Author Topic: OUT WITH THE OLD VW. IN WITH THE SUBARU  (Read 49676 times)

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
Re: OUT WITH THE OLD VW. IN WITH THE SUBARU
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2017, 09:39:34 AM »
Interesting situation...

Just to throw this out there, some cam and crank sensors are polarity sensitive. I have seen first hand of sync errors and rev limiting from one being wired backwards, or having the pickup "edge" being configured incorrectly in the ecu software.

Hope ya get it figured out!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline big dave

« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2017, 09:52:18 AM »
Interesting situation...

Just to throw this out there, some cam and crank sensors are polarity sensitive. I have seen first hand of sync errors and rev limiting from one being wired backwards, or having the pickup "edge" being configured incorrectly in the ecu software.

Hope ya get it figured out!
I did rewire it. there is a small chance. I crossed them. but I believe. I only unhooked one wire it a time. to rewire it.  give me more information about edge. how is this  configuration in the ecu. what will I be looking for? I can see the input config for both the cam and crank.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:55:02 AM by big dave »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2017, 10:31:57 AM »
my guess is since it's running good until it's struck then i would say it's good. when i told you to unplug the cam sensor while it was running the other night before you found the issue.  you said that worked and that it looked like it had been struck by something. not all but some use a roll pin on cams for the sensor. something is coming loose at rpm, how deep is the groove?.

fabr most cars will run if the cam sensor fails it just goes into limp mode. crank sensor goes and they die right now.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline big dave

« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2017, 10:37:59 AM »
my guess is since it's running good until it's struck then i would say it's good. when i told you to unplug the cam sensor while it was running the other night before you found the issue.  you said that worked and that it looked like it had been struck by something. not all but some use a roll pin on cams for the sensor. something is coming loose at rpm, how deep is the groove?.

fabr most cars will run if the cam sensor fails it just goes into limp mode. crank sensor goes and they die right now.
its not much of a rub. looks like just a small scratch, you can just, fell it with your finger nail. a may try and put a shim under it. looking through the cam sensor hole it looks good. but I'm removing the timing belt covers to night to get a better look at it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 10:40:44 AM by big dave »

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2017, 10:50:46 AM »
Damn gremlins!.  Some sensors come with shims.  Factory sensor or aftermarket?

You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2017, 10:51:12 AM »
well take pics cause i'm interested to see whats in there that can move. the 94.5 to03 PSD cam/crank sensor does come with shims like carl says.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2017, 11:58:41 AM »
I did rewire it. there is a small chance. I crossed them. but I believe. I only unhooked one wire it a time. to rewire it.  give me more information about edge. how is this  configuration in the ecu. what will I be looking for? I can see the input config for both the cam and crank.

You would be looking for something like "Ignition Input Capture"
"Rising Edge" or "Falling edge" is how Tuner Studio and AEM label it in their programs.
If set incorrectly you can experience timing drift with RPMs or misdetection of teeth on a missing tooth wheel causing limp mode or failure to rev.
But since you already had this build running good, I'm guessing this is not your issue
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline big dave

« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2017, 02:07:51 PM »
Damn gremlins!.  Some sensors come with shims.  Factory sensor or aftermarket?
oem I believe.

Offline big dave

« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2017, 03:59:01 PM »
Just figured I would give a update on my car. not a dam thing is happening on it.  LMAO.  still fighting the trigger gremlin. I decided, I should step back and take a break from it. regroup. so to speck. then my oldest kids clutch went out on her Honda civic. so.... ya you guessed it. I have been playing Honda mechanic. all the parts should be in this week. oh ya in the middle of all this 3 weeks ago we had a hail storm. so the truck, I just bought. 5 mouths ago. got hammered. I hate dealing with the insurance company. their Dam sure a legal mafia. You have to pay them! but try and get some money out of them.  5: 5: 5:   I hope to get back to the car in a few weeks. the big hold up right now is. I need two scopes to see my trigger signal at the same time so the ECU provider can tell me what is happening.   I have one scope.  the second scope I found, has been sent off for repairs. I hope to see it return this week. I hope to get some answers then. I have been considering putting the old fuel rails and injectors back on the motor. then dumping the old tune back in the ECU. This would be the tune it had before, I took it to the tuner.  to see if it was the tuner or something else . this all started the first run out after I put the new injectors on it and had it tuned. well that is the update!!!!!! HOPE TO GET TO PLAY SOMETIME SOON.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2017, 07:05:40 PM »
 that sucks on rail....i thought you had it figured out. so what kind of truck? pics?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2017, 07:36:25 PM »
well,that certainly sux all around.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2017, 10:24:18 PM »
Are you and Kim planning on coming to Idaho this year?

Offline big dave

« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2017, 06:23:36 AM »
Are you and Kim planning on coming to Idaho this year?
I don't see it in my future. I cant speak for Kim. I'm sure he would love to. hit him up.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2017, 10:22:49 AM »
to anyone that knows the suby motors. A.......is the crank timing gear keyed on or bolted on?       B..........are there adjustable timing gears available for cams ? as in to get the engine set with cams at a true 0  at tdc

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #224 on: June 28, 2017, 03:19:52 PM »
so big dave.......when it acts like it hits the rev limiter, does it spit and pop a tiny bit like rev limiter mixed with small miss or tiny back fire?   also, in your ecm.......is there a setting for auto or manual trans? if so is the gear based map selection? if so could it be stuck in N map?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal