Author Topic: bad day  (Read 2792 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
bad day
« on: March 23, 2013, 04:04:56 PM »
watch the camper get closer to the construction cones. watch the hole video lol notice the hitch, does anyone see a load leveling hitch with sway brakes? must have been damn windy but triple axle on the bumper hmmmmmm at 47 sec it gets interesting!!!!

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:07:30 PM by Dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline BDKW1

Re: bad day
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 05:24:53 PM »
Going to the South Point race earlier this year we saw a truck with a camper on it almost go over coming down the grade into Primm. I was hanging back to see if it would go. After the inside rear tire came off the ground a couple times he slowed waaaaayyyyyyy down.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 07:12:41 PM »
Looks like the trailer makes a nice bumper jack. All 4 rears are off the ground!   
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 12:54:27 PM »
a lot of bs comments on the video post so i found the ones that actually tell the story  ;)
69lostridr 3 years ago
We need to post some important details about the accident. Thank you to the ones that defended us without knowing all the facts. Fact #1: This is a 42' destination" model. It's designed to go to a resort and be permanently placed. You don't? tow it around the country. #2: The unit was brand new and nothing was inside. #3: Caught in a major windstorm & wanted to exit hwy at the next exit which was 10 mi away; wind gusts were reaching 65-70 mph. 2 gusts caused the accident. Traveling 40 mph.

frank wix 2 years ago
man i am so sorry that happened? to you i am so glad you guys are ok ,, i own a 32 ft trailor and have been on some scary rides , once again i am so glad you are ok ,,

stetlerb 3 years ago
TRue. ? I don't know what was inside and that may have very well been a major factor. I have seen Weekend Warrior custom build MANY 40' tag trailers.

stetlerb 3 years ago
This comment has received too many negative votesshow

deslboy05dd 3 years ago
WOW! You are so quick to judge. Unless you were the guy that took the video there is no way to tell how? fast he was going. By the way nobody makes a 40' tow behind. Maybe 30-32'. I agree it was big. It looks like the trailer was swaying pretty bad as well. Perhaps the load inside wasn't distributed correctly. Who knows the whole story. I feel bad for the fellow duner who this happened to. I never like seeing RV accidents.

69lostridr 3 years ago
I've learned that you shouldn't make derogatory accusations about a person without having all the facts in your arsenal. Let me educate you on who the "idiot" is. This 42' Destination model is not to be pulled cross country. You place it in a permanent spot. Driving speed was 40 mph, which is 30 mph below posted limit. The next exit was 10 mi away. We planned to stop there if this hadn't happened. As a professional driver? I decided the gusts (65-70 mph) were too dangerous to go on. The "Moron"

backinthecrystal 2 years ago
You're? still a moron.

MrBadfish2 1 year ago
A professional driver you are NOT... a pro would not have been pulling a fxxking trailer in winds like that period. You should have looked up the weather before the trip, or at least realized the winds were too strong to be pulling a high profile trailer. Don't try to make it seem like you weren't stupid for this happening, because you? were. You could have killed someone going the other direction. Either way, it was an accident and nobody is saying they aren't glad you are ok.

IuTiubTM 1 year ago
Seriously? You wrecked the effin' s*** out of that trailer. Luckily you didn't wipe out a family. Probably because someone considered the possibility that there? would be a lot of professional drivers out there and closed the other lane, so the pros wouldn't take other people out when they "almost make it to the point where they had already planned to stop in order to avoid an accident produced by what their professional judgement regards as wind gusts too dangerous to go on".

majorsmackdown 2 years ago
You have to be a moron to spell moron incorrectly

blacksheepvictorYT 3 years ago
Holy? Crap!!!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:09:18 AM by Dsrace »

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 02:57:16 PM »
^^^^^ You can't predict what the wind will be along 100% of your route. I have almost been blown off the road in New Mexico on My bike by random gusts. Perfectly calm day and then wham, lane change......... Out on the plains this is a real issue. Heading to Colorado from Leavenworth 2 years ago in My chicks Colorado, I almost got blown off the 70 out by Hays. Totally unexpected. Really helps wake you up........

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 04:06:34 PM »
your right you cannot predict the wind but a 42' bumper drag camper!!  I pulled a 35' 9 hrs each way twice and will never do that again, can't imagine a 42'er!!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 05:39:44 PM »
^^^^^ You can't predict what the wind will be along 100% of your route. I have almost been blown off the road in New Mexico on My bike by random gusts. Perfectly calm day and then wham, lane change......... Out on the plains this is a real issue. Heading to Colorado from Leavenworth 2 years ago in My chicks Colorado, I almost got blown off the 70 out by Hays. Totally unexpected. Really helps wake you up........
Same here,same stretch of I70. 75mph in a Suburban heading west in north lane........or so I thought.  rofl rofl Funny now but scary as hell at the time.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 06:49:59 PM »
Last trip out of LS Ok, we went straight south towards Ok City.  Ran thru a big ass wind mill farm, 1000's as far as you could see NW of OK City.  That was my first clue the cross winds were about to be bad!   rofl
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 07:53:19 PM »
 2002 north out of waynoka, one complete roll over truck &trailer ,put wife at hospital 16 stitches in her head

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 08:25:58 PM »
still scary at times  :( :(

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 08:02:00 AM »
Looks like that would have gone over if it had been sitting still. I stopped at my cousins in Sidney Ne. The wings were killer on I80. Parked semis were being blow over. Professional or not, you can get caught. If you look close he was just coming out from behind a hill to go over a valley. At least he knew to slow down. How many of us would have tried to get to the next exit or further? Pretty sure dam near every one of us. My self included.

I have to say I love my trailer, big, low, heavy. Built just like me. Stable in all sorts of wind. Most rvs have the floor above the wheels. That is plenty high for as light as they are for the sq/ft of side wall they give wind to push on.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 08:12:33 AM »
+1!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 10:55:05 PM »
I'm not looking forward to any wind with My mobile billboard.........

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 05:23:11 AM »
I know when I ordered my trailer, I went back-n-forth on adding the extra 6" height.  Cargo type that I'm converting.  Standard 6'-6" inside headroom.  I added the 6" beacause I'm 6'4"  rofl, even though I'd have extra wind drag. 

BDKW1, I that thing 2 story??
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 10:03:47 AM »
if it going to get you it will, who ever you are pro or not  drowning

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal