn't really anything new.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 10:19:40 AM »
The diesel bros reply/attitude/misinfo in the above vid is why shops will be targeted and have no defense . 20-30K and DPF's are clogged. Pure BS. Yes they run better with DEF deletes and such but there is really no reason they cannot run just as well with DEF and DPF's in place. Places like Diesel Bros need to develop that market if they want to be in the performance field going forward.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 10:47:19 AM »
2017-2021 duramax:
Horsepower:   445 Horsepower At 2800 RPM
Torque:   910 lb/ft at 1600 RPM

Who really needs more than that? Answer,none of us. Even my older 2011 DM had 760ish torque and pulled my old 45 footer fully loaded across the pass at Jackson ,Wy. 10% grade 5 miles up with no let up. Never missed a beat. A newer DM would have laughed at it. SO ,again how much is enough? 
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2021, 04:51:08 PM »
forward to 5:38

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 04:52:18 PM »
found a better video on that hearing

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 04:57:58 PM »
and yes, broadcasting the emissions deletes in video's is a poor choice  ;D the power of the new diesels is very good compared to 15 to 20 years ago. the new diesels don't get the longevity they used to due to the emissions equipment and also can/do pass the tail pipe sniffer tests after having been deleted. now in most cases that's with an emission test tune. i do personally know 1 person that passed with a stock 2006 duramax, no cat or egr recirc, passed the sniffer text on the dyno in colorada. he failed the visual because the cat was missing. the manager he spoke with told him they see this daily but the law says they have to have a cat that can be seen.  this doesn't include the diesel guys that love to roll coal. 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 05:03:00 PM »
now there are many companies that are carb compliant. banks is another one that prides themselves on being carb compliant with diesels also.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2021, 05:09:29 PM »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2021, 05:35:07 PM »
My point was that dickheads like Diesel Bros are bad for our sport. Gale banks and others like him are a positive influence and with the added legislative lobbying that SEMA and others as well do we will be fine. Probably. Being active writing our representatives will also help as it always has.  WIll the greenies back off? Of course not but we can't stop our efforts either.

In all honesty,when the idiots like diesel bros started flaunting their shit it really pissed me off. Idiots like them are not doing any good at all for the sport no matter what they say they are doing now.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2021, 06:08:02 PM »
The moron in the EZLYNK vid is just as bad for our sport as the Diesel bros. The sucker would not sway the opinion of even one legislator with that BS. What it will come to is there will be strict enforcement of ANY on road use of non-compliant vehicles . In other words it is either on road or off.   Along those lines you guys know I drag raced for a long time. Wanna know how many times I street raced? NEVER once. I've not had a modified car on the road since 1980. (well,other than the buggy on county dirt roads)I have always felt the track was for racing and the street was for ,welllllll,street cars. With the way newer (last 15+ years)vehicles perform there isn't really any reason to modify them. Every vehicle now will last at the very minimum 100K due to the EPA emission"restrictions" and most will easily do over 200K. COmpare that to before the EPA required 100K emissions standards and GM engines were toast at 50K.I've torn down so many GM engines I can't even guess how many when I was doing the auto machine shop thing. You couldn't even bore the blocks .040 and have the cylinders clean up with sometimes as low as 30K on the clock. Ford and Chrysler were better but none would last and run basically like new for 100K . The Jap engines of the same era would go 100K with almost no wear. Engines had to be made of far higher quality materials to do so.  In all honesty,emissions standards have been a good thing.

No,I don't like the lower MPG that the emissions stuff usually results in but my '19 corvette gets 30-36 mpg on the highway@85mph and is able to still get average of in town and hiway of 18+mpg. I ain't gonna bitch about the emissions crap on it especially since it will do so for 100K with only 1 spark plug change @50K.  Hell,the much more powerful supercharged ZR-1 with 765HP /765Tq. will last for 100K as well AND meet emissions. Just buy whatever pleases for the street and leave it the eff alone. If everyone would be doing that the EPA wouldn't waste their time on this shit.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 06:12:20 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2021, 07:08:41 AM »
the above video of rep hudson was round 1. i don't know for sure but i think he as well as others actually got the epa to clean up the verbage,..... that was round 1. i have not heard anything of round 2 but i haven't been following it close enough.

the last video was to illustrate the ammunition morons like people in the ezlynk video are openly giving the epa!

i was referring to diesels when i said longevity and mph. i should've clarified that as the gas burners have come a long ways in the last 15 to 20 years for sure! the new sports cars like vettes, camaro's, mustangs, chargers etc etc have plenty of power stock. they are capable of even more and there are many carb compliant products and tunes available to turn them up a bit.

there are a fair number of street racers, movies like fast and the furious etc etc have fueled that market. from the last info i read the industry went from a billion dollar industry in 2015 to a 2 billion dollar industry present. where i may not participate in street racing , i have slowed up to watch one a time or two. they took place in a remote stretch of road and i didn't consider them to be dangerous to non participants.

i mostly have gotten into the diesel end of things. i drive an older one and have built it up pretty decent for my purpose. i cannot stand rolling coal because those are dollar bills billowing out the tail pipe  ;)  i see others doing it and shake my head as that just draws soooo much unwanted attention. my goal with mine was mpg, more power as well, for pulling only.   the newer diesels with the dpf systems are killing the motors. not just mpg's but longevity and very expensive parts. some of that is from overworking the engines and/or poor design.  the guys that have deleted the dpf's for working purposes have not done so to roll coal. those that do it to roll coal draw waaaay to much attention but they also spend a lot more money at those shops  rofl and they love them for it  ;D

what gets me at the end of the day is how many modern cars can be deleted , turned up on e85 and still pass emission smog tests ( beat not just meet standards) on a dyno but fail solely because the cat is gone. diesels can too with a proper tune, getting that proper tune is a real task. now the new modern diesels do have well over double the power than those from 2000 hands down. the only reason i would want to delete the dpf/egr recirc on a modern diesel would be to let it breathe better. that would be for towing, mpg and longevity while knowing that it isn't polluting. it was interesting to hear dana's repeat what the smog shop in denver told him after his deleted '06 duramax passed the smog part but failed the visual due to lack of a cat. i never would've guessed that they see that frequently and know there capable of it but have to follow the rules and fail them.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal