Author Topic: Best truck tires  (Read 1445 times)

SPEC

Best truck tires
« on: July 14, 2010, 04:45:05 AM »
A couple of weeks ago I encountered some road debris 9:
Trashing both the trailer tires and 2 on my truck, I usually drive so little that I haven't had to buy new tires in the last 10 years or so, used have done me well...
But now I'm looking for some extra heavy duty tires for the back of my 71
What's the best bang for the buck tire in a 16" in the 235x 85 range?

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
Re: Best truck tires
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 07:29:49 PM »
I love my Goodyear Duratraxs. Real quiet for an aggressive tire. Work well in the snow/ice. If you look used go for a Goodyear workhorse. Had these on the truck till one meet a tree stump with a big thorn (2 inch branch broken off to a point). My brother has 50000 miles on his set and they still have healthy tread left. He had bridgestones before and ended up get all 4 warrantied. Then that set popped the sidewalls again he went to the goodyears. All that happened in less than 25000 miles. I cant fault the Nitto Terra Grapplers on my new rig.  They run quiet but don't have the grip of the goodyears even with the rear locker.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

SPEC

Re: Best truck tires
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 06:02:17 AM »
Good year used to make a really good tire called the workhorse xt, they were about a 14 ply or better... I knew a a guy that had a fleet of F-450 4x4's that hauled trash out of remote sites... Every year he put on new ones and sold me the take off's cheap...like a half pound of jerky for 4 ;D ...
I just don't have the 250 per tire to spend :-[
I ordered a pair of mastercraft yesterday...314  out the door leaving my junk tires there

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal