Author Topic: LED Light bar  (Read 6083 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
LED Light bar
« on: October 09, 2009, 11:52:36 PM »
OK, so I have wanted to ditch the halogen lights for a bit.  Decided I would do a combination of HID and LED.  Well, found some of the Kragen HID at a fair price and I now have two of the 7" on the car.  So, off to LED shopping I go. 

First off - doggies these bad boys are pricey.  Near as I can tell, there are two main players in the market and a third minor player at the current time.  They are "Vision X," "Rigid Industries" and "K(yle) B(rown) Customs." 

So, first I looked at my application - figured that a 20" bar would be about right for me, and given the cost issues would be about as big as I could fit into my wallet this year. 

When compared to HID cost with hoops, etc the cost is about the same as HID, might even be a savings, but the price will come down once more folks start making them. In the meantime we have:

22" Vision X is $750.00
20" Rigid is $699.00
22" KB is $760.50.

Every potential buyer knows that the price will come down in a few months. I would like a bar now, just did not want to swing at $800.00 for one. There is no clear winner in the price department assuming all are equal, but I think one of the above is better than an other.   

That is the Rigid model - why?  Well, from my research, it appears that there isn't a brighter LED light anywhere.  The optics are so efficient that they operate at almost half the watts and are much brighter than all of the others.  (Charts, etc on other boards I visit.) The reflectors can be reconfigured to all spot, all flood, or a combination of the two. They are virtually indestructible. Have you seen the movies?  Here you go......

http://www.rigidindustries.com/product_p/rgdl20.htm

So, for me the Rigid was the clear winner. 

But still - hang up on the price.   So, what to do?  Well, wait.  Really the year has not been that good.

So, I keep digging and I run across "Pete."  Pete is well respected member on other boards that I frequent and he has the light I want for......  Wait for it.........

$575.00.   

Yea, I know, not cheap, but damn sure not $750.00.  And about the price of two higher end HID lights.   So, the cat and I sat down, counted up the loose pocket change (See below) and I have pulled the trigger. 

Once I get it in, and on, and tested, I will be back to this thread.   In the meantime, figured I would post up his contact in and price info for anybody who is thinking of LED bar.

Pete -   AKA "LovesDunes"
Hot Shot Racing
619-729-7325. 

Give him a call for the hook up. 

4" Light Bar $260 - - - 5.5" Total Length
6" Light Bar $305 - - - 7.5" Total Length
10" Light Bar $370 - - - 11.5" Total Length
20" Light Bar $575 - - - 21.5" Total Length
30" Light Bar $780 - - - 31.5" Total Length
40" Light Bar $1050 - - - 41.5" Total Length
50" Light Bar $1250 - - - 51.5" Total Length

« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 12:39:11 PM by Yummi »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Boostinjdm

Re: LED Light bar
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 01:00:03 AM »
HE HE HE.  I got a kick out of the pocket change cuz I just cashed mine in today so I could make it through the weekend.  10 min later the farmer showed up and paid his bill.  ::)
This post has been edited due to content.

RC51 Rhino

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 05:45:17 AM »
 I've been trying to tell everybody... Taylor and the guys at Rigid are my boys! PM me and I can prolly get you guys a deal. The E-Series lights from Rigid are the BEST! I was around when they did the first beat up test with the wood and his Jeep. Unreal stuff!

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 09:24:30 AM »
Damn, I love the test video. :laugh: Pricey?  Yes but nearly indestructable.  Cool 8) 8)
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline cleppla

• Fabricator
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 11:02:48 PM »
I am totally sold on the LED light bar's.   I looked around and the ridigs look like the best IMHO.

Chris

RC51 Rhino

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 06:29:09 AM »
 I am talking to Fabr about advertising here and have a 'dealership' with Rigid. I'll meet or beat any price out there. PM me for details.

odypilots

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 01:04:11 PM »
How did this work out, Yummi?

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 04:51:26 PM »
Well, did not keep the car too long after the bar install but in a nut shell - pretty good. 

Bigger is better - i am thinking about a 30" one for my current car - have to do some other stuff first.  But, on the list. 

RC51 sells em - he can get you the hook up.  As to cost?  Well, ok as opposed to HID's of equal size, lumes.  Not for the faint of wallet. 

But, still a big chunk. 

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 05:20:04 PM »
Well damn, I kinda wish I would have run across this thread before I made my purchase! BUT, I think I will be happy with the Vision-X.
We can do some good 'ole REAL WORLD side by side comparisons with these two brands ;D. I'm purchasing 3 of the XIL-120's for the front end (1 for now...$$$.. ouch!), than maybe a longer one for the roof in the future. [cue evil laugh]

Gotta take a second mortgage out first  :u

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

RC51 Rhino

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 09:12:13 PM »
 I can pretty much guarantee ours are the brightest and most efficient out of anything you will compare to. Expensive, yes.......they are the best though!

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 10:10:55 PM »
Yea, I'm definitely thinking of sending this back and going with yours. The vision X are way too pricey for what your getting.. A 22" bar is 900 bucks now! Holy shit did those go up! The 8" I ordered were $340 (best I could find) All of a sudden that seems like a bit high as well for what it is...

Dammit..... rethinking stuff
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 10:20:44 PM »
PM rc,he'll do ya right.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

RC51 Rhino

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 11:15:59 PM »
 Yessir....the DTSfab discount. Nobody else will get the deals I can give! Sept maybe the boss!

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 05:48:11 AM »
Yea, I'm definitely thinking of sending this back and going with yours. The vision X are way too pricey for what your getting.. A 22" bar is 900 bucks now! Holy shit did those go up! The 8" I ordered were $340 (best I could find) All of a sudden that seems like a bit high as well for what it is...

Dammit..... rethinking stuff

If you have any more doubts watch the vidio again.  The way you drive :o :o you'll need something to drag around and beat on. kick LMAO LMAO LMAO

The one you bought might hold up the same?????
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

RC51 Rhino

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 12:15:24 PM »
 Yeah, that's my buddy's JK we were dragging the light from. We still have the bar and after the ballistics test 80% or so of the LEDs still work! The bar is NOT pretty though!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal