Author Topic: anyone seen one of these?  (Read 8741 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline BDKW1

Re: anyone seen one of these?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 09:32:52 PM »
Gay, put a real hitch in the bed and be done with it.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 05:54:03 AM »
I'm sorry but I'll stick with a truck that is capable in the first place. IMO,this is just a cluster eff straight from Rube Goldberg.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 05:56:59 AM »
I should have said an EXPENSIVE cluster eff ................................... Why the obsession with hitches anyway?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline D Walker

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 06:15:21 AM »
I have seen them used on pusher moho pulling large stackers. It's really no different than any semi pulling doubles.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 06:21:11 AM »
And +8' so now your over length.  I dont need anymore tickets.  ;D
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline D Walker

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 06:48:35 AM »
And +8' so now your over length.  I dont need anymore tickets.  ;D

Baller ;D

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 07:32:27 AM »
I should have said an EXPENSIVE cluster eff ................................... Why the obsession with hitches anyway?

no obsession and i would never buy one. i pre to have the right truck for the job in the first place but when i come across these diff hitch's it always amazes me that there are many many spins on diff hitch's to avoid buying the right truck!!  rofl rofl

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 09:16:17 AM »
i have never seen one being used or seen a reason to use one , it looks like a monkey f---k a football  nono

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 09:20:21 AM »
I think that having the right truck and the proper amount of weight in the bed and front wheels is the key.  The people  that are going to buy this rig thinks that it's neat and easy to hitch.  They don't give it any though about to stop a 19K trailer you need some weight on the tow vehicle to.  That little two wheel puller ain't going to help much in a tru panic stop.  Especially if you are in a little bit of a turn with the truck and little hauler at about 45 degree angle. Gonna fold up like a ham sandwich.   

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »
i have never seen one being used or seen a reason to use one , it looks like a monkey f---k a football  nono

Got a neighbor south of me that uses one.  Race's junior dragsters.  Big moho and long trailer.  never unhooks the trailer from the toter. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 11:16:48 AM »
a big moho with a lot of overhang I can see the need but for anything else.............................uh nope.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »
it's funny there are a lot of diff style hitch's and gadgets made for people to pull 12k lbs camper and trailers with durango's and 1/2 ton's so they don't have to buy real trucks cause they believe reall trucks ride rough!!  rofl  i see it posted on camper forums all the time  rofl rofl

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 03:54:54 PM »
What did Barnum say? Something about a sucker born every minute? I do see a use for the setup you posted but in VERY LIMITED applications such as the moho with a hundred yards of rear overhang..
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 04:51:44 PM »
yep !!  and I know there are applications for it or it wouldn't exist but those applications appear to be for folks that want an alternative to a dually 1 ton or larger dually for a heavy load cause they want to use the pick up for daily driving. now I have read countless posts on the camper forums. why do I read the camper forums you ask.......... LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO  that's why!!   rofl rofl   I can't believe how many have no common sense these days and actually post the same questions over and over again. that is a common thing on the forums though about not wanting duallys cause they drive the trucks for a daily commuter to work and back. now I can understand that many people can't afford a truck just for pulling and a car to drive to work and back but ....now.....maybe the fuel savings along with lower cost of maintenance of a car would wash out in 1 or  years depending on how far they drove.  I may be way off here but.......if you can afford a  11k lb to 15k lb camper or toyhauler, shouldn't you be able to afford the correct tow vehicle for the load????  I know most or many blindly follow the advice of the camper dealerships cause well " they are the dealer"   nono eyes   and after a horrible experience they look for cheaper alternatives to help the situation........I get it cause to a certain extent or another we have all been there but there times when it has just gone too far  rofl rofl this is why I post these links on these SPECIAL hitch's and yes I have an air ride fifth wheel hitch in the bed of my truck but it wasn't so I didn't have to buy a bigger truck it was to re-leave some stress off the under designed upper deck of my fifth wheel toyhauler and make for a more comfortable ride in the truck. now I can't say for a fact that it re-leaved any stress off the camper but for damn sure did off the driver  ;D ;) ;) rofl

a guy I know recently bought a 26' tt camper for his family, he sold his avalanche pick up and bought a Durango right before. I told him that Durango will not pull that large of a tt camper worth a darn over 55 mph and maybe not even up to that. has has made 2 trips out by York ne from Lincoln. at 75 mph that's a 45 min drive once on I80 but for him it was more like 55mph and he said every rig that passed felt like he was going in the ditch. I said " oh ya, btdt"  and you better get rid of the Durango and go back to a truck. his response was , the Durango has plenty of power to pull the camper it just gets a little squirly in the wind and when trucks pass but we don't go far so it is ok and will be fine. I had to bite my hat and turn around an walked away!!!!!!!!! he his wife and 3 kids in the Durango at 55 mph on the interstate with a 26' camper on the bumper and a 10k lbs load leveler w/o sway brake!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 04:59:41 PM by Dsrace »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal