Author Topic: OUT WITH THE OLD VW. IN WITH THE SUBARU  (Read 49674 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: OUT WITH THE OLD VW. IN WITH THE SUBARU
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2017, 02:13:35 PM »
i am not why your pcm does what it does unless its sensing misfires or dead plugs and defaulting. ,???
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »
or the plug is damaged enough that at 3800 it doesnt through a hot enough or any spark and\or boost is blowing it out. easy test is fresh plugs gapped at 25 or your liking.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline big dave

« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2017, 03:20:57 PM »
or the plug is damaged enough that at 3800 it doesnt through a hot enough or any spark and\or boost is blowing it out. easy test is fresh plugs gapped at 25 or your liking.
I do agree I will be putting the new plugs in. set at .25. I just cant convene myself it could be that easy.  5: 5: 5:

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2017, 05:01:32 PM »
Honestly,it can very well be that simple. BTDT.  Every once in a while I would have my dragster run fine and on next start up run like crap. New set or freshly bead blasted plugs and all would be fine instantly. Under higher than average cylinder pressures an engine can be very finicky about the least little thing.

Many ,many years ago I rebuilt a 400 Ford gas engine in an over the road tractor. Thing would run like a striped ass ape until you hooked a trailer up to it and it couldn't pull away from a stop without back firing and just plain falling on it's face. We screwed with that thing every possible,checked everything several times including plug gap. We just could not find out what the hell was going on. An older mechanic in the shop said to close the plug gap .010 tighter. VIOLA!!!! The SOB ran perfect and would continue to run perfect other than needing new tight gapped plugs about every 10K miles. Some engines are just picky ass bastards.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2017, 09:55:19 AM »
x2 on the copper NGK plugs - Outfront says:  ZFR6F-11  gapped to .025
What ECU are you running?  Can you access it see the data settings? 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2017, 10:09:21 AM »

Offline big dave

« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2017, 10:53:14 AM »
x2 on the copper NGK plugs - Outfront says:  ZFR6F-11  gapped to .025
What ECU are you running?  Can you access it see the data settings? 
It is a links atom system. i can see all data and make adjustment if need. but that is part of the mystery. no were in the config files, can i  found a limit set at 3800Rpm . plug are cheap. i ordered replacement to try them new out of the box. gaped to .25.  ngk r5671a-7  is what Cris at Wichita dyno put in. but hearing what outfront runs, i will get some of them coming as well.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:58:36 AM by big dave »

Offline big dave

« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2017, 10:55:54 AM »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2017, 11:17:39 AM »
this is about ford 2.3 but still intersting about plugs.  stinger admin is the owner and very knowledgeable on the 2.3 engines.
http://stinger-performance.proboards.com/thread/2059

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2017, 11:28:11 AM »
is this where your ecu come from??  http://www.linkecu.com/products/plugin-ecus/subaru/

Offline big dave

« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2017, 12:37:02 PM »
is this where your ecu come from??  http://www.linkecu.com/products/plugin-ecus/subaru/
well it came with the motor.  ha ha. but yes this is the vender. it is a older unit called the atom  . it is not the g4 plus. I have sent some running logged data. as well as my running program, to a venders to take a look at it. I have talked with the guy on line a lot, asking questions and he as been a great help. the time difference makes it a bit of a slow go . the  parts store in town, happen to have the plugs in stock that Outfront uses so I will give them a shot tonight.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:45:11 PM by big dave »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2017, 12:45:09 PM »
Does it rev to 3800 nice and crisp and then start crapping out or does it run sluggish to 3800 and then just fall completely on its' face?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline big dave

« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2017, 12:48:16 PM »
pic of ecu unit

Offline big dave

« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2017, 12:49:24 PM »
Does it rev to 3800 nice and crisp and then start crapping out or does it run sluggish to 3800 and then just fall completely on its' face?
runs crisp then craps out at 3800rpm. and by craping out I mean. it cuts off like a line launch limit.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:51:39 PM by big dave »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2017, 12:52:45 PM »
then it's 95% certain it's not the plugs. I'd still put in a new set though just to rule it out. From your original post I assume it does this driving and not just free revving?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal