Author Topic: 2 seater buggies/sandrails  (Read 5481 times)

rklausbeasty42

2 seater buggies/sandrails
« on: February 25, 2011, 12:20:49 AM »
Looking for images and blue prints free so i can just print them out and start buying and making plz help !!!

SPEC

Re: 2 seater buggies/sandrails
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 01:06:44 AM »
Your in the wrong place looking for bootleg prints pal
Hell I might be on a ban roll nono

rklausbeasty42

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 01:11:49 AM »
oh im not aloud to do that my bad dude srry wont happen again.       srry just got to ask why am i not aloud to

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 02:40:51 AM »
Many shops make their living selling their design for you to build. When I built my car I spent a couple months cruising around the internet saving all the pics of things I liked on cars. I still save pics when I see something cool for future references. It helps you design to see the way others have done their stuff. It can be very hard to figure out a clean way to mount this or bend that but you can use others experence to aid you. Then with some ideas in your head build a one off car that has all the features you like from severial different cars. PLEASE DON't JUST COPY SOMEONES CAR THOUGH.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 05:38:01 AM »
I would recommend buy a couple different sets of plans for buggies that you like the looks of.  Then combine the things you like, but be careful, if you start changing things without knowing, you will open a big can of worms. 
$50 for some plans will be the cheapest thing you buy, will save you a $1000.

Oh yeah, welcome.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

rklausbeasty42

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »
well thank you guys you inspired to look father in my buggie plans i know i want it to be a 2 seater i want it to be a stick with 4gears whith reverse any body have some motor ideas or a website so i can scan some motors and see what type i would perferre

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 11:19:50 AM »
All depends on budget. You need to be able to build a trans to handle your horsepower.

rklausbeasty42

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 11:36:01 AM »
well its sorta money tight so i probably want to buy it part by part

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 01:17:22 PM »
well its sorta money tight so i probably want to buy it part by part

Most likly that will cost you more, there are some really good buy out there on some used buggies.  It seems cheaper to spend $200 a month on it, but when I took 2.5 yrs thats like $6000. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 08:34:04 PM »
If you are on a small budget you should shop for a used vw motor and trans. Most other options will start getting pricey. I got my subaru for $2000 but have $5500 in the trans that can barely handle it. Sounds like you would be much beter off getting a decent $3000 buggy and building from there. Add stuff to it as you can afford it. Then some day you can use those parts on a beter frame.

rklausbeasty42

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 11:19:16 PM »
yea i can probably get a motor from some run i know allot of people with allot of stuff so yea.but if i cant I'm going to have to look into buying one

SPEC

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 11:31:54 PM »
My best advise is to do alot of research,
Nail down what you have to have in terms of wheel travel, how much power you really need.....BE REALISTIC
Look at your budget REALISTICALLY
Are you better off working with a subcompact truck...Geo tracker Suzuki samuri to work with and play in? or do you need to build a fire breathing woods burner
Think about it

rklausbeasty42

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 11:34:20 PM »
lol k

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 12:34:44 PM »
or buy a used beam buggy and take some time converting it or all up front. ya I sell the front kits but sometimes that's more realistic than the other way. bottom line doesn't matter how much power you have, if you feel like you've been beat up when you get back it's no good! smooth ride and low hp then work on the hp later on. just my opinion.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

rklausbeasty42

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 08:21:48 PM »
yea that a good idea but im just going to throw a 500crf 4 stroke motor in it would it be able to move a full size sandrail becaus mine is going to be way smaller then a sand rail i just want to know if it will move it

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal