Author Topic: toyhauler  (Read 14698 times)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Re: toyhauler
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2021, 04:49:43 AM »
Looking good!  Ya don’t need that sofa bed thingy lol. Lost my ass, someone along way thought humm I need this for my camper.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2021, 07:36:30 AM »
I like.  Was it going to be delivered,  or do you have to pick it up?

if the 3rd sofa bed shows up next week then i will probably run down and pick it up. if not then probably have it delivered. still a toss up on that one. my brother in law lives 30 mins from there and was going to deliver it to grand lake oklahoma for us but work schedule changed with the sofa bed delays.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2021, 07:37:59 AM »
Looking good!  Ya don’t need that sofa bed thingy lol. Lost my ass, someone along way thought humm I need this for my camper.

i tend to believe this too. i know they could've left it laying on top of a large crate but would've had to have been a very large crate lol prob yanked it and said damaged and tucked it in a back corner for a diff path  :m

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2021, 07:43:02 AM »
i ordered this one with 50 amp service. i did so to supply 2 roof ac units and a gas electric 10 gal water heater and a conv microwave oven. i got so tired of having to shut something off to use the convection oven! the really nice part of this is....... 13,500 btu ac in the bedroom that is 76" x 96"  :m should be able to hang meat in there  :nw

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2021, 11:39:10 AM »
here are a few pics. new toyhauler is 90% correct so i guess i will have to be happy with that.  the staff at dune sport def lack some common sense but i know the other manufacturers are worse.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2021, 11:39:42 AM »
few more

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2021, 11:45:37 AM »
final #'s are .....7200 lbs empty ( they said 7195) with a tongue weight of 1150lbs ( they said 1145)  30' over all length, 26' floor, 8' side walls and supposedly 12' 6" to ac but i will verify myself.  tandem 7k lb axles so 6800 lbs ccc if the floor and frame will take it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 12:32:18 PM by dsrace »

Online DeepBusch69

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2021, 08:54:52 AM »
Have you taken delivery of this yet?  Looks more roomy

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2021, 07:17:17 PM »
i ordered this one with 50 amp service. i did so to supply 2 roof ac units and a gas electric 10 gal water heater and a conv microwave oven. i got so tired of having to shut something off to use the convection oven! the really nice part of this is....... 13,500 btu ac in the bedroom that is 76" x 96"  :m should be able to hang meat in there :nw
I will claim this as my room should we ever stay. Ya can get back  rofl

Should be a freezing cold throughout. I have only roof insulation and easy keeping it cold inside.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2021, 10:03:08 AM »
Have you taken delivery of this yet?  Looks more roomy

i have not picked it up yet. it is offically ready as of mon.  soon very soon and it better be roomy for what it cost!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2021, 10:04:52 AM »
i ordered this one with 50 amp service. i did so to supply 2 roof ac units and a gas electric 10 gal water heater and a conv microwave oven. i got so tired of having to shut something off to use the convection oven! the really nice part of this is....... 13,500 btu ac in the bedroom that is 76" x 96"  :m should be able to hang meat in there :nw
I will claim this as my room should we ever stay. Ya can get back  rofl

Should be a freezing cold throughout. I have only roof insulation and easy keeping it cold inside.

you also have an ac unit that uses the older and far better freon!!!!! yours and jon's both have the better freon.  yes it will have no problem keeping cool on a 110* day lol

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2021, 10:27:28 AM »
fabr...... you made a statement as too waiting to hear whats wrong with this toyhauler...... 3 things so far and i dont have it yet. 2 of them are visable in the pics above. #1 on that list is manual awning placement. the handles are 5n6" off the ground. dumb assns used short arms and have for 20 years because they didnt know dometic offers standard rails for 5 diff height rv walls! ranging from slide in truck camper to stacker trailer!  when i emailed them the info there tune changed but refused to right there wrong because i said i was good with moving the awning to the roof line and the rails would move with it. lack of common sense with there team/staff.  so if i wanted my custom built toyhauler i had 2 choices, well 3 really lol ...... they'll remove the awning and i can install my own, 2. tey'll give me a $200 credit and i can swap the side arms out. i opted for 3 refund my deposit nd parts as it hasnt been paid for yet. i and brad ( general manager) went round and round a few times. he did do as i ask and found an employee 5'2" to video her closing the awning. denise is 5'3" and i demanded that she be able to at the very least be able to close the awning while i was gone. she did it so the offer was $200 to accept it as they will not pay labor to change it.    they used the 71 to 81m arm set on a 96" tall wall. next arm set is 81" to 96" !!!! common sense left the building i guess.

so next issue, i specifically stated that i wanted 2 light switches next to the battery for the nose cap and left wall. i had 1000 lumen led light bars added to all 4 sides. i told them to put those 2 on the own switches and mount next to the battery as i would already be out there if i needed those lights. they forget to right it down and that i instructed them too ad where.

3rd issue thus far....... now if i have a set of head phones on, they are on my ears like normal. so i sent 3 speaker boxs to have installed vs the cheap crap factory speakers. these boxns are 4 speakers with a pneumatic sub in the center. 2 channel box's so left and righ channels. they new that because they had to run 4 wires to 2 connection ports lol  so apperantly they wear there head phones diff then i do. i place mine on my ears where they apperantly turn theres so one in on the forhead and other base of skull. if you look at the porch pic, you'll see the black speak box mounted vertically. they came with 3 mounts..... recessed, 50% recessed or surface mouned. 3.5" thick boxns, 6" gap to door. if you look at the pics in the bed room you'll notice they did the same over the bed. if one was watching a movie then sound would go head to toe not left to right. complet and utter lack of common sense and the person that installed them holds an electrician's title!!!!   

based on pics everything else looks correct....."looks correct"  ;)  we'll see soon enough.    based on my calls with the GM, they must be used to dealing with morons! i of course called him on his lack of info!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2021, 10:42:51 AM »
the cargo door on the drivers side ( left side) is where the sealed agm battery is located. thats where i wanted the switch.

the 4th thing that i wasnt happy about. the tie downs in the floor. i drew a crude print with dimensions. i did not indicate on center as thats how i measure and i thought they did too. they stated 16" on center wall studs so i never wouldnve guessed they didnt lol  so i drew out where i wanted each row, how far apart each and a total over all length of 160". he added them to the cad print and sent it to myself for review..... i glanced at it, saw the 3 short measurement i called out and signed off on it. i should've waited till i had time to look it over with a magnifyer!   so they measured from leading edge to trailing edge using 5" tie downs. so spperantly that overall length of 160" grew 15" plus another 3" as they had to be a min of 8" away from the ramp gate. you'll notice the tiedowns are up against the fridge. i have them almost 2' back from it so as to min the trip hazard over ratchet straps when we stop to grab a soda or sandwhich shile in route!    my fault, i didnt study the cad print and assumed they measured on center and understood 160" oal. i was wrong  :m

honestly the 3 speakers, tie downs and switch's are irritating for sure, bu,t the awning really pissed me off. if they cannot figure that out then how in the hell can they build campers! manual awnings are 70 year old tech with every option.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 10:53:05 AM by dsrace »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2021, 12:30:35 PM »
Soooooo,you're already looking for yet another hauler??????????? 5: :m
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2021, 12:49:30 PM »
"if you want it done right then do it yourself"     there are many variations of that old saying . they all hold ture!

not looking for a new hauler........YET!  ;) rofl

i hope this one last 15 years but who knows based on whats transpired already.

i drew the floor plan specifically for our sand rails and camping wants.  this is a one of a kind build or i would not accepted the awning or there attitude and unwillingness to fix there f up while it was still at the plant!

this should check all the important box's and i can do something with the awning. i found 3" longer arms that will fit the lower half. easy to install wjo chaning mounting points and will drop the handles 3". there a tippy toe height for her right now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal