Author Topic: bargan basement shock choice  (Read 4138 times)

Boomer-61

Re: bargan basement shock choice
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 08:03:12 AM »
Spec,
    What I think I need to do is post an updated pic of the buggy with arms in place for a reference.  I'll try and do that tonight.  I think the shocks in the 2nd pic would work.  As for weight, I keep adding bracing and what not so it's changing .  I can try and get an estimate tonight as well.  What do you want for the shocks? 
Boomer

Boomer-61

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 04:22:33 PM »
I've attached a picture.  Note the tape marks on the trailing arm and frame, they are at 12" intervals.  I still don't have a weight, it's beyond me at this time. 
The questions to answer are:  two shocks or one, which two and finally where to mount them?  Thanks.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 07:03:37 AM »
Til you have a weight, I dont think anyone can give an accurate answer.  Thats why you see so many with Fox Airs, just change nitro and oil and the shock can go one most any buggy.  The cheaper coilover shocks are gonna have to be mounted down the arms towards the axles.  Probably the car air shocks too.  Without correct weight you'll get a 95% chance the coils will be wrong.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Boomer-61

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 07:38:21 AM »
This weekend when I roll things out again I'll get the corners on the scale and do the best I can at estimating finished weight loaded with fuel and two riders.  I appreciate your help so far.  I understand that trying to offer up help to me is like leading a blind man through the woods at night.
Boomer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal